HW/Weihrauch HW97K "fussy" barrel might’ve been more a case of me being a bit fussy myself!

IMG_7665.jpg

After a good bit of fun doing some proper pellet testing with my HW97K .177 sub12, I’ve discovered something rather amusing. When I first got it, around 12 years ago, it was seemingly only fond of JSB 8.44gr pellets—or so I thought. But I reckon the real issue back then was probably my technique, because now it’ll happily send pretty much anything pictured sub-MOA out to 40 yards. That said, the Heavies are the real show-offs, with pinpoint accuracy that’ll make you feel like a sharpshooting genius. They really go the distance. In fact, I’ve gone a bit overboard and ordered 72 tins from this batch... :cool::ROFLMAO:

Moral of the story is in the title :)

I'm always finding I need to work then n my hold ..

I guess in England cheap crosnan hollow point don't fit in that proper pellet testing ..🤔. Lol..

Anyway looks good .. enjoy .
Thanks! Working on our holds is a never-ending saga, isn’t it?

As for the Crosman range, it’s still widely available here in the UK, but they’re not that much cheaper compared to JSB or H&N. I haven’t bothered with them in ages, but I reckon it’s worth revisiting. Funny enough, back in the early '90s, the 7.9s were the hottest thing on the Field Target scene. Crosman was handing out free samples at the 1992 World Championship, and pretty much everyone switched from some 10-point-something grain pellet (Bisley or H&N Barracuda Match) to these, all for that super flat trajectory.

But fast forward a few years, and the Crosmans were dropped almost overnight when JSB hit the scene with their 8.44 grains. It was like a mass exodus, as if someone flipped a switch!

I do not think Crossman has changed the mold at all , just the price , and why not ? if the other guy can charge $14 or now $24 for the same count .
I thinking that 6$ a tin Walmart is fixing to be over now after that company sale. They'll be inflated priced made in Spain . No more Walmart USA crosman pellets .

I guess it may be a all good things come to an end thing ...

I hope not but ....??? Lol