HW75 Has Arrived

Read up on the HW75 and it looked awesome, not really discussed much. Ambidextrous grip had me interested. Left handed pistols are not very common. Placed email notifications around the web for a HW75 about a year ago. Mundilar sent me a notification they had them in stock.

Shipping from Mundilar was not up to the usual speed and I am still awaiting my VAT refund. I am going with Portugal kicking some ass at the World Cup, totally understandable. The pistol showed up very well packaged in the factory box inside a heavy cardboard box with straps!

I have put about a dozen pellets down the barrel and I am a little surprised by the pistol's bark. I am shooting indoors in a small space, that might be the reason. Cocking effort seems a bit stiff. The hammer is a nice firing cycle safety. The iron sights seem good enough, might look into a small red dot. The pellets hit the duct seal target with authority from about eight feet away. Going to be a long cold winter in Michigan and Santa delivered the goods.

48890CED-8FEC-4067-BCD2-2EF75AEA499B.jpeg

Check into the Holosun line of sights. Not as cheap...as some, but the benefits are worth the extra cost (to me anyway). Excellent guarantee, and 50.000 hr's of battery life. If you get one with the solar cell on the top, the battery can die, and the sight will still work, as long as there is daylight.

1670340767473.jpeg

Mike

They are a good gun. I see you got yours with the new ramped foresight modified by HW last spring but not arriving on sale until recently.
So much better for not having gone the fibre optic route which are easier to spot in poor light, but detract from real precision of regular match sights.

Always found these needed the valve blowing through (valve open) with Philips oil, or silicone gun oil spray as they have a thickish oil with bits of valve dust in them…

Reactions: maxtrouble
Read up on the HW75 and it looked awesome, not really discussed much. Ambidextrous grip had me interested. Left handed pistols are not very common. Placed email notifications around the web for a HW75 about a year ago. Mundilar sent me a notification they had them in stock.

Shipping from Mundilar was not up to the usual speed and I am still awaiting my VAT refund. I am going with Portugal kicking some ass at the World Cup, totally understandable. The pistol showed up very well packaged in the factory box inside a heavy cardboard box with straps!

I have put about a dozen pellets down the barrel and I am a little surprised by the pistol's bark. I am shooting indoors in a small space, that might be the reason. Cocking effort seems a bit stiff. The hammer is a nice firing cycle safety. The iron sights seem good enough, might look into a small red dot. The pellets hit the duct seal target with authority from about eight feet away. Going to be a long cold winter in Michigan and Santa delivered the goods.

View attachment 311335
Fine pistol. Consider an Ultradot, not the smallest but versatile and is quality.

Just as a point of interest, I realised the bark on mine (approx 15 years ago) was due to some wasted compressed air due to the short barrel. Employing a piece of Walther barrel blank machined to OEM registers, but with a longer length through the muzzle void to the true muzzle….I removed much of the crack and picked up about 30 FPS.

HW originally designed it with silencer fitting in mind, designing in that void to take an after market silencer, but the plan was dropped when the casting of the barrel housing was not coming out perfectly round enough to take the push in silencer they had planned…..Leaving us today with a 7.25 inch barrel which could othersize have been 8.5 inches …..the same barrel employed for all the models HW40, 45 which would all have benefitted if for that silly silencer idea.
The extra 30 mm of barrel picks up approx 30 fps in all models ….
True story.

Last edited:
Eureka! I was able to find a 13 mm rail adapter for the HW75. A reflex dot could be in the HW75's future.

I don't know, it was an unmarked loose adapter I found in my parts drawer. I do know that the dovetail on the 75 is 14mm, not 13mm, meaning that many adapters just barely fit, or don't fit at all. This one just barely fit.
I used an eaglevision 13mm adapter and it was perfect.

hw75.jpg

Last edited: