Then, if you can, post a pic of the mag above the gauge so that I can see it’s position in relation to the action

20230928_174607.jpg

20230928_174632.jpg

20230928_174657.jpg

Lift the lever and see if you can loosen the mag a little by turning it back and forth and then lower the lever and fire a few shots.
Perfect. I held it barrel up as I wiggled back and forth and I got some play in the mag and now it's shooting again.
Guess these barracuda are too small
Thanks a million for the quick help!

Well I started sightingh in and it was amazing until my 2nd reload. I was using my BOG tripod to steady it for sighting in and when I reloaded I tilted the BOG head forward to allow easy access for re;loading, Im thinking one of the H&N Baracudas slid forward perhaps double feeding or something.
Now the mag wont rotate and when I fired it I just had a small puff of air with no projectile.
Anyone out there experience this and have a solution?
I dont want to mess with it until someone familiar with the K1 or GK1 can chime in.
Thanks in advance.
This will always happen when you use undersized pellets/slugs and point the barrel down while loading them. As soon as the first pellet arrives at the barrel, it will partly fall in.
Normally, pointing the gun up and a couple of taps with your hand and it will come back.

Reactions: SenseiSmash
you’re welcome.

Are you seating the pellets firmly , as in clicking them into place?
I did but I think these H&N baracudas 30grn are a little too small I opened the loading gate with it tilted up and they fell out pretty easily.
I will try my next ones which are the H&N 40GRN heavy slugs.
Right after that last post I made it jammed again after 3 shots so I dumped the rounds back out.

I did but I think these H&N baracudas 30grn are a little too small I opened the loading gate with it tilted up and they fell out pretty easily.
I will try my next ones which are the H&N 40GRN heavy slugs.
Right after that last post I made it jammed again after 3 shots so I dumped the rounds back out.
I still find it odd, all those jam stories, because i never had one with shooting a K1 for 4 years with all kind of sizes (including .249 heavily undersized).

The first thing i would do if i would experience a jam is taking the gun apart and check the magazin/barrel alignment.
There are 2 kinds of alignment by the way, not only the alignment of the 2 holes (barrel vs magazin), but also the alignment of the rifling in the mag vs the barrel.
The factory could have made an error with yours.

Last edited:
Since the magazine advance mechanism is operated by air pressure AND the fact these are unregulated means that the advance feature is more robust since it operates at tank pressure.

Also, the pistol being lighter than the rifle, movement of projectiles in the magazine will be more pronounced due to recoil.

I think these two factors together aggravate the situation and cause more jams in the pistol vs the rifle.

Dave

Reactions: allinssd
Since the magazine advance mechanism is operated by air pressure AND the fact these are unregulated means that the advance feature is more robust since it operates at tank pressure.

Also, the pistol being lighter than the rifle, movement of projectiles in the magazine will be more pronounced due to recoil.

I think these two factors together aggravate the situation and cause more jams in the pistol vs the rifle.

Dave

This is the guy I sat next to in college and copied all his tests from.

Dave
Which would also makes it more sensitive to alignment errors i guess.
You might can get away with slight alignment errors with the K1 but not with the GK1.

I still find it odd, all those jam stories, because i never had one with shooting a K1 for 4 years with all kind of sizes (including .249 heavily undersized).

The first thing i would do if i would experience a jam is taking the gun apart and check the magazin/barrel alignment.
There are 2 kinds of alignment by the way, not only the alignment of the 2 holes (barrel vs magazin), but also the alignment of the rifling in the mag vs the barrel.
The factory could have made an error with yours.
After switching to the 40 grain H&N slugs I was only able to run one mag before having to hang it up for the night but I had no errors . Will continue testung ammo tomorrow

I will say if your pellet or slug does not fit tight in the magazine , Do not shoot it,, The best pellet in my Pistol is the JTS 18 gr brand in 22 caliber, I still seat each pellet with a pen before shooting,, The JSB 18 gr fell out of my magazine when I loaded it up, My Huben rifle in 22 really likes the JTS pellets,also.
Mike

I will say if your pellet or slug does not fit tight in the magazine , Do not shoot it,, The best pellet in my Pistol is the JTS 18 gr brand in 22 caliber, I still seat each pellet with a pen before shooting,, The JSB 18 gr fell out of my magazine when I loaded it up, My Huben rifle in 22 really likes the JTS pellets,also.
Mike
Agree , tight fit or you may have a fit.
I have been using the JTS 21 grain, I bought a bunch of them they shoot accurate & fit tight. I also seat them. No issues with them so far. Plus, they are doing a great job on squirrels & groundhogs.

Reactions: SenseiSmash
If anyone is interested in a newer video on how to degas the Huben Pistol, Kelly at Kraz Cool Airguns, mentioned this New England Airguns YouTube link. The degassing starts at the 20:48 mark.

I broke my Mag Lever Release, and as mentioned already in this thread, the pistol needs to be degassed before installing a new one. Shame on me for letting it 'snap' down :(. Hold and pull up/down slowly is the recommend way. Smart of me to order "two" new Mag Lever Releases :).

Last edited:
Reactions: mil and IMADMAN
If anyone is interested in a newer video on how to degas the Huben Pistol, Kelly at Kraz Cool Airguns, mentioned this New England Airguns YouTube link. The degassing starts at the 20:48 mark.

I broke my Mag Lever Release, and as mentioned already in this thread, the pistol needs to be degassed before installing a new one. Shame on me for letting it 'snap' down :(. Hold and pull up/down slowly is the recommend way. Smart of me to order "two" new Mag Lever Releases :).
Oh, so you are now a member of the "Broken Lever" club. Welcome , I am a member as well, :)

Reactions: bernieorosz
Actually, I joined the 'club' a few years ago when I broke it on my K1. I am a very slow learner..lol.
Thats funny, you are a double member. I am quite confident I will be someday too. (Have Spares) Actually, the little, tiny lever is hard for my fat fingers to keep hold of and it slipped from them, snapped and broke like glass. When I fill the GK1 to 5000 psi that lever is pretty hard to open and close, until it goes over the cam while closing then it will snap. The lower the fill pressure the easier or more manageable the lever is for me. But since I am aware of this it is not a real issue. Plus, when I am hunting, I am not shooting a lot of shots, so I may fill it at 4000 psi.

Reactions: bernieorosz