I had a thief in my yard the other day

I was looking at my cameras Sunday morning and noticed one of my yard lights look rather bright, so when it got light out I check it out. Come to find out it was missing it's top. After looking with no success I proceeded to my security cameras footage and low and behold I found the thief. Has anyone else had experiences with these turds. I just opened crow season !

0923240631.jpg

Trucker at the time it happened we were out to dinner with some friends or it would have been dead. There were two of them working on that light and they managed to get it off and that cap was screwed on. I counted 6 in the yard at that time and when they got it off 3 of them fought over it. The ---turd flew off with it-------------- not to be found LOL

I was looking at my cameras Sunday morning and noticed one of my yard lights look rather bright, so when it got light out I check it out. Come to find out it was missing it's top. After looking with no success I proceeded to my security cameras footage and low and behold I found the thief. Has anyone else had experiences with these turds. I just opened crow season !

View attachment 498600
456491327_122125793720362284_8653947076412440284_n.jpg

Today in between yard work I seen two crows in the same spot where the incident happened. I watched them where they flew off too and walked over to check it out. (Success) :) by luck I found it. I think I over looked it like three times searching that area, it was about 178' from where they took it (rangefinder). During the summer I've been finding rabbit legs, dead birds all dried up in the front yard and have seen the crows picking at them so I'm sure they are bringing them in as they had a nest in a tall tree across the street.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perle and sekiar
Today in between yard work I seen two crows in the same spot where the incident happened. I watched them where they flew off too and walked over to check it out. (Success) :) by luck I found it. I think I over looked it like three times searching that area, it was about 178' from where they took it (rangefinder). During the summer I've been finding rabbit legs, dead birds all dried up in the front yard and have seen the crows picking at them so I'm sure they are bringing them in as they had a nest in a tall tree across the street.

Glad you found it . They mean no harm ….

Crows are OK, but it was ravens that was Odins eyes & ears.

The 2 magpies that roost in the back yard, somehow my CCTV camera like to send me notifications when they are around my car, thinking they are humans ( smart / not so smart motion detect ON )
I swear on one of the latest notifications the 2 birds was shagging their brains out behind my car, which i find strange CUZ its a bit late in the year for that stuff as i understand it.

Had it just been when i was paying attention ( do not use ring tones or vibrator on my phone ) well i would have zoomed in on the CCTV camera, or changed to a closer camera ( dashcam in the car )

Reactions: Bandito