Daystate I feel distinguished now!

I swore I’d never ever get another wood stocked airgun after a fall dinged up my Beeman RX. That is, until a friend sent me his regal for a Huma reg install. Fell in love with it, and told myself one day I needed to add one Daystate in my collection, in either the revere or the regal.

They truly are a pcp of beauty. If you ever see me post and use the word “whilst” that means I own one

The Revere's older brother showed up today! Came sporting a vortex crossfire II 4-12x40 scope on it. Wow, that thing is pretty clear. I stuck my Koi on the front for now.
Not a mark on it that I can find. Very well taken care of. Just a couple little white lent balls on the stipling that I gotta get some tweezers for lol.

1000009114.jpg
1000009116.jpg

Came with a very mild tune. It was super quiet with the stock csrbin fiber looking moderator. Was only shooting around 700 fps with 25.4s.

I cranked it up and was getting 880s with the 25.4s but it got too damn jumpy and loud. I dialed it back a few turns and it's still doing 875 over 30 shots and much quieter. That tells me my goal of 50 fpe is out of the question.

Shouldn't matter though. 44 ft/lbs is plenty for squirrels and raccoons. If the power doesn't kill them, they will roll over and die simply from the honor and prestige of being shot by such a fine rifle.

I got some time after dinner to try some pellets. It shoots the jsb 25.4 and air arms 25.4 pretty much one hole at 30 yards so far. The gun almost sounds broken it's so quiet with the Koi on there.

Now here something odd. I swapped to the factory moderator and it made it a good deal louder BUT the accuracy went to $hit.

I have a Tanto on the way to try on it. It should be quieter than the factory mod and also shorter than that 7" koi.

So far, in the accuracy department, my Kral jumbo 25 cal doing 55 fpe is running circles around the regal. Good thing I didn't up and sell that!

Reactions: Greenarrow