Huben Huben k1

It can get even more than that, if you have one that likes to run at lower pressures. Despite what @john8 said (and I've heard that from many Huben owners), my .22 runs well under 100 bar. I've even shot it at ~30 FPE at 80 bar and it did OK, but it was clear that it was on the ragged edge, so I set it up to 95 bar to leave some margin. At that point, on a 300 bar fill it would give me ~6 mags before dropping off the regulator, but I ususally refill well before that as I rarely shoot that much in a session anymore.

Over last winter I dialed it down to about 10 FPE or so for shooting indoors over the winter and it got about 400 shots on a fill like that.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
If you really want to experience endless shooting, try shooting tethered. Take that tank that only has about 2500 psi in it, hook it up to your gun with a long hose and you can just shoot entire tins of pellets at a time with near perfect consistency. No need to dial back on the power either assuming you're not shooting some sort of big bore powerhouse.

It can get even more than that, if you have one that likes to run at lower pressures. Despite what @john8 said (and I've heard that from many Huben owners), my .22 runs well under 100 bar. I've even shot it at ~30 FPE at 80 bar and it did OK, but it was clear that it was on the ragged edge, so I set it up to 95 bar to leave some margin. At that point, on a 300 bar fill it would give me ~6 mags before dropping off the regulator, but I ususally refill well before that as I rarely shoot that much in a session anymore.

Over last winter I dialed it down to about 10 FPE or so for shooting indoors over the winter and it got about 400 shots on a fill like that.
My .22 is shooting JTS 18.1s at 910 with a Huma reg at 90bar. No problems and very backyard friendly with a Huma30 mod. I got 3 mags from 100bar drop or thereabouts.

If you really want to experience endless shooting, try shooting tethered. Take that tank that only has about 2500 psi in it, hook it up to your gun with a long hose and you can just shoot entire tins of pellets at a time with near perfect consistency. No need to dial back on the power either assuming you're not shooting some sort of big bore powerhouse.
Jeez I get bored after shooting 20 pellets, I could never do that.

Is there a way to install additional optics to this gun? It has a very short pic rail for the scope but I’m not gonna be able to put on a thermal or night vision monocular as far as I can tell. Half of my shooting is done in the dark.
I have had no issues putting a zulus, atn, wraith on the k1 rail.
20231201_234245.jpg

Shot count is going to be proportional to power and fill level. I don't doubt what Prophetganda is saying, but that is a very high power tune. I have my .22 set up more backyard friendly, and it is putting out about 33 FPE and I get about 4 mags out of a roughly 4000 psi fill (the reg is set lower too this way, providing more usable air). Last winter I dropped it down to ~8 FPE for indoor target shooting via just the power wheel and I got probably over 20 mags per fill . . .

As for things to know, the main thing is that you can't shoot any ammo that shifts around in the mag - it has to have a snug fit in there or it will lead to jams.
How is yours set up and what ammo are you using? I’ve got mine set with the reg on 13 and 23 clicks on the wheel. I’m shooting .219 27.5 gr NSA’s. I can hit chipmunks without trying but I’d like more out of it. I just don’t need that much power. I tried the NSA .219 20’s but they were all over the place. There is no way I could get group like the one posted above.

How is yours set up and what ammo are you using? I’ve got mine set with the reg on 13 and 23 clicks on the wheel. I’m shooting .219 27.5 gr NSA’s. I can hit chipmunks without trying but I’d like more out of it. I just don’t need that much power. I tried the NSA .219 20’s but they were all over the place. There is no way I could get group like the one posted above.
Mine (a .22 caliber) has the Huma regulator in it, as I have found it to be more stable at lower reg pressures - the factory unit was very stable up around 140-150 bar or so, but definitely had a higher ES at the lower regulator settings, especially on the first shot after a delay in shooting. My gun runs well even down at 90 bar, but the reg is now at about 115 bar to give me more power if I want it by shooting Monsters at around 940 fps without making any changes, as reg pressure is much harder to change with the Huma regulator (it can only be changed internally). But almost all my shooting is currently done with JTS 18.1 grain pellets.

I don't count clicks as a regular thing - I just tune for an ideal max speed of about 920 FPS, and then loosen the screw and reposition the wheel in a specific orientation for my reference (I put a black mark on it with a sharpie for quick reference) and set the "base tune" position with mark at 12:00 when looking at it with the gun pointed up. Then it is easy to back off on power as I want for other pesting needs in my yard. Three clicks clockwise puts me in the low 800s, about half a turn clockwise drops the speed to ~500 fps, and 3/4 clockwise goes all the way down to ~375fps. The lower speeds are very useful for chipmunks up close or near my house or shed to minimize damage, and I know the holdovers at closer ranges. 3-4 clicks counter clockwise launches the Monsters up at ~930-940 fps or so.

Just for you, I went and counted clicks ;) - the base tune position is at 17 clicks from fully closed.

I don't have any pictures of groups with the JTS pellets at distance, but I do know it shoots them a bit better at ~20 yards or so so that is why I use them. Here is a pic from before with JSB 18.1s out of it - a full mag, and do know that the gun is a 2021, but I bought and swapped in a 2018 Lothar Walther generation barrel and mag in it, as I was not happy with the original barrel with pellets:

Huben 55 yard group - Aug 1, 2021.jpg

I have had no issues putting a zulus, atn, wraith on the k1 rail. View attachment 468742
I’ve never seen that optic before and I must say it’s pretty cool, but im more interested in the ability to go clip-on with a pvs-7 night vision or rh25 thermal. They are mounted in series in front of the day time optic and can be removed as needed. Thanks!