Daystate ֍ Huntsman Revere —vs.— ֍ Wolverine R

֍ Huntsman Revere —vs.— ֍ Wolverine R

Just recently I stumbled onto another thread that continued to give me the impression that the
Daystate Huntsman Revere
was somehow magic.

❓ So, how does the Huntsman COMPARE to the Wolverine R?

❓ And why does the Huntsman elicit so much reverence and adoration — but the Wolverine does not?

Please, enlighten me! 😊

Matthias

Just recently I stumbled onto another thread that continued to give me the impression that the
Daystate Huntsman Revere
was somehow magic.

❓ And why does the Huntsman elicit so much reverence and adoration — but the Wolverine does not?

Please, enlighten me! 😊

Matthias
I think some people don't like bottle guns. The rifles both have the same action I believe.

Revere follows "HUNTSMAN" design architecture. ( tho side lever )
Wolverine follows "Redwolf" design architecture tho a conventional hammer system ( Non electro )

There is more to this, but the basic era of the basic design, size & weight, trigger etc ... does make them handle and shoot differently

There's also the Wolverine Type C (Cylinder). I like the sleek look of it compared to the bottle version. I'm curious how many shots it gets in the FAC version. It's hard to deny though that the Huntsman Regal/Revere is an all around gun.

1000057733.jpg

Daystate Huntsman Revere
was somehow magic.

Please, enlighten me! 😊

Matthias
I have 2 Wolverine in 22 cal and 25 cal. The Wolverines have longer barrels than the Huntsman which is made to be a carry gun in the bush so the shorter barrel.

Reactions: Joedirt199
I had a .22 Regal for several months. I'm one of the few that sold. Quality is top notch. But I find my self shooting less and less and couldn't justify having two nice PCP's. My other PCP is a Taipan Vet .25 Compact. It was a coin flip. Taipan won.
I was the fortunate recipient of the Revere. Handles perfectly. Will use it hunting this fall. :)

There's also the Wolverine Type C (Cylinder). I like the sleek look of it compared to the bottle version. I'm curious how many shots it gets in the FAC version. It's hard to deny though that the Huntsman Regal/Revere is an all around gun.

View attachment 478651
They could at least carbon fiber wrap the bottle. So it would look as classy as the stock.

I think the difference is ergonomics and personal preference. I've had a Revere for a couple of years. It's been totally reliable, very accurate, and handles perfectly (for me). It reminds me of my RF sporter rifles. I had a Wolverine for one day. I knew immediately that the stock would not work for me, so I returned it. IMO, in terms of fit, they are almost mutually exclusive. I'm sure I could have worked on the Wolverine stock and scope mounting position and come up with a workable combination. But the Revere fits me so well I didn't see the point. Almost anything can be made to work from the bench, but if shooting from position, the rifle really needs to fit without unnatural effort.

Reactions: Star7 and BABz58
I have 2 Wolverine in 22 cal and 25 cal. The Wolverines have longer barrels than the Huntsman which is made to be a carry gun in the bush so the shorter barrel.

Yes, and no.... 😉
The HP High Power version has a 600mm barrel, but all the other Wolverine R's, irrespective of their power and caliber, have 430mm barrels. — The same as the Revere....

Not trying to bicker.... 😃 I'm just trying to understand the reverence for the Revere, and the differences it has with the Wolverine. 👍🏼

Matthias

Reactions: BABz58
I have a Huntsman Regal and a Wolverine Hilite.
The Regal is light and easy to maneuver. Works great off the deck or in the woods.
The Wolverine is long and heavy. Much better for the bench or a blind. Silly quiet for a 100 fpe rifle.

■ WEIGHT:
When comparing the regular powered versions (not the HP HighPower Hilite), the difference between a bottled Wolverine and a Revere is 21oz (600g).
➠ Yes, I have to agree, that's 20%, that's quite a bit. (But it triples the shot count...!)

■ LENGTH:
Again comparing the regular powered versions, the difference between a Wolverine and a Revere is 1.5" (3.7cm).
➠ To me, not much.

Thanks for all your comments. 👍🏼

Matthias