FX I hate the fx impact.

A gun that has seven orings has seven places it can leak from. You bought a gun that set a world record for the most orings. What did you expect. When you disassemble a gun with seven orings you have seven opportunities to shave one when you reassemble the gun. You have around 50 opportunities to shave one and have a new leak. It’s just part of the ownership experience.
He's lucky he doesn't have a Maverick. But seriously even the regulator 0-rings aren't that hard, you just have to have bags of those little suckers because they will break, FX changed to N90's on them, trick is to chuck them in boiling water, THEN put them on with a touch of REAL oil. 0-rings have a shelf life but I'ml not sure if that is un-lubed or lubed. I've got a Daisy 717 pistol that is....ancient and it's still functional.

Reminds me of a scenario I witnessed some years back.
Guy asked me to replace the clutch in his car which had a manual transmission.
I gave him a price to replace EVERYTHING. He thought it was nonsense to replace what's not broken. My reasoning was that the car had 100k on it and that is what you should do anyway.
He ended up doing it himself because others stated the same thing as I.
Well, he had to remove the transmission 3 more times after that to replace all the crap that should have been done the first time.

Reminds me of a scenario I witnessed some years back.
Guy asked me to replace the clutch in his car which had a manual transmission.
I gave him a price to replace EVERYTHING. He thought it was nonsense to replace what's not broken. My reasoning was that the car had 100k on it and that is what you should do anyway.
He ended up doing it himself because others stated the same thing as I.
Well, he had to remove the transmission 3 more times after that to replace all the crap that should have been done the first time.
I bet he can do it now without taking it out three times though. we all make mistakes so we can learn things. It's okay to redo things as long as you learn something

I bet he can do it now without taking it out three times though. we all make mistakes so we can learn things. It's okay to redo things as long as you learn something

Yep, I replaced my clutch...first one I threw in I...well, buggered. Ordered another, and I have around 60k miles on it now....

Did it cost me less than having a pro do it even after purchasing 2 clutch kits? Yes.

Did I learn a lot in the process? Yes.

-Matt

Yep, I replaced my clutch...first one I threw in I...well, buggered. Ordered another, and I have around 60k miles on it now....

Did it cost me less than having a pro do it even after purchasing 2 clutch kits? Yes.

Did I learn a lot in the process? Yes.

-Matt
You know what I always do is I strip that little screw that holds the probe in place on the impact. That is one dumbass design.

Reactions: actionpistol
I purchased the fx impact mk2 3-4 years ago. It never leaked. But now it's creating these slow leaks you can't hear it. I've been chasing after this leak for over a month now and so tired of it. It's like when I find one leak and fix it, it starts to leak from somewhere else. I find that leak and fix it and then another leak from else where. Like wtf. It's like chasing a f ing mouse. Getting really annoying chasing these leaks. I just want it to hold air and not wake up the next day to see it went down 30-50 bars. I will show pic where I find all these stupid leaks. Smh. Still trying to fix these stupid issues, right now from what I can tell is it's leaking from the front bottle adaptor. Will try to fix that and I swear it will leak from somewhere else. Like damn

View attachment 492377

View attachment 492378

View attachment 492379

View attachment 492380

View attachment 492381

View attachment 492382
That is the Achilles heel of this platform. 55 o rings. Daily high maintenance. Perform great when they do. But need TLC. If you had asked when you bought, and you wished durable, low maintenance stuff, we could have steered you to them. But they have their concessions too. But maybe less frustrating for you.

My mistake is thinking an airgun is supposed to service free for 5-10 years. With the impact I can see that this is impossible. I owned other pcp with less o-ring and they are much older than the impact and is still holding air. The impact just have so many small o-ring and many places it can leak from. Also my other mistake is only changing or fixing the spot where it leak and not service the entire gun. This is why I have problems chasing one leak after another. Maybe it is time to change out all the o'-rings on this gun.

Reactions: Airgun Al
That is the Achilles heel of this platform. 55 o rings. Daily high maintenance. Perform great when they do. But need TLC. If you had asked when you bought, and you wished durable, low maintenance stuff, we could have steered you to them. But they have their concessions too. But maybe less frustrating for you.
55 is a bit of an over statement, it's only 37 and that covers all calibers. Daily high maintenance, wow, I guess I should have told my Mavericks that, well they are rather insistent on getting some pellets and slugs put through them quite often so i guess that would count. Just today I took out my .22 Compact for the first time in over a month, darn thing just shot, weird huh?

Reactions: Rizz01 and L.Leon
But are they as innovative as those o rings. What gun do you have?

Platform isn't too relevant, its nothing like OEM. The airgun is pilot driven valve with a 4 gram hammer pushing 60+ fpe at 2000 psi on a 4lb/in hammer spring, gun weighs sub 5 lbs un-scoped and probably has 7 different o-ring sizes including regulator. I bought packs of 50 for each o-ring at around 3-4$ a pop so ~$25 for more o-rings than I'll ever need.

The only thing 'stock' about the gun is the fill valve, literally.

-Matt

Reactions: HogKiller
Platform isn't too relevant, its nothing like OEM. The airgun is pilot driven valve with a 4 gram hammer pushing 60+ fpe at 2000 psi on a 4lb/in hammer spring, gun weighs sub 5 lbs un-scoped and probably has 7 different o-ring sizes including regulator. I bought packs of 50 for each o-ring at around 3-4$ a pop so ~$25 for more o-rings than I'll ever need.

The only thing 'stock' about the gun is the fill valve, literally.

-Matt
That sounds interesting do you have any pictures of it?

Reactions: Rizz01
55 is a bit of an over statement, it's only 37 and that covers all calibers. Daily high maintenance, wow, I guess I should have told my Mavericks that, well they are rather insistent on getting some pellets and slugs put through them quite often so i guess that would count. Just today I took out my .22 Compact for the first time in over a month, darn thing just shot, weird huh?
not to derail the post. the maverick, which I like, has about 35 . The impact has more, quite a bit more. Is a great platform, but requires monitoring .

My mistake is thinking an airgun is supposed to service free for 5-10 years. With the impact I can see that this is impossible. I owned other pcp with less o-ring and they are much older than the impact and is still holding air. The impact just have so many small o-ring and many places it can leak from. Also my other mistake is only changing or fixing the spot where it leak and not service the entire gun. This is why I have problems chasing one leak after another. Maybe it is time to change out all the o'-rings on this gun.
A fair number of airguns are durable and require only occasional maintainence. But 5-10 years? That is asking a lot. O rings dry out, crack, or take a set and fail. You would need to figure a full change of o rings minimal every 2-3 years, regs and other stuff maybe 3-6 years. FX is usually more frequent with these needs.