Guys I have a question... my gun came with a thread thingy at the end of the barrel, protected by a cap. The shop from spain (Wolfiek) claims that if I get a moderator for the GK1 (1/2 UNF) I also need to get a GK1 adapter. But do I really? What is that threading adapter I got with the GK1 if not 1/2 UNF already?
That threaded piece + cap IS indeed the 1/2 adapter. They also include the original shroud cap in the package in case you want to use the GK1 without moderator, and not have that protruding tip. So it's a matter of aesthetics in that case. If you do wanna tame the bark, you'll need to leave it as is.

Reactions: kabalax
Is yours .22? I got some of the 25 grain edgun pellets and it also likes AA 18 grains too.
I didn’t get a chance to Chrony mine last night. I turned mine (.22 cal) out like 1.75 turns and sighted it in with red dot. I’m really happy with the results. At 20 yards shooting off cross sticks it turned into a ragged hole. I was expecting it to be heavier but I was surprised at how well it holds and balances. I also got a new mould from M&P yesterday too. Didn’t get any time to cast but this thing EATS AMMO. Lol!
.25 I have make no changes to anything on the gun. It is straight out of the box. I have no intention of changing anything. It is perfect.

You really like that candy cane pattern on the first version? 🙂
Version 2/3 looks more classy to me, a bit like a camo pattern.
candy cane ?...it's just the classic Carbon fiber wrap look, I was going to make the shroud/upper the same

If I get the new version it gets either painted immediately or wrapped with Carbon fiber decal.

I just recharged the GK1 to 290 bar. I then loaded it with JSB 25.4 gr pellets. My Crono registered 345 m/sec or 1132 ft/sec for 72.4 ft/pounds or 98 joules. I only have one chronograph, but it has always been spot on in the past............. unbelievable!!
How crazy is it that Huben actually made the production model MORE powerful than Gregor's prototype. I fully expected the opposite.

My case arrived broken :(

h4.jpg

Well if that is the case the gun will be under the spray gun immediately :D .....gonna reshape and spray the grip right away in any case so it might be a complete face lift off the bat.
Can't the wrap not simply be removed? If you spraypaint the wrap, the pattern will still be visible. So you will have to fill that first (fill primer/sanding) before spraying it black.
Removing the wrap with a heat gun or something is your best option i guess, and then paint it. Or maybe the titanium under the wrap is already black anodised.

I would love to see an all black GK1.