I got a Monster Iguana (Video)

Great video! That one iguana was a big one. Is your taipan a standard and what caliber? It looks like the lady really appreciates your services and could get you some more hunting spots. Finally, what is the name of the tune of the background music, I kinda like it. Keep up the good work!

Hi PMG,

My Taipan is standard in .25cal, I can get 40 shots regulated and 10 more out of regulator, I'm pretty much do all my hunt with a single fill.

The people on the HOA are really happy with me doing this, I ran into two more guys and first they were really impressed when they saw the Taipan, they were, "No way that's an air rifle, it's built like a real gun" They were impressed, and they didn't see the accuracy LOL.

The music I used on the video is from here: http://ncs.io/Tobu_TurnItUp you can download it for free using the "Free Download" button

Another nice productive shooting session, Orion, we need more residents like the lady so that we can get rid of these pesky lizards in our neighborhoods. Thanks, buddy, keep it up.

Funshine

Hi Funshine,

I'm really happy with how I've been treated by the neighbors on the HOA, everyone there is fed with the iguana problem. But on the other side of the canal we have the other extreme, weird people feeding them and complaining when I head shot them... well, I'm glad I'm on the good side of the canal!

I'm really happy with how I've been treated by the neighbors on the HOA, everyone there is fed with the iguana problem. But on the other side of the canal we have the other extreme, weird people feeding them and complaining when I head shot them... well, I'm glad I'm on the good side of the canal!

One way to look at it is that the morons on the other side of the canal are going to keep your side full of iguanas no matter how many you cull. Good for business.

😁

Orion, I got a big one like your monster this morning. I shot him from 45 yards and thought him to be dead, however, when I went to get him he jumped into the canal bleeding. I assume he will either be dead or he'll come back for more. There are several Huge Monsters in my area but they stay in areas where I don't want to shoot.

Yes that can happen, and I've learned that when in doubt a follow up shot on the head just in case... In my video, check how I'm checking and double checking on the big one kicking it before reaching for it, even when I saw the shot was perfectly placed... I've seen then coming back from the death, really scary!

Where are you shooting Funshine?

That's a monster for sure!

When I lived in Homestead and SWFA area for 10 years I was not aware that there was an open season on Iguanas. No Iguanas in Ft Myers area.

I wasn't into PCP's at that time but had a Benjamin XL1500 that I bought that I was using to rid the hood of raccoons.

Many thanks for videos!

Are you in Ft. Myers? I was there 3 weeks ago on Estero Blv. Love the area! 

No I'm back in Maine just about a year ago. Grand kids tugging on my heart-strings got the best of me.

Very familiar with Estero Blv. Use to frequent it when I'd go to Cape Coral for my VA appointments and to ride my Harley on Bike Night in Ft Myers.

I do miss Fla heat and all 😁

Stay in touch. If I'm ever down in that area will give you a holler. I still have friends that are looking forward to go see them someday.

No I'm back in Maine just about a year ago. Grand kids tugging on my heart-strings got the best of me.

Very familiar with Estero Blv. Use to frequent it when I'd go to Cape Coral for my VA appointments and to ride my Harley on Bike Night in Ft Myers.

I do miss Fla heat and all 😁

Stay in touch. If I'm ever down in that area will give you a holler. I still have friends that are looking forward to go see them someday.

Sure buddy, if you are around let me know! It will be really nice to meet!