I think i have been wasting my time with JTS

Sorting them was kinda a waste of time
I recently made a purchase of some JTS 22.07g pellets to try out.
Needed a replacement for the JSB's and their failing quality control
I have been using them straight from the tin for 50yrd shooting with great results, but for 100, i wanted to sort them by weight
This is where i think i wasted my time ...
I sorted out 1500 pellets to the 1/10th of a grain on a scale that goes to 1/100th
I ended up with 2 main groups and 4 ..yes 4 that were lower than 22.00g and Nothing above 22.20g ..Out of 1500!!!
The quality control is So Much Better than JSB!!!
I will still sort for 100 yards, but with these JTS, I just need2 piles
IMG_0395.jpeg

The new AEA pellets have proven to be very good also, I just wish they came in larger quantity tins!
I also like the AEA pellets.
I have only tried the 25.39g to replace the MRD's

I do not think there is a difference in the 22.07 for the JTS and AEA

I don't mind the tin size. they easily fit in your pocket and they have a screw down lid

The new AEA pellets have proven to be very good also, I just wish they came in larger quantity tins!
They have 500ct tins but are rarely in stock. You may have to pre-order through ThePelletShop.
I also like the AEA pellets.
I have only tried the 25.39g to replace the MRD's

I do not think there is a difference in the 22.07 for the JTS and AEA

I don't mind the tin size. they easily fit in your pocket and they have a screw down lid
I've only shot the JTS 18.8gr Wadcutters and they shoot phenominally, the AEA pellets although bigger in size than your typical pellets are so damn consistent and group so well out to 100yds in my case. I like the 21.9gr at 900fps and the 25.39gr at 930fps

I have been using them straight from the tin for 50yrd shooting with great results, but for 100, i wanted to sort them by weight
I sorted out 1500 pellets to the 1/10th of a grain on a scale that goes to 1/100th
I ended up with 2 main groups and 4 ..yes 4 that were lower than 22.00g and Nothing above 22.20g ..Out of 1500!!!
View attachment 493103

Pack them up, Ill take them....

My testing has AEA is first with JTS a close second, JSB falling behind. I'm pushing the AEA 33.9's to 1000fps, only because my Raptor is setup for 32gr slugs at the same speed. at 940 in my Mavericks the AEA's are VERY HAPPY.

View attachment 493103
this is what i’ve been saying to everyone. these are good pellets!

Reactions: manabeknives
I’ve seen a few posts claiming pellets with a harder lead alloy will wear or lead your barrel faster, making the use of anything else require a difficult and deep cleaning first. For those who have been using JTS and/AEA for awhile, any experience with switching back on whether that’s true or not?
Untrue. Lead, tin and antimony are far softer than the carbon steel the barrel is made of. Softer pellet alloys lead the barrel faster and necessitate cleaning more frequently.

I’ve seen a few posts claiming pellets with a harder lead alloy will wear or lead your barrel faster, making the use of anything else require a difficult and deep cleaning first. For those who have been using JTS and/AEA for awhile, any experience with switching back on whether that’s true or not?
This is a new one to me..i have not heard of this.
I can easily switch between pellets without a thorough cleaning ..but i am not going to...not after seeing the results of their weights and consistency