HW/Weihrauch Hw30s tuning with it?

??? ... Just shoot the factory spring and seal. Then grab a spring and seal from arh or whatever you decide .

Honestly break in the gun / get accustomed to it then tune .. it's all personal preference .. plenty of guys chunk a spring seal/ or kit right off , bit no matter I do think it's best to snatch it apart and clean up the factory mess .

Do a proper lubing and deburr I he tube and what not. Even if you put the factory spring and seal back in to get it's moneies worth out of that ..lol ( my way 😉)

Overall . The aftermarket or tune stuff is better then that factory anyway .. smooth and consistent if the tunes done kinda right .

Good luck

Reactions: Ohplnkr
Long time plinker.
I want to buy this little fun plunger for the back yard. Is it worth it to tune with a kit? And if so which kit is best?
Anyone with experience with this gun ?
I would shoot it for a while maybe 3 or 4 tins any way , you might like it straight out of the box ? break it in before you decide on any kit . Kits are different and you might decide on the wrong kit that will not fix what you want fixed .

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I am a fan of the Tinbum spring guides for the factory springs. When I had my R7, I just put some maccari tar on the spring through the cocking slot to quiet the buzz a bit. I have since put the basic tinbum kits in a TX200 and a couple HW50s and consider them well worth the $20 or $30 they cost to get from the UK.

I have put in a couple Vortek kits, but wouldn't go that route unless the factory spring was broken and it was time for a complete overhaul.

Can buy a tuned R7 from Flying Dragons the same price as Pyramid Air. . Not sure what is included with the tune but my R7 cocks and shoots smooth. I just wanted to get a gun that somebody took apart to make sure I did not get a lemon.

If you have never shot a tuned gun, you may be perfectly happy with it the way it is. In that case, probably skip the tuning until it needs a new spring. I don’t have an R7, but I do have it’s slightly bigger brother -the R8.

This had a slightly buzzy shot cycle, so I put in a spring kit and shoots very nicely.
If I had never shot a tuned gun before, it never would have bothered me.

I am a fan of the Tinbum spring guides for the factory springs. When I had my R7, I just put some maccari tar on the spring through the cocking slot to quiet the buzz a bit. I have since put the basic tinbum kits in a TX200 and a couple HW50s and consider them well worth the $20 or $30 they cost to get from the UK.

I have put in a couple Vortek kits, but wouldn't go that route unless the factory spring was broken and it was time for a complete overhaul.
I just received some items from Tinbum in the UK for a TX200. Good quality tune kits and products.

If you have never shot a tuned gun, you may be perfectly happy with it the way it is. In that case, probably skip the tuning until it needs a new spring. I don’t have an R7, but I do have it’s slightly bigger brother -the R8.

This had a slightly buzzy shot cycle, so I put in a spring kit and shoots very nicely.
If I had never shot a tuned gun before, it never would have bothered me.
I have a hw97k tuned with a spring kit by john from pa over 15 years now. Started a family and plinking was not a priority anymore. Now my kid is 9 and I bought her a 760 pump master. I taught her about safety and the rifles anatomy. Her first shot was last week. A soda can was shaken up and placed 10 feet from her, we both had our safety glasses on and she centered the front sight between the rear sight on target. I told her to press the trigger and WhaMm! First shot was a bullseye! We were both a little wet from the soda from 10’ away. She looked me me and asked, “did I do that?” One of the best memories this summer that I will never forget! Now I’m researching a hw30s youth rifle but let’s be real, it’s also for me😎. My scoped hw98k is over 10 lbs. So happy my kid is into plinking like her old man. Looks like we are going to enjoy this out of the box until we’re ready to tune it. When she does graduate from iron sights, I have a hawke scope in my basement somewhere. Just don’t want to make this rifle any heavier atm.

I have both a newer HW30 with a Vortek PG4 kit/seal and an older R7 with ARH spring/guides and the Vortek Vacu-Seal. You won't go wrong either way with these. I think the PG4 kit is perhaps best suited to the lower powered rifles with its reduced spring diameter. My HW30 will outshoot the R7 in my modest hands. All that said, I have a PG4 kit in my 97K and its easily my most consistent shooter. Exceptional in every way. I can't address spring longevity as it's still shooting fantastic. I shoot many, so none of them get worked too hard. As suggested, maybe shoot it in and then evaluate your needs. Happy shooting!

Reactions: Bomber714