Umarex I sipped the Notos Kool-aid

I found the dropblock and bottle on Aliexpress. I had no idea it was Huben branded until I got it.
It checked all the boxes for my needs. Dropblock, on-board regulator, dual gauges, and pic rail for bipod mounting. It came packed well and was pressurized when I got it. I'm pleased with it. The reg doesn't creep and is easy to adjust. Here's a few more pics of the reg. I didn't have to re-tap anything. The clocking was off by only ~5deg so I sanded the mating face with 400g on a flat block which only took 10min or so and was able to get a nice fit. The drop block & bottle added right at 1lb to the rifle. The weight balance is nice and it feels less top heavy now. Shot consistency is good as well. I haven't had a chance to shoot the entire bottle yet, but here's a 24 shot string with JSB 18.1gr.

View attachment 399548

View attachment 399549

View attachment 399550

View attachment 399552
A bit late but they have 2 sizes 34 and 51
I found the dropblock and bottle on Aliexpress. I had no idea it was Huben branded until I got it.
It checked all the boxes for my needs. Dropblock, on-board regulator, dual gauges, and pic rail for bipod mounting. It came packed well and was pressurized when I got it. I'm pleased with it. The reg doesn't creep and is easy to adjust. Here's a few more pics of the reg. I didn't have to re-tap anything. The clocking was off by only ~5deg so I sanded the mating face with 400g on a flat block which only took 10min or so and was able to get a nice fit. The drop block & bottle added right at 1lb to the rifle. The weight balance is nice and it feels less top heavy now. Shot consistency is good as well. I haven't had a chance to shoot the entire bottle yet, but here's a 24 shot string with JSB 18.1gr.

View attachment 399548

View attachment 399549

View attachment 399550

View attachment 399552
Which size dr0p block 34 or 51? TIA

A bit late but they have 2 sizes 34 and 51

Which size dr0p block 34 or 51? TIA
Either size is fine. That part - the air plenum and valve isn't used for the Notos bottle mod. It will unscrew after you've released the pressure out of the dropblock. I used a dead blow to whack the valve pin to release the pressure. Wear ear plugs as it's a supersonic pop. Took 4 or 5 hits to relieve pressure. It also comes with a pressure test cap on the bottle fitting. That comes in handy to test for leaks prior to installing the bottle! Good luck.

Last edited:
Either size is fine. That part - the air plenum and valve isn't used for the Notos bottle mod. It will unscrew after you've released the pressure out of the dropblock. I used a dead blow to whack the valve pin to release the pressure. Wear ear plugs as it's a supersonic pop. Took 4 or 5 guys to relieve pressure. It also comes with a pressure test cap on the bottle fitting. That comes in handy to test for leaks prior to installing the bottle! Good luck.
My skills and confidence have not reached that point, yet :) I am gathering the parts and then having a AGN member do the work for me and other things. Someone asked about mods costs- I am up to $450 and still growing. How did this happen on a sub $300 gun???? SMH lmao

Either size is fine. That part - the air plenum and valve isn't used for the Notos bottle mod. It will unscrew after you've released the pressure out of the dropblock. I used a dead blow to whack the valve pin to release the pressure. Wear ear plugs as it's a supersonic pop. Took 4 or 5 guys to relieve pressure. It also comes with a pressure test cap on the bottle fitting. That comes in handy to test for leaks prior to installing the bottle! Good luck.
Correct me if I'm wrong. The drop block screws on to the threaded piece where the stock air cylinder is? If that is correct what seals it the same oring that sealed the stock air tube?

Hi NB1,
Barrel needs to come off first. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the Notos receiver block with original tube removed, but yes, there is a M16 threaded male nipple fitting on the receiver that the drop block threads onto. The picture in an above post shows the silver face on dropblock that mates to the receiver. This had been painted but to get the dropblock to rotate and align properly to the receiver block, I had to remove a couple mils from the drop block face. I did that on a flat block with 220g then 400g psa sandpaper. I had such a small amount to remove, it wasn't worth chucking it in the mill. It just depends how the fit is between the dropblock and receiver housing how much material needs to be removed from the dropblock. The Notos itself is not modified and you can revert back to the tube easily. I chose a 220cc 54mm diameter bottle, but the Huben dropblock would likely work fine with a larger capacity 62-64mm diameter bottle. 220cc at 300bar = ~100 19fpe shots. That was my goal.
View attachment 402616
Thank you for replying.

There seems to be plenty of space under the barrel for a wider/thicker air tank.
I have a few questions:

What is the length of your air tank ?

What is a flat block?

By mil do you mean millimeters?

Thank you for replying.

There seems to be plenty of space under the barrel for a wider/thicker air tank.
I have a few questions:

What is the length of your air tank ?

What is a flat block?

By mil do you mean millimeters?
Here are the bottle dimensions.
1699055270350.png

I used a ~12"x12" of 3/4" MDF as a flat block with 220gr and then 400gr sandpaper for sanding off a couple mils (thousands of an inch) to allow the drop block to align properly with the receiver.

So any one have any idea what the procedure might be for adjusting this reg up and down?
Hey Mik,
Adjusting the reg is pretty easy. The adjustment screw is shown here. You'll want to loosen the locking nut a bit then use allen key to make the adjustment. CCW to raise reg pressure or CW to lower reg pressure. OK to raise pressure with air in bottle, but should degas completely to lower pressure. Doesn't take much to move the reg pressure. Go in 1/8th turn increments or less if going up. If you're increasing it, you'll be able to watch the pressure rise on the reg gauge. A couple dry fires will settle in the reg pressure as you're adjusting it. Tighten locking nut when you're done.
1699532372168.png

Hey Mik,
Adjusting the reg is pretty easy. The adjustment screw is shown here. You'll want to loosen the locking nut a bit then use allen key to make the adjustment. CCW to raise reg pressure or CW to lower reg pressure. OK to raise pressure with air in bottle, but should degas completely to lower pressure. Doesn't take much to move the reg pressure. Go in 1/8th turn increments or less if going up. If you're increasing it, you'll be able to watch the pressure rise on the reg gauge. A couple dry fires will settle in the reg pressure as you're adjusting it. Tighten locking nut when you're done.
View attachment 404560
Thank You Tango Sierra for the info!

Looks good! I too have a notos and the thought has crossed my mind once or twice about modifying it but have decided to keep it 100% stock, just shoots so good the way it is and I have other guns to fill the higher shot count and/or power role. I do enjoy seeing what others do to theirs though. Keep it up!

Looks good! I too have a notos and the thought has crossed my mind once or twice about modifying it but have decided to keep it 100% stock, just shoots so good the way it is and I have other guns to fill the higher shot count and/or power role. I do enjoy seeing what others do to theirs though. Keep it up!

Hmmmm, that just means you need a second one for modifying. 😇