I believe folks have been tapping it for an M3 bolt. No pin used after as the bolt takes up all the space.

I designed/printed a rmr plate as I didn't want to tap the locating pin slot (even though I could). Wanted the challenge of seeing if I could design something that would work. Seems to work so far, was my Saturday side project because of a rainy day--need to make some slight tweaks and abuse it a bit to see how it holds up.

View attachment 391365
Great minds think alike, look’s exactly like what I was thinking. 🙂

I believe NSA will make slugs to desired specs, I haven’t tried yet, but I believe if asked they would make .253 slugs of a desired weight and length. I’ve used their .254 38.5 gr slugs, and those actually feel too tight, and I did experience one jam which required disassembly to clear. I’ve also gotten one jam with JSB pellets (I don’t recall which weight/variety), however that one was a really light jam which I was easily able to clear by tapping the pellet back into the magazine with a cleaning rod.

Reactions: SenseiSmash
They are not hp unfortunately.

Shootinggearreviews on Youtube uses the H&N .250 44gr and says they shoot well.
I have 15 or 20 tins of the H&N waiting for the loctight to cure on the RMR plate on my GK1. Ill be running most of my tests with the 44grn but I love the idea of a 51

I’ve used their .254 38.5 gr slugs, and those actually feel too tight, and I did experience one jam which required disassembly to clear. I’ve also gotten one jam with JSB pellets (I don’t recall which weight/variety), however that one was a really light jam which I was easily able to clear by tapping the pellet back into the magazine with a cleaning rod.

I would check the magazine/barrel alignment.

Reactions: TeslaToTheMoon
Looks very cool. Have you physically tried it yet? I can't tell where it screws to the gk1
It's a blast to shoot...very light weight and the trigger is lighter than my K1...very accurate out to 25 yards (haven't tried it at longer distances yet)...there are two mounting brackets that attach to the dovetail on the GK1 and then two screws attach the frame to the brackets....comes off easy and quick if I want to shoot it as a pistol again... IMG_2356.jpegIMG_2355.jpeg

Last edited:
AVS also makes hollow point slugs that are the correct size (.253) and they are available in a range of weights up to 48grain. I use their .223 slugs in my GK1 and they are the most accurate slug that I’ve tried.
Unfortunately for me not for sale in Europe. I asked the lad once when for sale overseas but he's not interested in that.

Well I started sightingh in and it was amazing until my 2nd reload. I was using my BOG tripod to steady it for sighting in and when I reloaded I tilted the BOG head forward to allow easy access for re;loading, Im thinking one of the H&N Baracudas slid forward perhaps double feeding or something.
Now the mag wont rotate and when I fired it I just had a small puff of air with no projectile.
Anyone out there experience this and have a solution?
I dont want to mess with it until someone familiar with the K1 or GK1 can chime in.
Thanks in advance.

Well I started sightingh in and it was amazing until my 2nd reload. I was using my BOG tripod to steady it for sighting in and when I reloaded I tilted the BOG head forward to allow easy access for re;loading, Im thinking one of the H&N Baracudas slid forward perhaps double feeding or something.
Now the mag wont rotate and when I fired it I just had a small puff of air with no projectile.
Anyone out there experience this and have a solution?
I dont want to mess with it until someone familiar with the K1 or GK1 can chime in.
Thanks in advance.
If you lift the mag release lever, can you move the mag at all?

It’s likely that the jam is in the barrel or action but first check all around the mag, including the section near the trigger.
I think you were saying to check all around the mag for a protruding round

I dont see anything that stands out and with small tool I checked each one I can see and they all appear seated properly