HW75, you're staying with me

I've had this for a few months now and it's always remained without any sighting device mounted. Initially I didn't warm up to it but I'm growing to like it. 

Nice tight bore, crisp light trigger needing zero adjustment (edges my adjusted P1/P11/HW45 triggers by a nice margin), the interaction with the hammer (which must be manually cocked for each shot), and the easy accuracy make this a neat and fun target pistol. 

Shot a quick 5 shot group standing at 10 yards indoors using a 2 handed grip. I use a rare earth magnet to secure the paper to my pellet trap, once it's in place it's tough to adjust the target paper (hence the nice tear LOL).

1FE41AF8-13E8-42A9-B06D-56F326C67327.1610125569.jpeg
3642B8CE-D9E5-4227-95D3-0D31CC3B6C0D.1610125570.jpeg

Glad I didn't let this one go. 😉

Thanks for letting me share.

Reactions: .20calguy
JP, The rule with the 75 is going with RWS Meisterkugeln .... Have you tried them. You can get these up-to 430 fps and same hole groups.

As a point of interest, i once moded one employing a piece of the 10 inch Crosman pistol barrel, cut down to length just ahead of the TP hole.

Its just long enough, once faced up clean, to run into the wasted space void ahead of the Stock barrel but not so long as to protrude through the frame muzzle. (my pet hate which ruins the look and compactness for the sake of a bit more power) The extra 1.7 inches picks up another 25 to 30 fps making this a 450 fps gun.

Crosman barrels are happy with most pellets and soft enough for the required machine work, but i know a guy having even better results from employing the Walther barrel blanks sold by Chambers. If I were doing the mod again, i would probably choose one of their barrels but the Crosman barrel is much cheaper, and often available second hand.

Great shooting for opens unsupported...

JP, The rule with the 75 is going with RWS Meisterkugeln .... Have you tried them. You can get these up-to 430 fps and same hole groups.

As a point of interest, i once moded one employing a piece of the 10 inch Crosman pistol barrel, cut down to length just ahead of the TP hole.

Its just long enough, once faced up clean, to run into the wasted space void ahead of the Stock barrel but not so long as to protrude through the frame muzzle. (my pet hate which ruins the look and compactness for the sake of a bit more power) The extra 1.7 inches picks up another 25 to 30 fps making this a 450 fps gun.

Crosman barrels are happy with most pellets and soft enough for the required machine work, but i know a guy having even better results from employing the Walther barrel blanks sold by Chambers. If I were doing the mod again, i would probably choose one of their barrels but the Crosman barrel is much cheaper, and often available second hand.

Great shooting for opens unsupported...

Thanks for sharing those ideas for mods. I think this pistol is one to be left "as is". A P17 on the other hand 🤔🤓

I haven't tried MeisterK's yet. I have some Bogel Match pellets to try.

I did insert a .005" shim in the groove and replaced the OEM breech seal with a 90D O-ring. Much improved sealing than before. 

Reactions: .20calguy
Crowski, IMO it was the best ever version of the HW45. You should hang onto it as it is a rare find these days.

I may be alone but i disliked the move to the fibre optic sights. You might even shoot better with the things but i disliked the look of the colored bits of plastic on a pistol. This model of yours was made just before this move. Beemans move to go with the all weather finish, and add the contour grip to the HW45 kind of balanced up the look of the gun. Maybe consider keeping it stock and free of a scope. Pretty sure it will become highly collectable down the line.

Stevedoo My friend has one. Once I held shot it I couldn’t sleep till I got one. Didn’t lose much. I won’t put a scope on it.
I was shooting it yesterday. I have 2 acres on the Trent Severn waterway, few neighbours. Rural area. Right now we’re under snow, when the snow plow piles snow it’ll ball up making great targets. When you miss you can see where your shot goes. The p11 doesn’t miss, I do. 

I shot an HW 75 for the first time at the Hickory airgun show a couple years ago. I haven't stopped lusting for one since! Something about it just feels GREAT, loved the grips, action, trigger - really wonderful to shoot.

I have a P1 (HW 45) I bought back when they were new...it's about 35 years old and still shoots like a champ. A great addition to that gun is the nifty shoulder stock that Beeman once sold, which turns it into a carbine with pretty negligible recoil. I didn't appreciate how accurate it was until then.

I shot an HW 75 for the first time at the Hickory airgun show a couple years ago. I haven't stopped lusting for one since! Something about it just feels GREAT, loved the grips, action, trigger - really wonderful to shoot.

I have a P1 (HW 45) I bought back when they were new...it's about 35 years old and still shoots like a champ. A great addition to that gun is the nifty shoulder stock that Beeman once sold, which turns it into a carbine with pretty negligible recoil. I didn't appreciate how accurate it was until then.

Thanks for sharing that Mike. I purchased mine having never tried one before; my SSP pistol experience was limited to the Chinese sanctioned clone: Beeman P17, and it's inspiration, the German made Beeman P3. I'm appreciating it more each time I take it out.

Great to hear your "OG" P1 is still performing well after all these years. In my experience they are much more accurate than many people report. It is a pistol that requires dues to be paid in the form of 1000's of shots, a very heightened awareness and sensitivity of grip and pressure points, as well as follow through.

greeting from Concord

Hole in hole accuracy, I strongly recommend Mac 1 Airguns secret sauce for this pistol.

I appreciate your recommendation.👍🏻 I was contemplating how the hammer/valve interaction can be improved but any refinement would require disassembly, and I don't feel that's warranted at the moment. Brushing on some secret sauce "here and there" however, now that's definitely in order. Thanks!