I hunt tree rats alot.

My shots are typically 60 yards and in .I really would like to purchase a small light weight carbine with a folding stock so I can throw it in a back pack.ive been eyeballing the brk pathfinder. The brk atomick.the leshy2 .and the huben gk1 with the folding stock.im not a tuner I just want an accurate airgun out of the box .so what one would you pick? And anyone with experience with these would be great.

Maxtrouble I have Lyme disease so I shake really bad .so I have to have a rear stock.florida_man I'm looking at the atomick real hard . thanks for the input.
@L.Leon Can give some input also. The BRK XR series is built for hunting.

I bought the Concept for easy power control. The transfer port adjustment is quick and easy.

Reactions: L.Leon
Maxtrouble I have Lyme disease so I shake really bad .so I have to have a rear stock.florida_man I'm looking at the atomick real hard . thanks for the input.
The Atomic would be a good choice, light and easy to walk about with, and more than capable of taking tree squirrels at practical distances… More than enough shots for a typical hunting outing… If you’re looking for a solid out the box consistent performer? The Atomic XR would be a wise choice, no tinkering or tuning, unbox, scope, zero, then get to shwacking squirrels… That you are looking at the Atomic already is a big tell… Mine are with me for the long haul, simply through their awesome performance…. Proof of concept…
IMG_0072.jpeg

I have the Concept XR.25 it is bigger ,so may work better ,Stable is the name of the game for you .I just started using a great tripod,I think that could help you a lot...if you do use a tripod and set it up and wait then the smaller lighter Brocock can be the ticket .Yep light weight tripod with the Atomic is the cats' meoow,you could carry the Atomic in the small back and strap the tripod to the pack Look up the post with all 3 great Brococks that show their size relative to each other..I think the Ruger take down 10/22 pack was the perfect size....Sorry to here about your lyme disease ,it is a bitch.The best to you,your health and your search.

I hope you get better! I would vote for the Atomic then. They look very stout and practical for pesting @L.Leon has proven it. My next PCP will be a Brocock, they seem to be doing everything correctly.

Reactions: L.Leon
The Air Maks Katran is available in different lengths, it has a folding stock, it has a CZ barrel, it is available with a bottle or cylinder and it's pretty light. Especially the shortest one. I have a Caiman, not a Katran, but it is well engineered with great machining, it's accurate, and has plenty of power for squirrels. It makes over 30 fpe with the regulator at 100 bar (22 caliber).

I hope you get better! I would vote for the Atomic then. They look very stout and practical for pesting @L.Leon has proven it. My next PCP will be a Brocock, they seem to be doing everything correctly.
Am flattered, but many others have put the Atomic XR to the test prior to me. Steve at AEAC and Dana at

His torture test sealed the deal for me

Reactions: Florida_Man
If you can find one used, this is a little guy that is not lacking anywhere for its size. I bought mine new because I had to see if my thoughts about the gun aligned with other members here that I respect. It did. But I still think its new price is a little salty. If a guy can buy a Brocock for a lot less and never ever own an EVOL, he will probably be just as happy as a EVOL owner.

IMG_5063.jpeg