N/A HW95 Tune From Dealer

"If you did your own brakes or rebuilt a carburetor" that's some funny stuff 🤣😂 Cars haven't been built with carburetors for over 20 years!
You're right but most of the people here playing with these guns learned to drive in the sixties and seventies, so it would be applicable. I'm a baby here at 58.

If you want to get technical, cars in the US probably haven't been built with carburetors in almost forty years. The last I remembered them was in the eighties when GM had the terrible idea of connecting them to electronics.

You're right but most of the people here playing with these guns learned to drive in the sixties and seventies, so it would be applicable. I'm a baby here at 58.

If you want to get technical, cars in the US probably haven't been built with carburetors in almost forty years. The last I remembered them was in the eighties when GM had the terrible idea of connecting them to electronics.
we forget about no carbs or points.

Dang time flies 😳 points and carbs , I still have a dwell meter. Then the government got involved in the 80s ☹️ then in 97. Left auto repair to work on Hyster brand lift trucks. A LOT of computer stuff threw the years. Did enjoy it. 😀 kind of miss it ! Retired 2023 But love the simplicity of spring powered air guns

You bring up an interesting point to me, age. On the traditional airgun forum no doubt you're correct, it's a senior crowd. I'm almost 73 so I can comment about old age and what a wonderful hobby it is for seniors. I would guess the age on the PCP forum is younger. Then forget the forums, all the folks buying Hatsons, Gamos, Umarex, etc. I believe are younger yet. Lower price and bigger power, just like muscle cars. I scan Sqwirl's thread on Reddit and that thread seems to have a younger yet crowd posting. I sold two guns on the Reddit AG market forum the last 3 weeks and one person I believe was in his 40s and the other was definitely in his 30s with 2 young sons. I want to see a younger crowd join the ranks. It would be also be good to understand the age and economic demographics of airguners. I bet Pyramid has it down.

You bring up an interesting point to me, age. On the traditional airgun forum no doubt you're correct, it's a senior crowd. I'm almost 73 so I can comment about old age and what a wonderful hobby it is for seniors. I would guess the age on the PCP forum is younger. Then forget the forums, all the folks buying Hatsons, Gamos, Umarex, etc. I believe are younger yet. Lower price and bigger power, just like muscle cars. I scan Sqwirl's thread on Reddit and that thread seems to have a younger yet crowd posting. I sold two guns on the Reddit AG market forum the last 3 weeks and one person I believe was in his 40s and the other was definitely in his 30s with 2 young sons. I want to see a younger crowd join the ranks. It would be also be good to understand the age and economic demographics of airguners. I bet Pyramid has it down.
I think you're spot on with the demographics. I haven't been on reddit but I've been on other piston gun forums and I'm a baby on them too. I'd love to see more young people get into traditional piston guns.

Most new people now start with big box store magnum piston guns. They're usually in search of the fastest most powerful air rifle they can get. Unfortunately most of them are junk and or difficult to shoot. This usually burns them out of the hobby or sends them towards PCPS. Honestly who can blame them? Lots of power and easy to shoot accurately. A small percentage of them will search out quality piston guns.

The days of new high quality piston gun sales are numbered. The market is literally dying off. Eventually there won't be enough interest in them to keep a good selection available. Diana has already shrunk its line up of quality German made guns in favor of PCPS and compromised quality piston guns. It won't be long before Weihrauch shrinks its line up. They already have been selling PCPs for years. There's been rumors of AirArms curtailing their piston gun line up.

Old gun designs need young interest to keep them alive. In the age of instant gratification, I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

I have 85 trips around the Sun and been shooting the 30-06 for over 70 years. Definitely welcome to ALL of the younger folks to this fine and enjoyable sport. My TO weapon when I was a Marine was the M1.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but I couldn't afford these high dollar piston rifles when I was younger. We had crosman and sheridan pumpers..lol. Then, was more into powder smokers most prime years, only to come back to really nice air rifles later on in life. I've shot some PCP's, but they don't do a thing for me..lol, kinda like a dead fish in ya hands, but that's me. Piston rifle is unforgiving, you have to earn in.

I think you're spot on with the demographics. I haven't been on reddit but I've been on other piston gun forums and I'm a baby on them too. I'd love to see more young people get into traditional piston guns.

Most new people now start with big box store magnum piston guns. They're usually in search of the fastest most powerful air rifle they can get. Unfortunately most of them are junk and or difficult to shoot. This usually burns them out of the hobby or sends them towards PCPS. Honestly who can blame them? Lots of power and easy to shoot accurately. A small percentage of them will search out quality piston guns.

The days of new high quality piston gun sales are numbered. The market is literally dying off. Eventually there won't be enough interest in them to keep a good selection available. Diana has already shrunk its line up of quality German made guns in favor of PCPS and compromised quality piston guns. It won't be long before Weihrauch shrinks its line up. They already have been selling PCPs for years. There's been rumors of AirArms curtailing their piston gun line up.

Old gun designs need young interest to keep them alive. In the age of instant gratification, I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.
You may be correct BBs are slowly dying off. My 1st gun was an Avenger, it was a very good purchase. My second gun was a $2000 FX WC Bottle, worst purchase ever. Sold it about 12 months later after throwing more money into it for $1250. I still hate myself for being so stupid. Over the next few years I kept buying PCPs, until I finally woke up after reading this forum over @nd over and thought WTF am I doing? Try something new like springers, I haven’t looked back. I sold off all my PCPS except a K1, 2 GK 1s, Notos anda RAW 1000 x which I won. I shot the RAW and K1 today for the 1st time in weeks and it was a nice change. I shoot the GKs about once every 2 weeks. I shoot my HW 30 and 50 almost daily. I ordered 95N field pro which ships tomorrow and has me jacked. I wasted so much money on PCPs I hate to think about it. Throw in all the compressors and the scuba bottle, and repairs., argh. For the $1600 I have total in those 3 self contained, far more reliable Weihrauchs I could have saved thousands and been much happier today. I think technology and guys like sqwirl bringing in new blood like cometas will extend springer life. I also think PCPs have the bigger problems with extinction, threatened by electric/battery power. Younger gen’s would be all over battery powered once perfected. No compressor no bottle 🥳👏

Reactions: fishing43