• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW77

I’ve got time on my hands. If I can’t work on yard I’m shooting. This is my possy this morning.
IMG_8903.jpeg
Started off with “Greeny” named after Peter Green’s guitar, originator of Fleetwood Mac.
IMG_8904.jpeg
This gun almost shots like his guitar playing. My bells took a beating.
Another long barrel .22 cal.
IMG_8905.jpeg
This gun never disappoint. Do your part, it does its best always.
This 77 is my newest buy and oldest 77.
A Venum tuned beast. I haven’t spent enough time with it. I think it might be pellet picky.
IMG_8908.jpeg
Nice gun to squeeze. So smooth.
‘Now best for last. A HW77k .25.
IMG_8909.jpeg
I’m so addicted to this rifle. I named it Dadzi which is what I called my grandfathers (Polish). It’s the wise rifle. It should be imprinted in Gormans theatre sidewalk in Hollywood. Takes the scenic route to its target, but so reliable. Big bonus most the time you can watch the shot. My 97 .25 same deal. I know it’s against the grain of most, but it’s calculating.
The missing link a HW77 .20 is on order now at AoA. Really enjoy the 77’s especially with a better eye.
Let’s see some pics of your 77’s. Crow

Such a nice collection.
I own a gold plated Tyrolean stock HW77. I shoot in the basement at 50 feet, iron sights offhand. Years ago I applied Flitz polish to some of the gold plating. Big mistake, it removed about 25 per cent of the plating in the area I tested. No where on the Flitz tube did it warn about gold plating.

Reactions: oOmpH and crowski
Such a nice collection.
I own a gold plated Tyrolean stock HW77. I shoot in the basement at 50 feet, iron sights offhand. Years ago I applied Flitz polish to some of the gold plating. Big mistake, it removed about 25 per cent of the plating in the area I tested. No where on the Flitz tube did it warn about gold plating.
Love to see it. Crow
I literally shot this rifle today so that I can post. Only because, apparently I have a springer that @crowski doesn't! And I only have 4....total :)
HW77K in .20. Really great right out of the box, may have it tuned at some point.Shooting 15.5 fpe with JSB 13.7. Very accurate.
View attachment 474547
That’s got to be sweet. Nice gun. Crow
Crow....that Venom!!!!

I'm with you on the .25. Awesome can kickers.
I got a turn at care taker. Crow

My J.T. HO Tuned 77K special edition with the green laminated stock is as reliable as any rifle I have ever owned. Its definitely my most eye appealing rifle also. The HW77 is just so balanced, it's the one rifle I like shooting off hand more than the others, just because it is so well balanced for me. One of the easiest to shoot accurately off the bench. Finally, dressed in this stock it just screams,,,"TAKE ME HUNTING".
20240620_204946[1].jpg

It is quite capable with FTT's in .22 cal.
20240527_181953.jpg

Hope someday to add the same stocked 177 to it, and that will be my set. But if I could, it would be great to have it in all 4 versions, 20 and 25 as well. Then I could have a set to compete with yours Crowski, but I'll never have the collection you do! Very nice set!

Very nice 77’s Mr Crow. It would be interesting the see the difference between the different calibers (trajectory’s) if you zeroed them at say 20 meters and then shot them at 40 meters. As long as their internals were the same. But nice rifles all the same, I really like mine.
Gary
Thanks Gary. That’s a great stinking diarrhoea. Have to try on a rain day. My 3- 77’s are untouched.
Oh Peter Green,"Blackmagic Woman"I have all his old CDs anyhow my Lefty 77View attachment 474737
Sweet guns That 77 is special. Crow
My J.T. HO Tuned 77K special edition with the green laminated stock is as reliable as any rifle I have ever owned. Its definitely my most eye appealing rifle also. The HW77 is just so balanced, it's the one rifle I like shooting off hand more than the others, just because it is so well balanced for me. One of the easiest to shoot accurately off the bench. Finally, dressed in this stock it just screams,,,"TAKE ME HUNTING".
View attachment 474851

It is quite capable with FTT's in .22 cal.
View attachment 474852

Hope someday to add the same stocked 177 to it, and that will be my set. But if I could, it would be great to have it in all 4 versions, 20 and 25 as well. Then I could have a set to compete with yours Crowski, but I'll never have the collection you do! Very nice set!

Thanks. Great shooting. Your laminate is much more vibrant than mine. Sweet. Is that a foam grip on cocking arm? If so do you like it? Crow

Thanks Gary. That’s a great stinking diarrhoea. Have to try on a rain day. My 3- 77’s are untouched.

Sweet guns That 77 is special. Crow

Thanks. Great shooting. Your laminate is much more vibrant than mine. Sweet. Is that a foam grip on cocking arm? If so do you like it? Crow
Thanks Crow! No it was what came from the custom Tune that John Thomas did on it. Not sure who makes it, but it is nice, and with the HO kit welcome for the extra grip to cock it. It is a flattened checkered metal adapter that fits over the cocking rod, a must on the shorter K, it helps grip the under lever tremendously, which is a handful for me with my arthritis. Wish it was a little sharper, as the checkering is flattened more than I would call ideal for best grip, but it does help.

20240625_133709[1].jpg
20240625_133821[1].jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Crow! No it was what came from the custom Tune that John Thomas did on it. Not sure who makes it, but it is nice, and with the HO kit welcome for the extra grip to cock it. It is a flattened checkered metal adapter that fits over the cocking rod, a must on the shorter K, it helps grip the under lever tremendously, which is a handful for me with my arthritis. Wish it was a little sharper, as the checkering is flattened more than I would call ideal for best grip, but it does help.

View attachment 474926View attachment 474928
Just got back from eye exam. Maybe should go back, looked like a foam. My eyes are messed up till a few days.
I have same issues. The Venum 77 doesn’t have the push release like the newer 77’s and 97’s, which I like so much more. Have a real issue with the TX’s. Thanks for info. Crow
I guess you like the HW77 :)
I do, I like more than just the 77’s. Crow
Here's a very early one, the 25mm piston is said to be better, and the long sight radius with the setback Anschutz 6700 more accurate?View attachment 474929
Very nice. I’m hoping to put Diopters on the .20 when it comes. Love the looks. Thanks. Crow
Two long Tyro's (.177 & .20) and a K (.177)

View attachment 474942
DualMagMike love the patina on the older gun. Stunning collection with knowledge. Thanks Crow

Just got back from eye exam. Maybe should go back, looked like a foam. My eyes are messed up till a few days.
I have same issues. The Venum 77 doesn’t have the push release like the newer 77’s and 97’s, which I like so much more. Have a real issue with the TX’s. Thanks for info. Crow

I do, I like more than just the 77’s. Crow

Very nice. I’m hoping to put Diopters on the .20 when it comes. Love the looks. Thanks. Crow

DualMagMike love the patina on the older gun. Stunning collection with knowledge. Thanks Crow
It aint yer eyes Crow, that first pick of the whole gun with the cell phone is, well a cell phone, I zoomed in and it was obvious why you thought it was foam. I should get my big Digitals out with L glass for pictures that far away when I want detail!

Reactions: crowski
Nice 77's Crow

To bad you do not have a HW77 with a old type stock. They are great, especialy for shooting with open sights.
I own two HW77K's, one in .22 and 12FPE for shooting with open sights.
The other one, a special edition .22 and 14FPE with a scope.
They are these days my only spring guns I shoot with.
20170121_134401.jpg
20160714_093653.jpg
20170121_133926.jpg

Pictured is my modest collection of .20 caliber air rifles. The one on the bottom, the Beeman HW77K, is the newest one (to the collection). It came to me with a trigger set so light that at one point I clicked off the safety and the gun fired. Nice .20 caliber hole in the kitchen ceiling :( I believe it is from 1985 which would make it a MKII. It got me interested in shooting with open sights and I'm really fond of that slender Goudy stock. I've got the Maccari kit waiting to be installed.

The other rifles (from the top) Beeman R9 with a Custom Stock. Could be my favorite air rifle, does real well blasting any rat that turns up under the bird feeders. HW98 and my HW50 wearing a Maccari walnut stock. The latter always in the running for "if you could only have one".

Jay

P4160043.jpeg

Reactions: Shuggoth
I’ve got time on my hands. If I can’t work on yard I’m shooting. This is my possy this morning.
View attachment 474416Started off with “Greeny” named after Peter Green’s guitar, originator of Fleetwood Mac. View attachment 474417This gun almost shots like his guitar playing. My bells took a beating.
Another long barrel .22 cal. View attachment 474418This gun never disappoint. Do your part, it does its best always.
This 77 is my newest buy and oldest 77.
A Venum tuned beast. I haven’t spent enough time with it. I think it might be pellet picky. View attachment 474419Nice gun to squeeze. So smooth.
‘Now best for last. A HW77k .25. View attachment 474421I’m so addicted to this rifle. I named it Dadzi which is what I called my grandfathers (Polish). It’s the wise rifle. It should be imprinted in Gormans theatre sidewalk in Hollywood. Takes the scenic route to its target, but so reliable. Big bonus most the time you can watch the shot. My 97 .25 same deal. I know it’s against the grain of most, but it’s calculating.
The missing link a HW77 .20 is on order now at AoA. Really enjoy the 77’s especially with a better eye.
Let’s see some pics of your 77’s. Crow
I like that 3rd stalk with the thumb rest