FX I hate the fx impact.

Nail guns need there seals replaced every few years and they work at a lot lower pressures
Same goes for paintball guns. They operate on much lower pressure, but they also need maintainance once in a while. It's inevitable.

O-rings are just pieces of rubber at the end of the day. It's like saying that your car sucks, because the tires have to be replaced after a while, haha

Im not a big fan of FX airguns. Too many bells and whistles for my taste. But the complaints expressed here can apply to any airgun. The impact just happens to have more o-rings to worry about. Which you should know going in.

Like some already pointed out, seals last longer under pressure. Once you degas it to replace one seal, chances are that others will give out as well. Hence why most people will replace the whole set when the time comes.

Last edited:
Reactions: coastal drifter
Same goes for paintball guns. They operate on much lower pressure, but they also need maintainance once in a while. It's inevitable.

O-rings are just pieces of rubber at the end of the day. It's like saying that your car sucks, because the tires have to be replaced after a while, haha

Im not a big fan of FX airguns. Too many bells and whistles for my taste. But the complaints expressed here can apply to any airgun. The impact just happens to have more o-rings to worry about. Which you should know going in.

Like some already pointed out, seals last longer under pressure. Once you degas it to replace one seal, chances are that others will give out as well. Hence why most people will replace the whole set when the time comes.
not to mention all the tinkering most do with their Impacts

A brand new FX, should have a included 36 month warranty.
Is dropping it off at the nearest authorized FX repair facility, a viable option?
If not, you could remove the action/block, and ship it to a authorized FX repair facility.

If I were determined to do this on my own, I would certainly replace ALL the o-rings, while inside.
I would also use genuine FX o-rings, to insure your getting the correct dimensions, as the tight factory tolerences, can be unforgiving.