HW75, you're staying with me

I did some reviewing and just placed an order for a HW75. One thing I like is the form resembles my S&W M41, Browning HP and Colt 1911's. I wish I had bought a Feinwerkbau 65 or 100 back when they were making them and almost did, but had other things going on, son in college and law school so money was tight and I was more interested in firearms vs air guns. Years earlier I had gotten a FWB 124 and a 300s, and appreciated the recoilless action of the 300s, so decided on the HW 75 vs the 45, although for casual plinking would have liked the extra power of the 45, but life's a trade off. I pre ordered from Pyramid Air, as no one else seemed to have them either and they had some coupons so I got about 10% off listed price. Hopefully it will be here in a couple of weeks.

Placed a preorder with Pyramid Arms for one yesterday. I did some research and decided to go for the lack of recoil of the single stroke pneumatic, vs extra power on the springer HW45. I have a couple of older FWB rifles, a 124 and a 300s, and the 300 is more of a pleasure to shoot . I am now considering one of the new Diana RWS 54 AirKing pro rifles.

10 times better than a semi auto ...In fact i would go as far to say it possibly the beginning of the end of the semi auto.

The 75 cocks with a single action of pressurising the top frame akin to a reverse break barrel. Unlike the semi auto, it meters exactly the same pressure for each shot, with no gas cooling effects of rapid shooting, or ambient temperature fluctuations. The pellet is inserted directly into the breech which is far better than the pellet having to jump from a magazine into the bore. The trigger is at least 3 times better than the very best semi auto trigger.....all of which adds up to a much more pleasurable shooting experience.... but, only if you have had your fill of blasting off 10 shots one after the other. ...Its obviously a single shot and cannot do that.

As regard the rest, its built from aircraft grade alloy components and steel....not mazak castings which eventually break.

Referring to my top line here, club fellows and other pistol contacts I have, seem to have all grown tired of the whole semi auto pistols thing. An endless stream of guns all operating under the same 1.5ftlbs format, unable to group below an inch, difficult triggers, reliance on Gas bulbs and a requiring of decent ambient temperature to make it to the target. A few of the most recent offerings suffering from internal leaks....difficult to open and repair...

Love my HW75. I had to wait months until one was available. With 74-year-old eyes, a scope was needed. The easy accuracy is to be a thing of wonder!

HW75.jpg

Love my HW75. I had to wait months until one was available. With 74-year-old eyes, a scope was needed. The easy accuracy is to be a thing of wonder!

View attachment 369579

I've got an HW75 coming from PA this Wednesday. Yep, it's been a long wait. I want to eventually mount a 2x pistol scope I have, and I know the 75 has the oddball 13mm dovetail. What kind of rings are you using on yours? Thanks in advance for any advice.

@Northwoods22 - I purchased a set of these. Only needed one mount for the RD. Buckrail might sell them but they seem to always be out of stock. These showed up in a week, very fast shipper, great service.

Reactions: Northwoods22
@Northwoods22 - I purchased a set of these. Only needed one mount for the RD. Buckrail might sell them but they seem to always be out of stock. These showed up in a week, very fast shipper, great service.

That should do the trick. I have some adapters like that from UTG but they are specifically for 9-11mm. I have a Burris 2x with high Zee Rings. Tried mounting it on my P1, which has the same 13mm rail and the UTG adapters were just a tad too wide for the Zee Rings to slide over. 13mm specific should work. Think I'll order two sets. The Burris will go on the new HW75 and a red dot on the P1. Thanks!

View attachment 369579
How do you manage to pump that pistol with the rifle style scope occupying the barrel length?

Here is mine ..purchased in 2008. It was shipped from Canada since they were not available when I was in the market back then.

IMG_6557.jpg
IMG_6556.jpg

Reactions: holo07
Thanks for sharing those ideas for mods. I think this pistol is one to be left "as is". A P17 on the other hand 🤔🤓

I haven't tried MeisterK's yet. I have some Bogel Match pellets to try.

I did insert a .005" shim in the groove and replaced the OEM breech seal with a 90D O-ring. Much improved sealing than before.
Mine is about fifteen years old, and hasn't had any maintenance. Just clean, and shoot. Here's a video plinking at 25 yards with it.I mounted a scope to learn the guns capabilities, and it blew my mind. I wound up shooting 1/4" targets at 75 feet in this video.

I had an early P1 Magnum, that was stolen in 95. One day i was missing it and went to order another one, but I thought I'd price shop a bit. That is when I discovered Arizona Airguns, a source for HW's. I also discovered the HW75. What a great find. Later I bought a P17, and wore it out in short order. I got about four months out of it, and I thought ? Do I get six more P 17's, or 1 HW40? Yeah it was a no brainer. I got the HW40!
Lol
I also have a single stroke Daisy that is crazy accurate

20230331_200526.jpg
20210720_131544_IMG_1130.PNG