HW95n Field Pro arrived yesterday.

Wow that shocks me that AoA sent that out like that. It seems like they made it right for you so good on them.
I was shocked as well. And if I was being picky. I’d have complained about the scratches on the side of the breach from when they took it apart to install the Vortex kit.

I’m not a petty person.

Reactions: Bedrock Bob
I was shocked as well. And if I was being picky. I’d have complained about the scratches on the side of the breach from when they took it apart to install the Vortex kit.

I’m not a petty person.
If they installed a kit they saw the stock. And the scratches. At least they should have.

The stock was probably damaged on the work bench. Or falling off of it.

I bet they are having a talk with someone about it.

That's surprising to me. They did both my rifles and I can't find anything to indicate they were repaired. It's too bad you are having issues.

There is no sin in griping about a damaged stock you paid extra for or scratches installing a kit you paid extra for.

They charge well to install those kits. I checked when I had mine fixed. It was $270 for the parts and labor. I couldn't justify that for a basic disassembly and bumping corners. I had them install factory stuff.

They are easy to disassemble and polish. A Vortek kit is a drop in affair. A guy can do it in an hour on a bench with tools at the ready. I can't see why anything would get scratched at all if you used the right tools and were careful.

It's a shame. I'll be doing any work myself that's not covered under warranty. And I'll gripe a blue streak if a rifle comes back with scratches. That's just not how gunsmiths do things.

Reactions: BABz58