Huben Huben pistol ammo choice.

So, I'm noticing my .25 GK1 is extremely picky about ammo. To a point where I no longer dare to shoot anything except JSB Kings (25.39 grain). Everything else will eventually jam the gun. Even the JSB King Heavy (33.95 grain) variant will jam it. Same goes for Zan .253 slugs which others have praised. Im honestly getting a little sick and tired of taking the whole gun apart again to clear jams. Regular JSB King's are currently the only ammo type that shoots reliably.

I checked the barrel/magazine alignment, and that seems to be in order. The chrono shows that it shoots consistantly, without no unusual power drops. Using these 25.39 grainers I'm shooting at around 55-60 ft-lbs with my current power settings. Do I need to up the power to make Zan Slugs work or something? I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Especially when I see others shoot it reliably with other types of pellets/slugs.

Reactions: Stubbers
So, I'm noticing my .25 GK1 is extremely picky about ammo. To a point where I no longer dare to shoot anything except JSB Kings (25.39 grain). Everything else will eventually jam the gun. Even the JSB King Heavy (33.95 grain) variant will jam it. Same goes for Zan .253 slugs which others have praised. Im honestly getting a little sick and tired of taking the whole gun apart again to clear jams. Regular JSB King's are currently the only ammo type that shoots reliably.

I checked the barrel/magazine alignment, and that seems to be in order. The chrono shows that it shoots consistantly, without no unusual power drops. Using these 25.39 grainers I'm shooting at around 55-60 ft-lbs with my current power settings. Do I need to up the power to make Zan Slugs work or something? I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Especially when I see others shoot it reliably with other types of pellets/slugs.
For what it is worth my .25 has jammed once, and it was due to an obviously undersized/loose h and n slug that i tried shooting anyway.

It sounds like you have some kind of an issue with your gun because all of the following have shot many mags without any jams:

H and N 20.6 grain field target
H and N barracuda
H and N crow magnum
Hatsan 24.xx grain
Bob's boat tails 40 and 50 grain
Jsb 24 grain
Fx 24 grain
Ff 33 grain

I have only tried shooting Bob's boattail slugs because it seems to me that the standard NSA profile type slug isn't really shaped right for that magazine. The bbt's are barrel like with drive bands fore and aft, which keep them snug and aligned.

The other possibility is that you are not loading the pellets correctly, but I hate to suggest that because I assume you've already figured that out.

For what it is worth my .25 has jammed once, and it was due to an obviously undersized/loose h and n slug that i tried shooting anyway.

It sounds like you have some kind of an issue with your gun because all of the following have shot many mags without any jams:

H and N 20.6 grain field target
H and N barracuda
H and N crow magnum
Hatsan 24.xx grain
Bob's boat tails 40 and 50 grain
Jsb 24 grain
Fx 24 grain
Ff 33 grain

I have only tried shooting Bob's boattail slugs because it seems to me that the standard NSA profile type slug isn't really shaped right for that magazine. The bbt's are barrel like with drive bands fore and aft, which keep them snug and aligned.

The other possibility is that you are not loading the pellets correctly, but I hate to suggest that because I assume you've already figured that out.
Yeah its strange... JSB Kings are always a winner. Haven't had a jam once with those. I avoid any type of H&N, since they tend to sit too loose in the mag and rattle around. I haven't really shot any of them.

Again, I checked the barrel/mag alignment and that seems to be in order. Something tells me that it might have something to do with the mag/valve timing. Perhaps it spins too soon after a shot is fired or something. Anyone know what could be the cause of that? I know there's an indexing pin somewhere. Maybe there's a faulty o-ring in that part of the gun. Not sure...

You may have to send the gun to Kelly if you got it from Krazycool guns to get it check, your gun should not be doing that with pellets.

If the mag and barrel aren't perfectly center you will encounter this issue with just about any ammo you put it through.

You may have to send the gun to Kelly if you got it from Krazycool guns to get it check, your gun should not be doing that with pellets.

If the mag and barrel aren't perfectly center you will encounter this issue with just about any ammo you put it through.
Im european so unfortunately Kelly's expertise is out of my reach, haha. Strange that it does shoot JSB Kings reliably then... You would expect the same result with them too. But they always cycle perfectly. The length of the projectile might be a factor. Kings are considerably shorter than most other .25 ammo.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Im european so unfortunately Kelly's expertise is out of my reach, haha. Strange that it does shoot JSB Kings reliably then... You would expect the same result with them too. But they always cycle perfectly. The length of the projectile might be a factor. Kings are considerably shorter than most other .25 ammo.
Your mag chambers might be slightly oversized then. Fill up all the chambers and rotate the magazine with the barrel pointed down 3-5 times and then repeat the same process with the muzzle pointed upwards. Out of the K1 I used to have I never had any pellets that jammed unless they were H&N for some reason the skirt sizes were inconsistent from the tin I had. The polymags would hang up on occasion in my GK1 because of inconsistent skirt sizes causing the pellets to fall down and the tips to catch whioe rotating. Also make sure to seat the skirt it does not need to be pushed all the way in. I've put 47gr solid VK slugs and they were never to long but did hang up because they were the proper width and didn't hold well. Shooting the NSA .254 fixed that up