• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
If you have been lurking on this forum long enough it could be you. Depending on where you need to send it shipping a full rifle may be about the price of some stones and moly paste. If the rifle shoots well but seems rough it could be a fun project for the two of you. Tuning an HW30 is more about a nicer shot cycle unless the seals are shot. If it smokes a little you may just want to try tightening up the breech seal.

Last edited:
Howdy,

Haven’t been on here in a couple years.. some lurking there and there. Anyways, I want to get my father’s hw30 tuned up. Who’s the best tuner for springers these days?

Thank you,
Matt
Contact mycapt65, Ron's been into more HW30's than I can count.

If you have been lurking on this forum long enough it could be you. Depending on where you need to send it shipping a full rifle may be about the price of some stones and moly paste. If the rifle shoots well but seems rough it could be a fun project for the two of you. Tuning an HW30 is more about a nicer shot cycle unless the seals are shot. If it smokes a little you may just want to try tightening up the breech seal.
This^^^^ Looks like you live in Massachusetts, so John in PA is close to you and does outstanding work if you want someone to do it for you. Here's his contact info, give him a call and see what he says:
John Thomas aka John in PA, phone number (717) 873-5128

While I've never had him work on a rifle for me, Rick Willnecker at Precision Pellet is also very highly spoken of on the forums. Vortek dealer and installer and also lives near you in PA. His contact info:
Rick Willnecker at Precison Pellet, phone number (717) 382-1481

Like IanC said above, the tuner could also be you. The HW30 isn't a hard rifle to get apart and work on. A spring kit and piston seal from Vortek and spend an afternoon with your dad. Also plenty of members here that will happily answer any questions you might have along the way.