I increased my FPS and accuracy .

Great addition!

As a sarcastic person by nature, It’s the first way I read something. There are some very serious people on here, and some sarcastic folks like myself.

Sarcasm wouldn't be any fun if there weren't some serious folks to take it hook line and sinker.

Seriously. That Cometa 400 is a nice rifle. I should have one forthwith in .177 cal. I intend to put a stack of colored spacers behind the buttplate as soon as I take it out of the box.

Hey @Flying B ! How do you like that rifle?

I've been wanting to shoot a .177 and decided on the Cometa. I'm a spring guy and have never shot a gas ram. I'm torn between the two. I'd like your feedback on the gas ram rifles.

I shoot at altitude. I'm wondering if the ram wouldn't be better than a spring up here....
I really like the rifle. I have just shot 300 pellets through it and I did have to tighten the barrel pivot bolt twice but I used loctite the 2nd time and it is still tight. The trigger is very nice and has a solid wall between first and second stage. The rifle is very accurate. The short barrel makes it pretty hefty cocking but manageable. I definitely recommend the Cometa 400

I was thinking back when I was a teenager and how putting a racing stripe would make your car faster so...
I added a white spacer between the butt pad and stock and I'll be darned I think the Cometa shoots faster and is more accurate .
Can this be possible? :ROFLMAO:
Fenix 400 USC Gas Ram .22View attachment 494489View attachment 494487View attachment 494490View attachment 494488
Ha ha ha! Don't know if that could happen, but that white stripe looks pretty dressy on the butt of the stock though!

I really like the rifle. I have just shot 300 pellets through it and I did have to tighten the barrel pivot bolt twice but I used loctite the 2nd time and it is still tight. The trigger is very nice and has a solid wall between first and second stage. The rifle is very accurate. The short barrel makes it pretty hefty cocking but manageable. I definitely recommend the Cometa 400

Thanks for the review!

I wanted to try something different for a while. A .22 springer shoots slow here because of altitude. I wanted a .177 to shoot a little flatter.

Then the gas ram question came up. It seems it would have even more power at altitude. So I'm thinking the gas ram in .177 would be a bunch flatter than what I'm shooting now.

If I put a white stripe on it and some chrome rims I might get 1200 fps out of it.

Thanks for the review!

I wanted to try something different for a while. A .22 springer shoots slow here because of altitude. I wanted a .177 to shoot a little flatter.

Then the gas ram question came up. It seems it would have even more power at altitude. So I'm thinking the gas ram in .177 would be a bunch flatter than what I'm shooting now.

If I put a white stripe on it and some chrome rims I might get 1200 fps out of it.

Don't forget a spoiler...not only will it add a bit more speed, but it will help with any wind drift effecting the pellets you shoot!

1725764314295.png

Oh and a large overkill exhaust, slapping a .45 cal moderator on a .177 will boost not just the muzzle noise, but...the power !!

Some folks don't seem to understand the physical principles at play. Installing the spacer reduces panametric incidents to levels undetectable, even through the use of a calibrated retractable hernialator, which, as should should be obvious, will result in accuracy improvements even at sea level.
The increase in velocity is derived from the spacers inherent ability to increase pressure on the cardoid shaft's transodule node.

Don't need no fancy book lernin' to see that!

...even at sea level...

:ROFLMAO:

So, all this time all I've had to do is add a spacer to my butt plate and presto!
Now I'm thinkin if red is the "fast" color, and you were to go thicker on the spacer, what would you gain then? and what if you add two or three colors together? :unsure: Maybe contact the rifle manufacturer and see if it will void the warranty. The only thing I see holding this MOD back, is what about color blind folks? :oops:

Some folks don't seem to understand the physical principles at play. Installing the spacer reduces panametric incidents to levels undetectable, even through the use of a calibrated retractable hernialator, which, as should should be obvious, will result in accuracy improvements even at sea level.
The increase in velocity is derived from the spacers inherent ability to increase pressure on the cardoid shaft's transodule node.

Don't need no fancy book lernin' to see that!
1725801810021.jpeg

Lewis is correct. It has just taken until now for one of Dr. Robert Beeman's secrets to be revealed.

Red is also known as the fastest color for motorcycles. (As proven by Valentino Rossi.)

Cheers,

J~
That is exactly why I chose a red spacer over white or black. Ask anyone with a red sports car, the cops are certainly convinced of it. Red goes faster, can it even be questioned!

Does the same principle apply to PCPs? Starting the day off with humor has it's benefits, thanks.

On a PCP you have to use those stickers that come with all the aftermarket mods you bought. Plaster those all over your tank and stock. Then start putting them on the bumper of your Prius. Your PCP will gain 300 fps and the Prius will go 500 miles between charging.