HW/Weihrauch HW44 longer barrel...is it possible?

The HW110 barrels are threaded into the breech. A great source is airgunspares in the UK (very reasonable shipping to the US and you don’t pay UK VAT):

I purchased the 410mm barrel from them. This link is directly to a carbine barrel (they have both .177 and .22). This true carbine barrel (the US export carbine is actually the 410mm standard rifle) barrel is shorter than 410mm and may be perfect for your application without modification.

I believe the HW44 pistol and HW110 rifle use the same breech, so the barrels should interchange - I’ll verify.

-Ed

I would like to hear from anyone who has put the 110 barrel on a 44
the 110 carbine barrel is heavier/thicker OD also ,,15.9 mm vs 10.2 mm od
, the 44 has enough power to use a longer barrel
I plan on attempting to remove my 44 barrel this winter and try the HW110 barrel with 310 mm long, that I have in my hw drawer of parts

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimrod
To be honest. If the HW110 drops in to the block, then fudging the plastics is not that difficult...I think you can even get rid of the plastic barrel shroud and slip on a nice carbon fibre shroud.
If someone can confirm "for sure" that it will, I will order one.
The other point is...will it mean I will need further barrel support, if I get rid of the plastic shroud?
Thanks guys

can't speak for the OP but this is why I want a little longer barrel,,, I missed a HW100bullpup in the carbine(310mm) length in the ads,, just after I purchased my 44,,, dang
I already have 110 in FAC, long barrel unit

20231005_142323-1.jpeg

I would like to hear from anyone who has put the 110 barrel on a 44
the 110 carbine barrel is heavier/thicker OD also ,,15.9 mm vs 10.2 mm od
, the 44 has enough power to use a longer barrel
I plan on attempting to remove my 44 barrel this winter and try the HW110 barrel with 310 mm long, that I have in my hw drawer of parts

Perhaps these parts on airgunspares are used to allow the pistol to use the thinner od barrel:

In any case, if you scan airgunspares, you will see that the HW110 and HW44 use many of the same parts.

IMG_5356.png

Nimrod,, my gun still has the factory barrel, i just used a different airtube and moderator and an adaptor for the moderator
rinks formgrip stock and as you see I already chopped the plastic cover for the barrel,,, I have a new cover for the barrel sitting in my spares, just in case I go back to original pistol
What you did looks really cool.
I think (in my humble opinion) will look even better, if you cut the plastic, following the lines...as below.
Anyhow...I've yet to see someone who put the HW110 on it!

1726087610147.png

Like this...perhaps!

1726087839605.png

Reactions: jarmstrong
I agree with the slanted cut that you drew out,,, I also considered that, but have not taken it apart since, to complete it
but,
If I get the 110 barrel to fit the receiver, I will have to come up with a new solution , to keep the lower picatinny bipod attachment
I will lose 1/2 the gap between the barrel and airtube, as I have a little over 5mm/5.5mm gap,, with a 5.7 difference in barrel dia, so 1/2 of that for radius that will fill the gap
all of the top of the cover will go bye bye,,, if in, I get it done
the cover also covers the void between the barrel and receiver, for better appearance

I agree with the slanted cut that you drew out,,, I also considered that, but have not taken it apart since, to complete it
but,
If I get the 110 barrel to fit the receiver, I will have to come up with a new solution , to keep the lower picatinny bipod attachment
I will lose 1/2 the gap between the barrel and airtube, as I have a little over 5mm/5.5mm gap,, with a 5.7 difference in barrel dia, so 1/2 of that for radius that will fill the gap
all of the top of the cover will go bye bye,,, if in, I get it done
the cover also covers the void between the barrel and receiver, for better appearance
Yeh, I know exactly what you mean.
I was thinking ...if the HW110 barrel fit, then I'll get a 3D cover made to mimic the current one, with the Picatiny rail as well.
Plenty of guys would take this challenge.

Or...simply a 3D printed figure 8 (to link the barrel to the tube and have a picatiny on the bottom

Last edited: