I Have Finally Decided On my Hunting Setups,,, Took 8 Months

Like it says, I started my hunting air gun collection 8 months ago, after buying the 54 Diana AKP. I have carefully selected 7 more springers to that collection since. and yes, only springers! That 54 AKP is the most accurate, and hardest hitting springer I own, and out to 50 yards on par with the PCP I had, my last! But as well as it shoots, and as hard as it hits, 22 fpe. it did not make my hunting trio!! I have many option, and all good hunting rifles, but this trio over the past 3 months has proven the best I have for each situation I will use an air gun for. These are in my opinion, the best springers out there for their intended hunting method.

All equipped with Grov-Tec sling studs to attach varios slings for transport, and Hawke 4-12x40 Air Max optics, my choice for a perfect hunting scope. With the two used for night hunting setup with the same Thrunite cr123 powered Neutron flashlight in 1" rings, and mounted to the scope tube with a Wicked Lights Picatinny Acc mount.
Illuminated Pest Hunter HW50s .177.jpg

First of for my squirrel and rabbit hunting, the Beeman R10 in 177 caliber, has proven it's worth time and time again. I also thought about the HW77K in .177 also, with it's excellent accuracy, hard hitting Vortek HO tune kit giving 860 fps with the H&N 8.64 gr. But the unbelievable accuracy and energy, du to its J.T. Tune and over 20 oz. lighter, the R10 was the choice. This gun shoots the AA diablo's in 8.4 grains to 915 fps, and will group 10 shots inside a dime at 35 yards when I do my part, repeably! This makes it my choice for any field game up to rabbits out to 40 to 45 yards. pretty flat accurate, and enough power to take bigger pest to about 25 yards with head shots. My day hunter, and no Illumination required.
R10 177 Small Game Hunter.jpg

Then for light duty barn pesting for rats and birds and the such, with some around the house dusk to dawn small pesting chores, my light little HW50s in also in .177 caliber. enough power @ 800 fps with 8.64 grn. H&N FTT for 10 to 25 yard shots, accurate to fault as well with dime sized 10 shot groups out to 25 yards and setup with the lighting acc mentioned above. I picked the HW50 over my HW30 for this setup because it offered about 150 fps more for the added 2" and additional weight still under 8 lbs. still well balance with pretty easy cocking. I acquired this rifle in June and have been very happy with it's ability to maintain zero, and accuracy, so after deciding to set this one up for these hunting tasks, I have a Maccari Hornet tune kit in route. I had thought about the smaller HW30s I also own, and love to shoot, even more than this. But for hunting, and maybe 25 yards in low light I chose the 50s with it's added power in case of larger pests inside 25 yards like possum or skunks, which I consider this marginal for.
20240921_101346[1].jpg

Lastly I setup the only .22 caliber I chose for my hunting setups, my L.E HW77K, not as accurate as the 54 Diana, but smaller, less powerful, and not that much lighter @10lbs 4oz. but much better balanced, with ample power with the 14.66 H&N FTT @ 710 fps. It made my choice for raccoon opossum skunk and other night time nuisance species. This rifle is also professionally tuned by J.T. from Pennsylvania and is as smooth as butter, and accurate with 10 shot dime sized groups out to 25 to 30 yards, plenty for larger targets and ample power for this type hunting. With the Neutron illumination mounted on this rifle for dusk to dawn larger pest control and it is perfectly capable of even fur hunting using dogs. Not to mention it is dressed in my favorite stock with the Green Laminate that screams TAKE ME HUNTING! How could I not choose it for my 22 caliber rig.

22 cal Hunter HW77K.jpg

I am very satisfied with these rifles, for the task I set them up for. in the past 8 months I have had plenty of time to evaluate each, and chose each one for the strengths they have. over other excellent choices I had in my collection. I have made my mind up very well with the R10 and HW50s for their duties, but am seriously thinking of adding a 95 in 22 before I rule out any other choice for the HW77K, as my choice for larger pests and fur bearing critters. I have great backups for any one of these rifles, but I feel these three offer me the best choice of the guns I currently own at what I intend to use each one for.