I am thinking about getting an Avenger, Is the action block on the Avenger still a polymer?

I got my avenger this summer and the valve block is all aluminum and the rear block is a pot metal...i think the barrel gods smilled on me as mine is a fun gun easily tuneable and shoots all pellets great any speed and any weight ive only tries fx hybrid slugs and not great results bout an 1inch at 50 yds all pellets are ragged holes at 25 to 50 yards ...its a fun gun to tinker with and its easy to tune and modify just my novice opinion but the gun has its limitations

Reactions: ChiefBaker225
I was talking about the avenger thank you right now. I couldn’t afford the Avenge X if I wanted to that’s why I was thinking about the avenger. It’s quite a bit cheaper.
The avenger is all plastic and cost $349. The avenger x is metal and cost $499. If that small increase is hard to afford maybe get a job? Lol. Not to be rude but a week paycheck should be able to buy the avenger x and have some money left over for ammo too.

The avenger is all plastic and cost $349. The avenger x is metal and cost $499. If that small increase is hard to afford maybe get a job? Lol. Not to be rude but a week paycheck should be able to buy the avenger x and have some money left over for ammo too.
That's a snarky & judgemental remark imho & not very helpful. If YOU can afford anything you want be grateful. Not all of us are in that same boat. It's more helpful to suggest options for what someone can afford & not give "life coach" advice and judge what other's financial constraints are.

The OP country where he live is not stated. Do you know that in some countries items like PCPs is in relation to average income 5 times and more the price you pay in USA. Even a Avenger can be about a full month's pay for some people.
And it is Avenge-X, without the "r", not Avenger x.

The avenger is all plastic and cost $349. The avenger x is metal and cost $499. If that small increase is hard to afford maybe get a job? Lol. Not to be rude but a week paycheck should be able to buy the avenger x and have some money left over for ammo

The Avenger is not all plastic.
Rude and wrong.

I have an original Avenger in 25 caliber. It leaked initially but has been trouble free subsequently. I am not impressed in the materials used in a couple areas but it works fine and is accurate. I also have three bullpups built by Snowpeak and I think they are significantly better made. My bullpups are P35s which is probably more than the OP wants to spend but SPA makes a lot of fairly inexpensive airguns including some priced very similarly to the original Avenger. The M16A may be in that price category, for instance. Airgun Archery Fun has some as does Krale. Stoeger airguns are built by SPA. Airgun Depot has a XM1 for $229 and a "Ranger" for $349. The XM1 might be a little short on power but I think the "Ranger" would be roughly comparable to an Avenger. But I did not look at the specs very hard, you should before buying one. Also look for on line reviews. I do not believe Avengers are bad guns but I think SPA makes a little bit better gun for the same kind of money.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
I have had no luck with My Avenger. The first Reg quit, then after a 3 week wait when the Regs finally were available the second one quit. I sent it off to a "so-called" "Air Smith" and it has been gone for almost 2 months already. I should have listened to advice that I received here before Purchasing. I will admit though, the 4-5 days I shot it were pretty good.

I've never looked at the regulator in my Avenger. It has worked so I did not take it apart. I was chasing a slow air leak on my P35-25 that I am pretty sure is the after market plenum and took the regulator apart. The O-rings were a bit hard so I don't think it was a bad idea to change them. I also rebuilt the Huma regulator on my Caiman recently and I found the similarity striking. The only thing that seems much different is the hard plastic seal for the SPA regulator does not seem to be replaceable. Huma also offers an inexpensive rebuild kit for theirs. I'd rather have a Huma, I think, but SPA regulators have been trouble free in all three of my P35s. After my rebuild, the P35-25 is not holding as tight a ES as is normal but my other guns are often around 10 fps for a 25 shot string. P35-25 is closer to 20 or a little more in 40 shot strings but I don't have over 100 shots through it after I rebuilt it. So I'm hoping it improves.

I did a little more research this morning and I think the M16a from Airgun Archery Fun is the entry level PCP I would recommend. I'm even thinking of one in 177 (it comes in 22 and 25 too and for a first PCP I would get a 22). The reviews are good and show very good accuracy. It has an aluminum bottle but I would talk to Wes about swapping on a carbon fiber bottle. If he won't do that I'm sure he would sell me a carbon fiber bottle for it. He's asking less than $400 for them. It has a wood stock and an airgauge on both the bottle (on the side not the end of the air tube) and the regulator. Fills with a foster fitting (instead of a probe). I think this gun is much preferable to an Avenger. It may be better than an AvengeX.

I've never looked at the regulator in my Avenger. It has worked so I did not take it apart. I was chasing a slow air leak on my P35-25 that I am pretty sure is the after market plenum and took the regulator apart. The O-rings were a bit hard so I don't think it was a bad idea to change them. I also rebuilt the Huma regulator on my Caiman recently and I found the similarity striking. The only thing that seems much different is the hard plastic seal for the SPA regulator does not seem to be replaceable. Huma also offers an inexpensive rebuild kit for theirs. I'd rather have a Huma, I think, but SPA regulators have been trouble free in all three of my P35s. After my rebuild, the P35-25 is not holding as tight a ES as is normal but my other guns are often around 10 fps for a 25 shot string. P35-25 is closer to 20 or a little more in 40 shot strings but I don't have over 100 shots through it after I rebuilt it. So I'm hoping it improves.

I did a little more research this morning and I think the M16a from Airgun Archery Fun is the entry level PCP I would recommend. I'm even thinking of one in 177 (it comes in 22 and 25 too and for a first PCP I would get a 22). The reviews are good and show very good accuracy. It has an aluminum bottle but I would talk to Wes about swapping on a carbon fiber bottle. If he won't do that I'm sure he would sell me a carbon fiber bottle for it. He's asking less than $400 for them. It has a wood stock and an airgauge on both the bottle (on the side not the end of the air tube) and the regulator. Fills with a foster fitting (instead of a probe). I think this gun is much preferable to an Avenger. It may be better than an AvengeX.
I was looking at that a couple days before you recommended it. I’ve been thinking about it thank you. That’s awesome recommendation I do like the looks of it too

I have an original Avenger in 25 caliber. It leaked initially but has been trouble free subsequently. I am not impressed in the materials used in a couple areas but it works fine and is accurate. I also have three bullpups built by Snowpeak and I think they are significantly better made. My bullpups are P35s which is probably more than the OP wants to spend but SPA makes a lot of fairly inexpensive airguns including some priced very similarly to the original Avenger. The M16A may be in that price category, for instance. Airgun Archery Fun has some as does Krale. Stoeger airguns are built by SPA. Airgun Depot has a XM1 for $229 and a "Ranger" for $349. The XM1 might be a little short on power but I think the "Ranger" would be roughly comparable to an Avenger. But I did not look at the specs very hard, you should before buying one. Also look for on line reviews. I do not believe Avengers are bad guns but I think SPA makes a little bit better gun for the same kind of money.
I had never even heard of Snowpeak until about four or five days ago, but they look really nice I seen a Remington bull pup thank you. It was by Snow Peak too. That looked really nice thank you guys appreciate it. I will look into them some more.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers