I hate those small air gauges

The rifles are bad enough but the fill valves annoy the hell out of me. So I modify them. This old man can sit in his chair, look down at the tank and see the pressure. No fiddling about trying to see some 24mm gauge on the side of the base of the valve with its tiny writing.

Plus I've tested each gauge and know its error. Because as we all well know the standard gauges on rifles and valves are calibrated to NIST standard.

Geometry gets a little interesting. Making sure the gauges clear every thing and don't block access to the knobs.

-- Matt
20240918_033550.jpg
20240918_033629.jpg

The rifles are bad enough but the fill valves annoy the hell out of me. So I modify them. This old man can sit in his chair, look down at the tank and see the pressure. No fiddling about trying to see some 24mm gauge on the side of the base of the valve with its tiny writing.

Plus I've tested each gauge and know its error. Because as we all well know the standard gauges on rifles and valves are calibrated to NIST standard.

Geometry gets a little interesting. Making sure the gauges clear every thing and don't block access to the knobs.

-- Matt
View attachment 497094View attachment 497095
Ok, alright, I'm with you but I just cut a tiny gauge sized hole out of a 3x5 card and extended the lines. and laminated it. I just hold it, line on line when I want to check it.