Questions :

How do you take the shroud off ?

And, has anyone fired felt cleaning pellets out the Huben ?

Thanks
Fired cleaning pellets out of rifle. Loud as hell. Couldn't tell if it was because they went supersonic or air dumped. Was too busy making aure the neighbors didn't call the cops.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
Fired cleaning pellets out of rifle. Loud as hell. Couldn't tell if it was because they went supersonic or air dumped. Was too busy making aure the neighbors didn't call the cops.
Did you take off the shroud before you fired them out? Did you put a projectile behind the cleaning pellet or just the cleaner in the mag?

Did you take off the shroud before you fired them out? Did you put a projectile behind the cleaning pellet or just the cleaner in the mag?
2 or 3 cleaning pellets in the mag. Fired at least 2 shots. Shroud in place. Figured they were pretty solid and would shoot through. No damage just a scare.

I was also concerned when I received my GK1 about how to clean the barrel. After I followed the disassembly instructions on YouTube, which only takes about 5 minutes, I am no longer concerned. It is easy to disassemble enough to clean the barrel conventionally and it allows you to inspect the striker and spring assembly. Mine was very dirty. However I cannot say it came that dirty , because I had already fired about 1,000 pellets through it.

Reactions: Chard and M0ist0ne
I'm loving my GK1! My granddaughter is becoming a natural at shooting it as well. She was shooting lights-out at 25 yards this morning.
B Target.jpg

Questions :

How do you take the shroud off ?

And, has anyone fired felt cleaning pellets out the Huben ?

Thanks
See the attached image. I use a #7 hex wrench in the end of the barrel and basically just unscrew the shroud retaining nut (as I call it, not sure the correct name for it) and once lose it all comes apart.

In regards to cleaning pellets. I just load them in the mag like you would any slug or pellet. I don't even bother pushing them further in just pop em in enough for the mag to cycle to put it into battery. I also turn the velocity all the way down. My thinking is the slower the cleaning pellet moves through the barrel the better it cleans (see image). Of course that is only an anecdotal hypothesis. Even at low power, it can still shoot about the width of the pellet cleaner wad into a folded bubble wrapped mailer, so please do know you got to be careful where you shoot your wad...;):oops:

20231206_195451.jpg

20231206_195402.jpg

20231206_201436.jpg

20231206_195300.jpg

This is the one I received from New England, pretty sure it was not made by Huben, it doesn’t have the hex drive socket. This has a couple holes for a pin to be used to tighten. It included the thread protector.

DaveView attachment 413496

View attachment 413495
DonnyFL

Reactions: Airtillery
After searching for a thread protector a bit more, I discovered ARES Airgun Tactical has both the end cap and adapter made for the GK1. Not only did I order that, I also ordered their new speed loader and magazine release arm. Great to support a small company working hard to get us all these new goodies :)

After searching for a thread protector a bit more, I discovered ARES Airgun Tactical has both the end cap and adapter made for the GK1. Not only did I order that, I also ordered their new speed loader and magazine release arm. Great to support a small company working hard to get us all these new goodies :)
The OEM adapter/ thread protector should have been included in the recent GK1 orders, and the first run Beta guys should be receiving OEM adapters. That's what I would expect anyways?

I had not heard of Ares until after I placed my order with Kraz. One important deciding factor for ME going with Kraz, is Kraz service's what he sells. I do not know much about the other Huben sellers, but I viewed the Ares site and maybe I missed it, but did not see any mention of service? But agree, it always nice to have more options.

Glad you have things sorted.

Reactions: M0ist0ne