FX I need to handle an FX Maverick or Impact Compact

They feel almost identical holding them. If you have the extra funds the impact is worth it. It is considerably quieter when tuned right including the valve. Compact to compact the impact is also shorter. I personally think you are on the right track with FX. I currently own 4 fx’s (and a few other brands) a maverick compact a maverick sniper a m3 compact and a panthera hunter compact. If you have any questions for me feel free to message me.

Yeah, IF...you are only considering the act of looking down the barrel at a sight / scope...they do feel very similar.

It's not until you look at the...whole...gun do you "see" differences. Even then they are not the same, but...similar. But as I said, as planted at the shoulder, cheek on the rest, finger at the trigger...VERY similar.
Yes, I have both.

Mike

I'm looking for someone in the central Missouri that owns one of these. I think I really need to handle one before I decide to purchase one.
Go for the Impact, ergonomics are similar but you can make the impact your own to your liking whenever and if you ever get tired of the factory parts.

It's also easier to tune and you only have to deal woth the one reg if you buy the m4. Of you buy the m3 you can do a reg delete/bypass.

Also impact mags have a higher shot count and there are plenty of aftermarket mags.

Sorry I cant help you out in person, we are pretty far apart. But I can give you my opinion on the three main FX bullpups. I have owned Impacts, a Wildcat, and a Maverick. I can tell you they all feel different, at least to me. The Wildcat has the best ergos by a long shot, that stock is really something wonderful. The Impact and Maverick are pretty good too, but I cant stand the factory grip. If you have big hands or a lot of meat in the web of you hand you will probably want to change grips. I have been really happy with something like the Strike Industries 15*. The Impact in particular I found uncomfortable where the top of the grip area meets that big plenum, it was digging into my hand. Same with the Maverick, that hard angle at the top of the grip where it meets the chassis isnt great for me.

What ever you choose I suggest looking at Bullet Central, they have versions of all three on a huge sale right now.