There's a small screw on the right side of the rear sight ramp.
@Airgun-hobbyist I got it. That’s what @Barri_40 told me. The thing that was a little strange was that with the elevation adjustment screw, it’s hard to know how close I am to backing it all the way out. It’s also strange to not really be able to document the adjustments that I make to the rear sight. There are windage markings in the top of the sight, but I haven’t noticed anything moving to align with the markings. I also don’t know if these screws will move in time once loosened up a bit from adjustment. This is totally different from adjusting a scope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandito
@Airgun-hobbyist I got it. That’s what @Barri_40 told me. The thing that was a little strange was that with the elevation adjustment screw, it’s hard to know how close I am to backing it all the way out. It’s also strange to not really be able to document the adjustments that I make to the rear sight. There are windage markings in the top of the sight, but I haven’t noticed anything moving to align with the markings. I also don’t know if these screws will move in time once loosened up a bit from adjustment. This is totally different from adjusting a scope.
I saw a response and was wondering if you had gotten the answer from that member. There's a lot of members who post in their native languages and because I don't have the translator function on I don't know what they said.

The horizontal blade adjuster was a bit of a trial and error session for me too. As you alluded to, probably due to the fact we're so used to messing around with scope dials with markings.

@Airgun-hobbyist But my shots moved. My shooting still needs a lot of work, but my best group about maybe 6-7 shots within the large ring shooting offhand and untethered. I may post the embarrassing target in the groups photo thread. It’s tough not seeing the holes without walking closer to the target.

Last edited:
...am liking the GK1 V3 so far, but it hits very low, and I don't know how to clean the barrel...

...is there a way to adjust elevation or access the breach...?!?...
@Hapo for the elevation adjustment, you can loosen it tightens the Allen head screw that holds the rear sight in place. As it loosens you can press down on the rear sight and feel it spring back up as you lease pressure with your finger. The opposite will occur as you tighten this screw down.

To clean the barrel take a look at @weevil’s method in the following two threads.
See post #42 here https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...-journey-to-a-diy-mini-carbine.1307076/page-3

@weevil’s thread on cleaning the GK1 barrel here

I also added these links to the first list in the “All Things Huben GK1 - Master Thread”

How many of you all cleaned your GK1 barrel before shooting? If you shot first and cleaned later, did you notice any difference in how your gun shot?

Last edited:
@Hapo for the elevation adjustment, you can loosen it tightens the alley head screw that holds the rear sight in place. As it loosens you can press down on the rear sight and feel it spring back up as you lease pressure with your finger. The opposite will occur as you tighten this screw down.

To clean the barrel take a look at @weevil’s method in the following two threads.
See post #42 here https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...-journey-to-a-diy-mini-carbine.1307076/page-3

@weevil’s thread on cleaning the GK1 barrel here

I also added these links to the first list in the “All Things Huben GK1 - Master Thread”

How many of you all cleaned your GK1 barrel before shooting? If you shot first and cleaned later, did you notice any difference in how your gun shot?
I am the only owner of the first GK-1 sold in the USA. #11. I have just passed the 30,000 pellet through. The accuracy is still the same. I have never cleaned the barrel. This is only observation. Your mileage may vary.

I am the only owner of the first GK-1 sold in the USA. #11. I have just passed the 30,000 pellet through. The accuracy is still the same. I have never cleaned the barrel. This is only observation. Your mileage may vary.
@grofteevan Thanks for the response. Looks like I have a lot of work to do to improve.

Did you guys tried the Altaros ATP slugs? I'm sure I read about some people using it. But it's very tight to load it in the GK1. I'm afraid it would damage it.

IMG20240803131908.jpg

IMG20240803131951.jpg

Reactions: rootdude
@Ach3r0n Try .254 or .253 slugs. Those diameters seem to load better in my mag. Although .254 and .255 are a bit snug, with a seating tool they can be situated within the mag appropriately. .255 will take some force, but I saw no damage to the gun from shooting them, no jams. You may have to size down your slugs. Have you measured the actual diameter of those Altaros slugs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ach3r0n
@Ach3r0n Try .254 or .253 slugs. Those diameters seem to load better in my mag. Although .254 and .255 are a bit snug, with a seating tool they can be situated within the mag appropriately. .255 will take some force, but I saw no damage to the gun from shooting them, no jams. You may have to size down your slugs. Have you measured the actual diameter of those Altaros slugs?

"Have you measured the actual diameter of those Altaros slugs?"

No. I don't even know how should I do it, I mean I don't have the tool for that. But thanks for the info & advice.

The tools needed are calipers or a micrometer. A micrometer would be better in my opinion. It looks like this when you measure a projectile.
View attachment 485486
Thanks.
I saw this guy shooting it (if this is the same slug). So, I ordered.

On their website (Altaros) I don't see the GK1 as a recommended choice for this slug. Only K1. Different magazine? Probably I should ask them. 😅

@PCPFanNL Not a clue. Is anyone else shooting their GK1 in .22 down to 100 bar? That seems like it's pushing things. How do those pellets fit into your magazine? They aren't heavy pellets. Does your GK1 do the same thing with heavier pellets? How about if you adjust the power screw? How long have you noticed your GK1 acting this way?

Reactions: PCPFanNL
@PCPFanNL Not a clue. Is anyone else shooting their GK1 in .22 down to 100 bar? That seems like it's pushing things. How do those pellets fit into your magazine? They aren't heavy pellets. Does your GK1 do the same thing with heavier pellets? How about if you adjust the power screw? How long have you noticed your GK1 acting this way?
I think Gregory mentioned not going below 100 bar, so that’s what I’m guided by :)

The JTS 20.73 fit snug, I seat them, and they ‘click’ into place.

I’ll have a try tomorrow with other (heavier) pellets to check. Would be weird if the pellets are causing this right?

This is the first time I notice this FPS changing. I haven’t shot the GK1 for a while, but that shouldn’t be the issues either I guess..

Very curious about this :D