I cant unscrew the cylinder from my FEB P44 at high pressures(NEW)

I have to agree about not using silicone on metal to metal. I have no idea what the FWB grease is, but it works very well and only a tiny amount is needed. Over here its $12 for a tube but it is a lifetime supply. Silicone is OK for o rings.

A grease is usually an oil carried by a thickener. Silicone grease uses fumed silica to thicken it and that is just really fine sand.

Reactions: ricardocabralsousa
I have to agree about not using silicone on metal to metal. I have no idea what the FWB grease is, but it works very well and only a tiny amount is needed. Over here its $12 for a tube but it is a lifetime supply. Silicone is OK for o rings.

A grease is usually an oil carried by a thickener. Silicone grease uses fumed silica to thicken it and that is just really fine sand.
It’s a crazy thing. I found out the hard way one day shooting trap. Silicone grease was the only stuff I had so I put a dab on my break open browning shotgun. By the end of the round I could hardly open it up. That grease became loctite in there.

Reactions: ricardocabralsousa
What is the problem? That is normal. You have 3000 psi fighting against you. I don’t remove the cylinder until it needs to be charged. I have the same cylinder on my P40. They all have the same threads and valve.
Yes...but it took almost a pressure pliers to remove the cylinder and now with the coopper grease it's very easy and I bought Feinwerkbau Special Grease which I'm waiting for...but now it's great!!!

Good for you. He should be able to easily remove the cylinder regardless of its fill pressure.
Wore out the tee shirt and still going; P700, P8X and walther lp500 no issues 3ksi or 2ksi
Yes..it took almost a pressure pliers to remove the cylinder and now with the coopper grease it's very easy and I bought Feinwerkbau Special Grease which I'm waiting for...but now it's great!!!

Yes, true!im waiting for feinwerkbau special grease! 9,80€

Some will say they silicone threads all the time. I have no idea how that works as in my world silicone on metal to metal surfaces is more like a glue than a lubricant. I think maybe you have found this to be true as well.
Yes i found that! Now im using coopper grease and is like butter and waiting for Feinwerkbau special grease!

What is the problem? That is normal. You have 3000 psi fighting against you. I don’t remove the cylinder until it needs to be charged. I have the same cylinder on my P40. They all have the same threads and valve.
Yes...but it took almost a pressure pliers to remove the cylinder and now with the coopper grease it's very easy and I bought Feinwerkbau Special Grease which I'm waiting for...but now it's great!!!

I've used the grease in tiny spots on the leading edge of the threads for the first couple of installations and much less often after that. It isn't needed every time. I have some bottle guns (BSA super ten) and the continuous changing of bottles is easier after a couple of applications to the outer threads.

I would not be surprised if the grease is something common, but one tube lasts forever. Use very little for the first few tank changes and rarely after that. I have Tau 8 that fills to 300bar and no problems with that higher pressure.