I bought a T/C Arms pistol scope just for the GK1. That was a first for me. I always buy the gun first then shop for a scope.

The T/C scope has 2.5-7x zoom with a simple duplex reticle. About the same eye box as my other handgun scopes BUT the Japanese glass is 10x more clear than my Chinese scopes. I was going to splurge on a Leupold 2.5-8x scope but my budget slapped me. I came to my senses and searched for something that was a step above my current scopes. That’s when I found this scope on eBay and won the auction. They sold for $300 and I got it for $150.

Those TC scopes were nice scopes. They used to make one called an Electra Dot, they were nice. Japanese stuff. I have a Leupold 2.5-8x32, will give that a try.

Hard to find a 1 MOA tiny sight. Trijicon makes the 1 MOA SRO, but pricey. Here is a 2 MOA cheap but good reviews. I have one but never used it. May put it on the Huben. It will work equally on a rifle or handgun. Not as small as most pistol dots. Holosun makes good dots, not as pricey as Trijicon.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
What's everyone thinking for a suppressor for the GK1. I've got a DonnyFL Fatboy I use on my rifles but I think it might be a bit big. Want a balance of functionality and looks.:cool:
Tanto or the Impulse 1200. I want something small & light. Also, if the diameter gets too big, some of it may show up in my optic, not a good thing.

Back to the moderator on this thing. While the OD has to be kept at a minimum to keep from showing up in the optic, (if the mounted optic is low), it may take a long mod. to quiet that thing. There has to be a lot of air exiting the muzzle & a short Moderator might not contain it. Just saying, I don't know. I am going to try my tanto first. Would be nice if a short one works.

Re: suppressors: Again (sigh), the rifles are a bit fussy and they seem to affect accuracy. These guns are really different and regulate dwell time partly from the pressure in the barrel, which can be affected by the moderator. Anyway, it seems that the least moderation you can live with is the best to maintain accuracy. I got Huma mod 30 and 40 for the 22 and 25. The advantage is that you can try one section first and add more if needed to find the best compromise between sound deadening and maintaining accuracy. With just a 2 section mod30 on my 22, shooting hades at 950fps, the K1 is the quietest 30+fpe I’ve encountered. Obviously a pistol is more challenging, but I’ll bet it’s still much better than say, the Evanix Viper.

I’m happy that the option for a moderator is there, but I completely understand why not providing the option for one appears like it was considered. By the time you put one on that is long enough to do any good, why are you using a pistol in the first place. Even if you put one on that is short enough to be practical, all that extra weight hanging that far out in front of what is already a pretty long barrel, by pistol standards, being held up by just your wrist sounds tedious to shoot and difficult to maintain accuracy. I suppose we will all have to wait and see if any of us find any utility in a moderator.

Reactions: Nutcracker
I’d love to chat a bit about sights while you wait for delivery. What y’all planning?

Just so you all know — I know NOTHING about laser sights.

And that's why I'm going to ask the question that is hardly ever discussed:
What about laser sights for airgunning — specifically for the GK1 — for 15 yard ratting?

I'm not talking about red dots or other, but about a laser beam projected from a gun-mounted device. Like in the action movies. Or the less exciting laser pointer for presentations.

Matthias

What's everyone thinking for a suppressor for the GK1. I've got a DonnyFL Fatboy I use on my rifles but I think it might be a bit big. Want a balance of functionality and looks.:cool:
Im probably going with my Hatsan moderator. It's slim and not overly long or heavy. I also have a spare Fatboy, but on my Evanix Viper it proved to be useless. It's large diameter means it obstructs the iron sights. I imagine the same will apply to the GK1. And Im not planning on using a red dot on my pistols.

I'm going with the same setup I use on my Ataman AP-16, it's just the first secetion of a Huma-Air MOD30 so it's pretty compact but still does an amazing job of silencing the bark from the AP-16! It also does not obstruct the iron sights on the AP-16, so hopefully, it won't on the GK-1 either.

IMG_9718.jpg

AP16 New.jpg