The use of open sights is almost an essential skill for pistol owners. They are small, allow discreet carry and do not usually snag clothing. So, as an accomplished pistol shooter that has worn glasses for almost 50 years, the key is using reading glasses and concentrating on the front sight. Both the rear sight and target can be blurred, just not the front post. THEN PRACTICE, PRACTICE AND MORE PRACTICE. Once that is accomplished, you will be shooting tight groups, but not necessarily where you think!

Yes, Manny.

Until you need reading glasses.

Then shooting with open sights stops to be quick and fun..... 🙄

You ask how I know...? I do, and I wish I didn't.....

Matthias
But, but I'm almost 60 and already need to use readers :ROFLMAO:

Still have several guns with open sights, pistol definitely easier then rifle.

Reactions: JungleShooter
But, but I'm almost 60 and already need to use readers :ROFLMAO:

Still have several guns with open sights, pistol definitely easier then rifle.
To read with general close-up use, I use 3.5 readers. If it is really close, I use 4. But for shooting I use 1.00 -1.50 readers; I like them better than my regular glasses for shooting. I even use them for driving. You can use readers to shoot with. But Steves is right; forget about your rear sight. I did that even when I could see good. I got used to shooting iron sights like that when I hunted with an old Winchester .22 slide action that had peep sights. I had never seen the rear peep.

GK1 update by Gregor:

Looks like they will be providing the barrel accepting "appendage" adapter and really nice looking case with the GK1, with the option to procure the seemingly good quality CF appendage to screw on as an optional purchase. As you will see in the above video, it seems to significantly soften the db's and imo looks good while doing it. While I wish it were a little shorter, the extension doesn't really appear to be all that bad and also like how the diameter of it is an aesthetically good match with the barrel shroud. A mounted Fatboy imo on may be a bit too much and would likely block using fixed sights.

I'd like to figure out a way to mount a compact green laser under the air tube by the trigger guard.

On 7/6 I received notice that in 10 days they should be arriving to the shops. So that would be around the 17th and then maybe another week or so for them to process all the orders and get them shipped out. So hopefully we'll be getting them before August, eh! Getting closer...

GK1 case.jpg

Thats funny, you must be like me. I do to my guns whatever it takes to suit me. Neat setup on that, glad they did it that way.
Absolutely, very clever and well done,...yep I customize everything from clothing to bikes to guns and I do whatever it take so they suit me ;)

I’m getting tired of checking on this topic to see if some known members have received their guns. Not sure if I want one but it certainly has my attention. Well, did have my attention. I’m tired of waiting and I didn’t even order one.
It's gonna be just days now before the forums will be flooded with Huben pistol threads,...so brace yourself :ROFLMAO:

I’m getting tired of checking on this topic to see if some known members have received their guns. Not sure if I want one but it certainly has my attention. Well, did have my attention. I’m tired of waiting and I didn’t even order one.
If the current estimates are correct, it's actually arriving waaaay sooner than anticipated. Earlier this year they said they expected to start shipping around the end of 2023. So for me the wait has been surprisingly short ^^

Absolutely, very clever and well done,...yep I customize everything from clothing to bikes to guns and I do whatever it take so they suit me ;)
Actually extremely clever. I hope others pickup on using a hex cut on the inside the adapter for application/removal. Can't say how many adapters I've wrecked over the year trying to remove for maintenance.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
It's funny seing all the attempts of copying my loading gate. I don't really mind that but using pictures from my original video or homepage without permission is not cool.

I came up with the idea over a year ago after trying an LCS SK19 and the gate has been in continous development and seen several improvements since. And I'm actually proud of what I offer in terms of quality and design.

Rant aside, judging by the intel I have gathered so far, I believe it will fit the GK1 just fine. I will add more info to my homepage as soon as I receive the pistol.