I cant unscrew the cylinder from my FEB P44 at high pressures(NEW)

Valve is very hard to unscrew with 150/200bar!
i never had a PCP Noow I have the P44 from Feinwerkbau but the old cylinder just reach 110bar só is easy to unscrew!
I wanna know of is dificul to
unscrew a cylinder with 150/200bar or something like that high pressures?
thank you
PS- im saying unscrew
from the pistole

Last edited:
I am not familiar with your valve. I use a separate fill set-up that has a hose and a vent valve built in. Some tank valves will (or should) vent when the valve is turned fully off.

It is, as you found out, VERY difficult to unscrew a pressurized connection. It can also be dangerous due to sudden release of pressure.

Can you show a picture of your tank valve? Maybe someone on the forum that is familiar with that valve can help.

I am not familiar with your valve. I use a separate fill set-up that has a hose and a vent valve built in. Some tank valves will (or should) vent when the valve is turned fully off.

It is, as you found out, VERY difficult to unscrew a pressurized connection. It can also be dangerous due to sudden release of pressure.

Can you show a picture of your tank valve? Maybe someone on the forum that is familiar with that valve can help.

im adoing unscrew from pistol with high pressures

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandito
I have never run into this issue with either my fwb pistol or rifle. I use a very tiny amount of the fwb grease that they recommend on the threads of the tanks. That works for me and I can unscrew partially and dry fire. I have been doing this for years.
The fwb grease is very expensive but one little tube is a lifetime supply. However, I find it difficult to believe that this issue is due to the use of the "wrong" grease.

Sorry, my friend, I actually have no idea why this is troubling you unless it is an issue with threads in your gun.

I hope someone smarter than me can answer your question; fwb 44 is a fine pistol fully capable of winning the Olympics.

Reactions: ricardocabralsousa
I have never run into this issue with either my fwb pistol or rifle. I use a very tiny amount of the fwb grease that they recommend on the threads of the tanks. That works for me and I can unscrew partially and dry fire. I have been doing this for years.
The fwb grease is very expensive but one little tube is a lifetime supply. However, I find it difficult to believe that this issue is due to the use of the "wrong" grease.

Sorry, my friend, I actually have no idea why this is troubling you unless it is an issue with threads in your gun.

I hope someone smarter than me can answer your question; fwb 44 is a fine pistol fully capable of winning the Olympics.
Is because my pistol
is P44 and the cylinder is from P8X!
a friend of mine have the same pistol and new cylinder and have the same problem!
is a litle har to unscrew but it can be do e!

Uhh Oh!
I cannot imagine why fwb would change the fitting of the cylinders. There are many p44 on the firing lines and changing cylinder fitment is just stupid. I never thought that this could be an issue! As far as I know the difference in the 44 AND 8x is mostly cosmetic.
Is not the end of the world just have to do some streng to
Unscrew! With just 85bar of air is easier

Is because my pistol
is P44 and the cylinder is from P8X!
a friend of mine have the same pistol and new cylinder and have the same problem!
is a litle har to unscrew but it can be do e!
No, there's something else going on here. All FWB air cylinders from P30 up to P8X have the same threads, and are compatible all the way from old to new.
But a side note, when you screw the cylinder on the gun, just screw it in until it stops, and do not tighten it up hard. If you tighten it up hard, the air cylinder becomes pretty hard to unscrew as the pressure in the air cylinder drops.

No, there's something else going on here. All FWB air cylinders from P30 up to P8X have the same threads, and are compatible all the way from old to new.
But a side note, when you screw the cylinder on the gun, just screw it in until it stops, and do not tighten it up hard. If you tighten it up hard, the air cylinder becomes pretty hard to unscrew as the pressure in the air cylinder drops.
Yes is Like o do until
Make
That blup noite! But Sony the end of the world just a litle hard to come off

Yes is Like o do until
Make
That blup noite! But Sony the end of the world just a litle hard to come off
Yes it be cones hard when males the “bulo”
Sound but i
Can take it off just a litle hard but my friend have the same isssue

Uhh Oh!
I cannot imagine why fwb would change the fitting of the cylinders. There are many p44 on the firing lines and changing cylinder fitment is just stupid. I never thought that this could be an issue! As far as I know the difference in the 44 AND 8x is mostly cosmetic.
I took it to a turner who straightened the threads and passed copper grease! I have a spray of these and now is perfect, smooth and perfect!

Reactions: Star7