HUMA REGULATORS VS. FX REGULATORS FOR WILDCAT & STREAMLINE

I understand now. The answer is yes you may replace the brass plug in the Wildcat breech block with an air gauge, which will read the regulated pressure of the rifle.

I do not have one installed permanently in my Wildcat because I did not want to butcher my stock to accomplish it, nor is it necessary if you have a Huma regulator installed because they are so reliable you can just set it and forget it once you get it to the pressure setting you desire.

😺

Chuck

nice! And thank you for your answer👍🏻

I haven’t ordered a Huma reg yet, I’ll wait till or if anything happens to the FX reg. But it is tempting if I can get more shots out of it, but I am a little nervous to mess something up. I read about probe depth I’ll have to read about that again,because I didn’t fully understand it.

do you have the wood or laminated stock on your Wildcat? I can’t tell from your avatar. Yes it will hurt to cut in the stock and I’m not sure I will do that either.

my stock was the original synthetic but the soft touch coating begin wearing off where my cheek rubbed against it. So I sanded the whole thing down and primed it and painted it with some automotive paint from Sherwin-Williams called Genesis. Genesis is like Imron... on steroids. It is a scratch proof chip prove bulletproof finish... I added a flattening agent to accomplish a satin finish Sheen. I chose this color gray in memory of the old Navy M14 parade gun

Chuck

nice, I thought the synthetic stock was more hard wearing? That’s why I chose the synthetic over the laminate version. But it sounds like that you got a gun now that is very resistant to scratches and wear now and the grey color is nice!

Bob O

thanks for info

my Wildcat is only a .177 cal,and I don’t know what reg pressure it has yet,but my guess would be 110 bar like the impact in .177cal. But tuning them I guess is done same way regardless of caliber. That is some really nice numbers on your Wildcat! It must be a very accurate gun 

I’ll go through tread again and look for tuning tips and pictures and see if I can find a step by step guide 😊

Yes Sonny from time to time people contact me who either don't have the time or don't have the inclination to work on their own Wildcat or Streamline and I install a Huma regulator and a Wika air gauge, then I tune it to their personal specification.

Some guys want maximum power and conversely some guys want low power with maximum shot count per fill.... It just depends. When I am finished the rifle is tuned to perfection.

I take a small fee for doing so, but mostly I do this just for the love of it. No one could afford to pay me for all the hours I put in to tuning a gun for someone. Sometimes I spend several days getting it to where I am happy with it.

as a matter of fact as soon as huub completes his testing and the new regulators for the impact X rifles are available I would very much like to get my hands on an impact X to learn on so I can do tunes for people on their new impacts. I'm not interested in the old impacts because it's not possible to turn the regulators as high as I'll be doing. For example, I want to tune the impact x 30 caliber rifle to 960 feet per second with the 50 grain pellets. That would put the rifle right at 102 foot pounds energy... That puts it on par with the Wolverine 30 caliber rifle. And 102 foot pounds is one hell of a SmackDown on any small game up to coyotes in my opinion.