HW45 and HW75 Alert

One's easy to cock going one way...the other is easy to cock, going the other way !

I have the 45, "Bronze Star" with the wrap around grip, in .177.
Nice gun. Two position cocking (low and high power), accurate, not too loud. Feels nice in the hand. Had it about a year and a half now, with no problems. Although, I did do some grip modifications to better fir my hand. Have to finish stippling the grip !

I also have the Beeman P1. It's basically the same as the standard, HW45 with the standard Government grip panels. I put rubber, "palm swell" grips on it.

Both guns are well done, and should outlast...me !

1669533483305.jpeg

1669533868909.jpeg

Mike

Reactions: maxtrouble
If you have learnt to handle a springer pistol across many years of practice….repeatable hold perfection every time, buy the P1/45. If not, you require the much more forgiving recoilless nature of the 75.
Even then, having become a pistol marksman with springers, i can sill whip the P1 with a 75, quartering the group size, but at 350/385 fps territory, the 75 is too low for the occasional rat should the opportunity arise….you need 500 fps. You are also limited to 10 yard targets as wind effects and curve trajectory become an issue beyond that range.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I have the HW75, compared to my Beeman P17, it's easy to cock. Very accurate and quiet with no recoil. I like the molded grip as well. My understanding is that the HW45 is more powerful with more recoil. I only punch paper in the 10-15 yard range.
Max -
Don't let this "recoil" thing worry you.

Hmm, this, (in red, above) comment is highly subjective.
Neither my P1 or my HW45 produce enough "recoil" to be felt as overly detrimental. As in, not, hardly felt at all.

I guess it's a matter of hand / wrist strength. My 72 year old limbs do a perfectly fine (easy) job at controlling my two guns noted.
I also just shoot paper targets at similar distances to the above noted.

Mike

Reactions: Steveoo
I ordered from them last month and they didn't charge me VAT. But I didn't look at the charge until after it had cleared. I thought someone said in another thread that it would drop off? But yeah, just ask them. They were responsive to questions I had, just took a day or two due to time differences. Also, they were prepping to move warehouses at that time, which is complete now.

If you have learnt to handle a springer pistol across many years of practice….repeatable hold perfection every time, buy the P1/45. If not, you require the much more forgiving recoilless nature of the 75.
Even then, having become a pistol marksman with springers, i can sill whip the P1 with a 75, quartering the group size, but at 350/385 fps territory, the 75 is too low for the occasional rat should the opportunity arise….you need 500 fps. You are also limited to 10 yard targets as wind effects and curve trajectory become an issue beyond that range.
I purchased the HW75 for 10 meter practice. I wanted a non PCP pistol to practice with but feared a spring pistol. I have a 1701p and the mighty HW44, both in .177. The HW44 is my go to pesting pistol. Going to be a long and cold winter. Besides, who doesn't need a Weihrauch pistol?