I don't think I'm saying what you suggest I'm saying.

"Knockoff" means fake or airsoft version. "Original" means original - not pretending to be a different company's product, openly or covertly.
This original Trijicon SRO works. This airsoft/knockoff version from aliexpress doesn't work. The difference is 700 USD - this is the "SRO".
The "RMR" is another Trijicon product which is widely copied - the airsoft copies of which can work ok-ish, in my experience (links: original and airsoft/fake). But even though an RMR copy/knockoff/airsoft version has worked ok-ish for me, some of the time, I still prefer a cheap "original" Vector Frenzy red dot to it, because it is better and works better (there may be other places to get it).

An aliexpress knock-off RMR is what FLgunner says he has put on his pistol, but this approach only works ok-ish/some of the time in the specific case of knock-off RMRs and doesn't work in general with all knock-off red dots from aliexpress.
One more point to your statement. The low cost of things sold on AliExpress does come with the risk that not all work well all the time. Quality is not necessarily consistent from one to the next identical item. Failures do occasionally occur. Forget about getting a replacement, just order another one. These are usually cheap enough and then you have spare parts. I have been generally lucky, but occasionally, I have had issues like the intermittent switch on the side mounted laser. However the design and function of these are as good as others costing much, much more.

I would like to say that I really like the factory loading gate. I do not find it either difficult nor slow. I can only load one pellet at a time no matter how many holes are exposed to load. I can only hold one pellet at a time between my thumb and first finger. The issue for me was to develop the rhythm loading and then advancing the mag. Once I got that down, I think I am now as fast as anyone with the aftermarket gates........jus saying!!
I can also say that I have had a lot of practice. This thing eats ammo.

I would like to say that I really like the factory loading gate. I do not find it either difficult nor slow. I can only load one pellet at a time no matter how many holes are exposed to load. I can only hold one pellet at a time between my thumb and first finger. The issue for me was to develop the rhythm loading and then advancing the mag. Once I got that down, I think I am now as fast as anyone with the aftermarket gates........jus saying!!
I can also say that I have had a lot of practice. This thing eats ammo.
I like to hear this,....any chance you can post a picture of the stock loading gate ? even a video would be sweet.

One more point to your statement. The low cost of things sold on AliExpress does come with the risk that not all work well all the time. Quality is not necessarily consistent from one to the next identical item. Failures do occasionally occur. Forget about getting a replacement, just order another one. These are usually cheap enough and then you have spare parts. I have been generally lucky, but occasionally, I have had issues like the intermittent switch on the side mounted laser. However the design and function of these are as good as others costing much, much more.
By "not working" I don't mean that you occasionaly don't see a red dot, in the case of the super cheap red dots.
I mean that some knock-off designs have lots of parallax and that they don't hold zero, even without being subjected to any recoil.
Those that don't hold zero and have lots of parallax are definitely not as good as even the slighly more expensive red dots. Holding zero is an absolute must in any sight.

Reactions: Shoothabreez
I like to hear this,....any chance you can post a picture of the stock loading gate ? even a video would be sweet.
I don't do videos, but you will get your chance to practice when you get yours. As fast as you will consume pellets, you will get pretty fast at loading it.. It basically is 3 motions. 1) With pellet between your thumb and fore finger present the pellet at a 45 degree angle to the mag chamber so that the edge of the pellet crown is just below the lip of the hole, then press down and in. The pellet will depress the plastic lip on the gate and travel about half way home. 2) With the finger nail of your thumb, depress the pellet skirt home. You will hear a reassuring click as the pellet skirt clears the gate lip. 3) Reach up with your thumb and advance the mag one click. With practice this becomes one smooth motion. The largest time consuming issue is orienting the next pellet in your thumb and fore finger from the pellet tin.

Reactions: Coolhand
By "not working" I don't mean that you occasionaly don't see a red dot, in the case of the super cheap red dots.
I mean that some knock-off designs have lots of parallax and that they don't hold zero, even without being subjected to any recoil.
Those that don't hold zero and have lots of parallax are definitely not as good as even the slighly more expensive red dots. Holding zero is an absolute must in any sight.
Another area in which the knock-offs typically suffer is dot size.
I don't do videos, but you will get your chance to practice when you get yours. As fast as you will consume pellets, you will get pretty fast at loading it.. It basically is 3 motions. 1) With pellet between your thumb and fore finger present the pellet at a 45 degree angle to the mag chamber so that the edge of the pellet crown is just below the lip of the hole, then press down and in. The pellet will depress the plastic lip on the gate and travel about half way home. 2) With the finger nail of your thumb, depress the pellet skirt home. You will hear a reassuring click as the pellet skirt clears the gate lip. 3) Reach up with your thumb and advance the mag one click. With practice this becomes one smooth motion. The largest time consuming issue is orienting the next pellet in your thumb and fore finger from the pellet tin.
And between (2) and (3), you can push the skirt of the pellet with a golf tee until you hear/feel another click as it seats in the magazine rifling.

One more thing I like to mention,...I kind of like the non-removable magazine, maybe because I love revolvers

But yeah like having a 17 rounds revolver ;)
EXACTLY! People complain about the magazine not being removable, but it's not removable on a resolver and you usually only get 5-8 rounds on a normal revolver! This beast gives you 17 full power shots between reloads!

Yeah the .25 I tested had the aftermarket gate,...never seen the factory in action so I was curious.

and yes the looks of the aftermarket gate isn't all that pleasing to the eye.

If it's 3d printed I understand why, I have yet to see 3d parts that didn't look, for the lack of better words, meh.

-Matt

This one (from ebay) looks good, not sure if it’s actual ‘3D printing’, maybe it’s molded or something..

IMG_3387.jpeg

Reactions: Str8tshooter
My 22 holds 19 pellets, I have a after market gate, I load three pellets at a time push the three in with a pen, Then rotate the mag, I count 1,2,3 load them up three at a time, I am shooting 18.1 gr JTS pellets at 830 FPS , Not sure how many shots I get on a 4500 PSI fill as I load as I go, A good two mags I think. Pulling down on a fast Rabbit (large) size game with a reflex red dot sight takes skill and a lot of practice , I find myself looking for the red dot a lot and lose sight of the rabbit,
IMG_1987.JPG
IMG_1987.JPG

My 22 holds 19 pellets, I have a after market gate, I load three pellets at a time push the three in with a pen, Then rotate the mag, I count 1,2,3 load them up three at a time, I am shooting 18.1 gr JTS pellets at 830 FPS , Not sure how many shots I get on a 4500 PSI fill as I load as I go, A good two mags I think. Pulling down on a fast Rabbit (large) size game with a reflex red dot sight takes skill and a lot of practice , I find myself looking for the red dot a lot and lose sight of the rabbit, View attachment 404536View attachment 404536
I admit that can happen, especially in bright sunlight, but it is much worse with a scope, because the field of view is drastically restricted. Even open sights are restricted because of hold over requirements blocking the view of the target. The solution is target acquisition process practice. I have found with a reflex sight the best solution for me is a 2 step process. First, align the gun and sight by pointing the gun at a dark region usually found below the target,. Then once the dot is centered in the lens, raise the gun so the target is viewed within the screen. This process must be practiced until it is one smooth motion. It works for me and it is fast.

One thing I would like you folks to consider. This gun can shoot at amazing velocities for an a PCP pistol for sure, but there is a cost of lost efficiency. Airgunmike's post # 1496 above is an example. He uses 300 bar with an 18gr pellet to 1830 ft/sec. This will waste a lot of air and stress the pistol. I suspect after one mag his available pressure would be down to about 200 bar. Whereas if he reduced the velocity down to say 700 ft/sec, he might see 2 full mags before reducing available pressure to 200 bar and in doing so, also reducing stress to the gun. I mean this a choice. My GK1 is in .25. I too can can ramp up the speed to 800+. It is now still set to 700 with a JSB 25.4 pellet, but I think even that is still a bit too high, as one mag of 17 shots reduces my available pressure from 300 to 200 bar. I think these higher velocities may be the cause of those broken buffer springs.

Just to put this into perspective, I have also a PP700SA in .22 I get 40 shots with a JSB 15gr pellet at 560 ft/sec with available pressure of 220 bar before the tank gauge is reduced to yellow, which is 100 bar. It is regulated at 100 bar, so all 40 shots are at 560 ft/sec +- a little bit.

Last edited:
One thing I would like you folks to consider. This gun can shoot at amazing velocities for an a PCP pistol for sure, but there is a cost of lost efficiency. Airgunmike's post # 1496 above is an example. He uses 300 bar with an 18gr pellet to 1830 ft/sec. This will waste a lot of air and stress the pistol. I suspect after one mag his available pressure would be down to about 200 bar. Whereas if he reduced the velocity down to say 700 ft/sec, he might see 2 full mags before reducing available pressure to 200 bar and in doing so, also reducing stress to the gun. I mean this a choice. My GK1 is in .25. I too can can ramp up the speed to 800+. It is now still set to 700 with a JSB 25.4 pellet, but I think even that is still a bit too high, as one mag of 17 shots reduces my available pressure from 300 to 200 bar. I think these higher velocities may be the cause of those broken buffer springs.

Just to put this into perspective, I have also a PP700SA in .22 I get 40 shots with a JSB 15gr pellet at 560 ft/sec with available pressure of 220 bar before the tank gauge is reduced to yellow, which is 100 bar. It is regulated at 100 bar, so all 40 shots are at 560 ft/sec +- a little bit.

Solid points, I would never personally tune a pcp for a declining string, inefficient shot count nor a tune that is stressful on components, especially a 1250$ gun I would want to keep around long term. All the you tubers showing off the pistols high power (70-80 fpe .25) on these, shooting over a chronograph appear to be dropping 50+ fps per shot, not a great selling point to me. The guns advertised as a 40~ fpe gun in .25 and 30~ fpe in .22 for a good reason, which is still gobs of power in that form factor.

Add to that, no matter how you tune the gun, it's not going to reach out to 75+ yards as well as longer barreled pcp's, so shooting slugs is kind of moot except for very close range high power, and is otherwise just a bragging point for the high power potential the gun has when tuned to its max.

I said this in the other thread about hand pumping the huben. If I could easily swap from 8" to 19" barrel and pistol to carbine at the same or similar cost, I would 100% buy one, but as is it would cost quite a bit extra. I think that would make an ultimate pcp kit, heck even a 15" barrel with a folding stock to keep things under 22" OAL when folded would be quite impressive in carbine form factor, while being 12" in pistol form factor, backpackable as either. Maybe with enough time the aftermarket will grow and make this a reality.

As is the pistol would be a very niche tool for me (close range, higher challenge), while nothing short of impressive I would consider this my 'fun gun' more than a serious hunting or target pistol, and I am sure the gun is A LOT of fun.

-Matt

Solid points, I would never personally tune a pcp for a declining string, inefficient shot count nor a tune that is stressful on components, especially a 1250$ gun I would want to keep around long term. All the you tubers showing off the pistols high power (70-80 fpe .25) on these, shooting over a chronograph appear to be dropping 50+ fps per shot, not a great selling point to me. The guns advertised as a 40~ fpe gun in .25 and 30~ fpe in .22 for a good reason, which is still gobs of power in that form factor.

Add to that, no matter how you tune the gun, it's not going to reach out to 75+ yards as well as longer barreled pcp's, so shooting slugs is kind of moot except for very close range high power, and is otherwise just a bragging point for the high power potential the gun has when tuned to its max.

I said this in the other thread about hand pumping the huben. If I could easily swap from 8" to 19" barrel and pistol to carbine at the same or similar cost, I would 100% buy one, but as is it would cost quite a bit extra. I think that would make an ultimate pcp kit, heck even a 15" barrel with a folding stock to keep things under 22" OAL when folded would be quite impressive in carbine form factor, while being 12" in pistol form factor, backpackable as either. Maybe with enough time the aftermarket will grow and make this a reality.

As is the pistol would be a very niche tool for me (close range, higher challenge), while nothing short of impressive I would consider this my 'fun gun' more than a serious hunting or target pistol, and I am sure the gun is A LOT of fun.

-Matt
Your point is well made, but just 2 hours ago with my .25 tuned to 700 ft/sec with the JSB 25.4gr, I was holding a 1 inch group at 25 yards as my zero and with a 3 MOA hold over was consistently hitting a 4" steel plate at 100 meters. I use the same hold over with my FX Crown using the JSB 33.4 gr pellet. Amazing performance for a pistol. In other words , my POA is the same as with my FX Crown at 100 meters. Even though the Crown uses the heavier pellet at 880 FT/Sec. The 3 MOA is based on the reticle of the FFP scope on the Crown. I use a AliExpress reflex sight on the GK1.

Last edited:
This one (from ebay) looks good, not sure if it’s actual ‘3D printing’, maybe it’s molded or something..

View attachment 404535
I have one of those; it just broke at the hinge. I am not using one now and have no issues at all. My pellets are snug. But I did order another from MOistone.

Reactions: PCPFanNL
Your point is well made, but just 2 hours ago with my .25 tuned to 700 ft/sec with the JSB 25.4gr, I was holding a 1 inch group at 25 yards as my zero and with a 3 MOA hold over was consistently hitting a 4" steel plate at 100 meters. I use the same hold over with my FX Crown using the JSB 33.4 gr pellet. Amazing performance for a pistol. In other words , my POA is the same as with my FX Crown at 100 meters. Even though the Crown uses the heavier pellet at 880 FT/Sec. The 3 MOA is based on the reticle of the FFP scope on the Crown. I use a AliExpress reflex sight on the GK1.

Good to hear!

If I am going on a hunt which I know I'll be reaching out to 100 yards, and had those two guns you mention to choose from, I certainly would favor the crown, every time, hands down. 700 fps even in mild winds out to 100 yards is not ethical in my humble opinion, again fun and challenging to do, just not on live targets if I had the choice, I'd stick with 900~ fps from the crown.

-Matt

Reactions: PCPFanNL