Exciting times!

And in anticipation of this acquisition, I'm looking to procure the available accoutrements for them. One such item I'm considering is the aftermarket loading gate. In lieu of that, would any of you K1 connoisseurs know if either of the two different iterations (images attached) that these two guys are making, would in fact install onto and fully function on the GK1? The first image is from made from this guy in Europe and sold on ebay. I wish someone would make a cnc milled one as an alternative.

Alternatively, have any of you K1 owners already installed this and does it really improve the loading process; and prevent dinging up the slugs / pellets?

With the advent of an appendage accommodating barrel, what are some of you soon to be GK1 owners looking to compliment it with? Just looking for some ideas. I kind of like the behemoth, being that it is modular and allow one to adjust the length. Although I do like the one that @FLgunner has on his Ataman!

Huben K1 loading gate.png

Last edited:
I have the textured one shown in the second picture. It works great and does help with loading pellets, both by making the process a bit quicker by loading multiple pellets between magazine retations and also because there is no pressure placed on the pellt s as they are being loaded. I'm also looking to get one after I get the GK1, and this design should work on both.

Reactions: Airtillery
Does anyone know if the pistol parts are interchangeable with the rifle (obviously the common parts such as valve, body and mag)?

If it could be made into a rifle, I might roll the dice on one but if it’s too different from what Gregor did, I’ll probably pass.

Dave

You can do it!

From what I read and watched on Youtube the valve/mag is the same functioning wise, not sure dimensionally on the production version.

-Matt

Reactions: sb327
So,....what is so bad about the OEM koading gate ?
the OEM gate is more finicky. In order to load the pellets without deforming them you have to push the tab down then load each pellet 1 by 1. When I had the OEM gate I used a 1.5mm Allen key to press down the tab then load a pellet.

The flip up loading gates are MUCH more convenient.

This has probably been covered earlier but Zi have a question about maximizing shot count before refilling. Lets say I opted for .177 caliber and I was shooting reactive ( shootin‘ gallery) type targets indoors. Don’t need a lot of power for that kind of shooting. How many shots are likely before refilling? I had a KI rifle in 22 and I got really annoyed at continually having to watch the pressure gauge.

Link to the guy making the gates above?

Thanks
Rich
Here they are. I ordered one yesterday, says I will get it in August. I guess it will fit the pistol too. If not guess I will have to buy a Huben rifle, LOL.

I see you like learning the hard way. All these people buying the aftermarket loading gates ain’t buying them because the OEM gate is good or even okay. It sucks. It’s as if the guy who invented huben took the day off when they designed the loading gate. Go figure, the guys (LCS, Western Airguns) who ripped off the huben design did a better job of designing the loading gate.

Reactions: Nutcracker
I see you like learning the hard way. All these people buying the aftermarket loading gates ain’t buying them because the OEM gate is good or even okay. It sucks. It’s as if the guy who invented huben took the day off when they designed the loading gate. Go figure, the guys (LCS, Western Airguns) who ripped off the huben design did a better job of designing the loading gate.
We will see, a lot of people buy gadgets that aren't really necessary,...not saying that this one isn't, but I rather see how the OEM one functions before getting an aftermarket part, and if I have to do so it will not kill me using the OEM for a bit ;)

Reactions: Nutcracker
We will see, a lot of people buy gadgets that aren't really necessary,...not saying that this one isn't, but I rather see how the OEM one functions before getting an aftermarket part, and if I have to do so it will not kill me using the OEM for a bit ;)
It’s not a necessity, more of a convenience. I used the OEM gate for 3 years before I got the 3d printed flip open gates. With or without the gate the K1 has been my favorite gun in my collection.

When you get the GK1 you will be so ecstatic shooting it that the OEM won’t bother you that much. Especially being that you’ve never experienced a flip open gate to spoil you. Once the intital euphoria levels out to a still high level of happiness you will then realize why we all switch to the aftermarket gate. Or maybe you’re a really patient guy who doesn’t mind fiddling with tiny parts. In that case the stock loading gate won’t kill you😉

It’s not a necessity, more of a convenience. I used the OEM gate for 3 years before I got the 3d printed flip open gates. With or without the gate the K1 has been my favorite gun in my collection.

When you get the GK1 you will be so ecstatic shooting it that the OEM won’t bother you that much. Especially being that you’ve never experienced a flip open gate to spoil you. Once the intital euphoria levels out to a still high level of happiness you will then realize why we all switch to the aftermarket gate. Or maybe you’re a really patient guy who doesn’t mind fiddling with tiny parts. In that case the stock loading gate won’t kill you😉
Also remember I don't shoot much, after sighting in there's no more target shooting,....lucky if I shoot 10 rounds a month out of one gun.