I bought into Arkam hype. 6 to 8 WEEKS?

I got the 7-30x 56? Gen II.
i just got the most magnification because I've never had that much before.

Two questions on Arkam:

is this 6-8 week lead time bc of shipping from outside the US or is it because it is really that in demand?

The other question is I see the parallax adjustment goes down to 25 yards.
Is there a scope down the road I should have on my someday list where I can make minute of dead pigeon at 120y with the .30 Delta then be able to snap to something inside of 15 feet without being blurry?

I got the 7-30x 56? Gen II.
i just got the most magnification because I've never had that much before.

Two questions on Arkam:

is this 6-8 week lead time bc of shipping from outside the US or is it because it is really that in demand?

The other question is I see the parallax adjustment goes down to 25 yards.
Is there a scope down the road I should have on my someday list where I can make minute of dead pigeon at 120y with the .30 Delta then be able to snap to something inside of 15 feet without being blurry?

You mean the Arken 7-35x56? I’m not seeing an “Arkham” scope anywhere, but I bet Batman would wanna know about it… :ROFLMAO:

As for your parallax question, I wouldn’t count on it. There are much more expensive optics that have a larger depth of field and ate more forgiving with parallax, but I don’t know of any that can have a clear image at 120y and at 15’ without making an adjustment of some kind. Physics doesn’t work that way, and/or we’ve not found a way to manipulate the laws of light in that manner yet.

You mean the Arken 7-35x56? I’m not seeing an “Arkham” scope anywhere, but I bet Batman would wanna know about it… :ROFLMAO:

As for your parallax question, I wouldn’t count on it. There are much more expensive optics that have a larger depth of field and ate more forgiving with parallax, but I don’t know of any that can have a clear image at 120y and at 15’ without making an adjustment of some kind. Physics doesn’t work that way, and/or we’ve not found a way to manipulate the laws of light in that manner yet.
I just meant to adjust quickly and not have to make more than one adjustment. If I throw my magnification down to low from high it would be nice if I got a clear picture off the bat.
Regarding Arkham, I can't even blame spell check for that one. lol

My Arken EPL-4 6-24 has 10 yard Parallax. When I bought it the lead time was normal, I had it in a few days. But there are times when it becomes longer due to demand. Tells you something about desirability I think :). I added "Breakaway Nylon Coasters" to the power ring and something else on my Arken, might be the parallax. They are stiff but something like this would help if you had to make two changes quickly. Amazon has them for about $16 for two. Arken probably has something too but I'm sure it's more expensive.

Reactions: AlwaysLastPlace
My Arken EPL-4 6-24 has 10 yard Parallax. When I bought it the lead time was normal, I had it in a few days. But there are times when it becomes longer due to demand. Tells you something about desirability I think :). I added "Breakaway Nylon Coasters" to the power ring and something else on my Arken, might be the parallax. They are stiff but something like this would help if you had to make two changes quickly. Amazon has them for about $16 for two. Arken probably has something too but I'm sure it's more expensive.
I found what you were talking about and added them to cart, apparently everyone loves them. I have never seen this and thanks for the tip. This is just the type of thing I was hoping for. I was just butchering how I was asking the question.

I have a real use case for this. There is a deranged ragamuffin of a grackle that eats and poops in my dog's bowl. It never falls for bait and doesn't investigate when his friends die. I have been trying to get him for a couple of years. Last week I dialed up to 16 and focused in nicely on a different bird and he landed 15 feet from me and STAYED there like I wasn't even there. I didn't need to look through the scope just dial out and pull the parallax to minimum. It took too long and he got away again. It is always something. Other times it has been that my pool deck is right behind him or the neighbor's window and I have to let him go.

side wheel for parallax
throw lever for magnification

I hope you like those "Nylon Coasters". I've had to tighten them a few times but that is super easy to do (just rotate the knob). Functionally they are zip ties but with a handle incorporated. They have not marked my scope at all but yet they grab well enough I can make changes much easier and quicker. I also cycled my illumination knob about 100 times and it loosened up some. In my opinion Arken could do a little more to get the tension on these knobs dialed in but I'm glad they seem to spend plenty of time making sure the adjustments work very precisely and incorporating good glass. Stiff knobs I can deal with.

I hope you like those "Nylon Coasters". I've had to tighten them a few times but that is super easy to do (just rotate the knob). Functionally they are zip ties but with a handle incorporated. They have not marked my scope at all but yet they grab well enough I can make changes much easier and quicker. I also cycled my illumination knob about 100 times and it loosened up some. In my opinion Arken could do a little more to get the tension on these knobs dialed in but I'm glad they seem to spend plenty of time making sure the adjustments work very precisely and incorporating good glass. Stiff knobs I can deal with.
Yeah, I am sure I will. Everyone loves them for all the reasons. I won't buy them until my scope comes in because I will lose them and then have to buy them twice.
RE the scope - All the YT videos show how spot on the zero stop is. I know that isn't the most important thing in the world but it is cool. I can't wait for it to come in. The Japanese glass is exciting too. I saw one set up with their NV scope and I wonder how it compares to the Pulsar that is roughly the same price.

Yes please! What would you recommend?

Gerod,

for us here at the forum to recommend a scope to you —
we'd need a lot more info.

Or really: You'd have to figure out what it is that you NEED¹ and what your PREFERENCES².

¹NEED:
▪ Hunting or competition or plinking or a combination?
▪ What min. and max. ranges do you expect each of these?
▪ If hunting: What game?
▪ Do you want to video it?
▪ How much $$ do you want to spend?
etc. etc.

²PREFERENCES:
▪ Do you happen to hate/love FFP or SFP?
▪ Is weight are big concern of yours?
▪ Is a very clear and natural scope image important to you, or do you just want to put rounds on target?
etc. etc.

Here are 2 Scope Specs Tables —
for medium and medium high magnification (I have more Tables):
➊ 4-16x | 3-18x | 4-20x | 3-15x
➋ 6-24x | 5-30x | 4-24x | 4-20x | 5-40x and higher

All scopes have 10y min. parallax (a few 15y).

All scopes have a holdoff reticle.

All scopes have exposed turrets.

The Scope Specs Tables allow you to compare specs side by side:
price, warranty
FoV
weight and length
max. elevation adjustment
IR or no IR
Reticle type
0-stop, locking turrets, turret turn counter
etc. etc.

Happy scope shopping! 😃

Matthias

❌ Attachment:
Scope Specs Tables

View attachment -SCOPE Specs Table. For 4-16x or 3-18x or 4-20x Scopes. [ohne EM.pdf

View attachment -SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf

Reactions: MongooseV8
Gerod,

for us here at the forum to recommend a scope to you —
we'd need a lot more info.

Or really: You'd have to figure out what it is that you NEED¹ and what your PREFERENCES².

¹NEED:
▪ Hunting or competition or plinking or a combination?
▪ What min. and max. ranges do you expect each of these?
▪ If hunting: What game?
▪ Do you want to video it?
▪ How much $$ do you want to spend?
etc. etc.

²PREFERENCES:
▪ Do you happen to hate/love FFP or SFP?
▪ Is weight are big concern of yours?
▪ Is a very clear and natural scope image important to you, or do you just want to put rounds on target?
etc. etc.

Here are 2 Scope Specs Tables —
for medium and medium high magnification (I have more Tables):
➊ 4-16x | 3-18x | 4-20x | 3-15x
➋ 6-24x | 5-30x | 4-24x | 4-20x | 5-40x and higher

All scopes have 10y min. parallax (a few 15y).

All scopes have a holdoff reticle.

All scopes have exposed turrets.

The Scope Specs Tables allow you to compare specs side by side:
price, warranty
FoV
weight and length
max. elevation adjustment
IR or no IR
Reticle type
0-stop, locking turrets, turret turn counter
etc. etc.

Happy scope shopping! 😃

Matthias

❌ Attachment:
Scope Specs Tables

View attachment 495244

View attachment 495246
yikes I thought I was closer to finding a scope than that. I will save these though even if they aren't updated when I need them again they are a great way to prioritize.

Bro, I am super ADHD and this thought won't leave me alone until I type it. Where the heck did they get the name "Breakaway Nylon Coasters" from. That is totally rhetorical if you want it to be. lol

Arken released the GenII 7-35 prematurely IMO, before manufacturing could fill the pipeline for demand. I cancelled my order because I didn't want that money sitting there for two or more months. I do have 5 other Arken scopes and find them excellent. However, the 34MM tube models only focus to 25 yards. If you want something closer, the EPL 4-24 is really good, but it only focuses to 13 yards despite what the specs say.

Arken released the GenII 7-35 prematurely IMO, before manufacturing could fill the pipeline for demand. I cancelled my order because I didn't want that money sitting there for two or more months. I do have 5 other Arken scopes and find them excellent. However, the 34MM tube models only focus to 25 yards. If you want something closer, the EPL 4-24 is really good, but it only focuses to 13 yards despite what the specs say.
That is actually exactly the answer I was hoping existed.
What do you think about this? If I had the 7-35 on a 1 piece mount, and kept a pest mount so a closer focus on the gun for around the house and yard? It should hold zero on the swap ya?

The other solution I am pretty sure you just solved for me is that my gun weighs 17 lbs.
A 30 mm SFP might just bring my delta, which is 7.5 naked down to a bearable weight of I remove most all the bench rest stuff. What do you think about that?

That is actually exactly the answer I was hoping existed.
What do you think about this? If I had the 7-35 on a 1 piece mount, and kept a pest mount so a closer focus on the gun for around the house and yard? It should hold zero on the swap ya?

The other solution I am pretty sure you just solved for me is that my gun weighs 17 lbs.
A 30 mm SFP might just bring my delta, which is 7.5 naked down to a bearable weight of I remove most all the bench rest stuff. What do you think about that?
The Arken gen1 34 mm scopes weigh 36 oz and the new 7-35 weighs 44 oz. Ok for BR shooting, but for general use, I would pick the EPL 4-24 which weighs 24 oz., which is pretty close to most scopes. It is a great all around scope and will do everything you need for pesting. Do you have wheels on the 17 pound gun?

Last edited:
The Arken gen1 34 mm scopes weigh 36 oz and the new 7-35 weighs 34 oz. Ok for BR shooting, but for general use, I would pick the EPL 4-24 which weighs 24 oz., which is pretty close to most scopes. It is a great all around scope and will do everything you need for pesting. Do you have wheels on the 17 pound gun?
It would be so funny to get a Segway Scooter and just use it as a hand truck/dolly for all the crap I have to take from the trunk to the bench.

This thing started out of the box at 7.5 lbs...

I got them and love em thanks for the recommendation.