Ideas for new shooting range

I think this was wrong place to post this.. Can @Moderator2 or @Moderator3 change this to general discussion?
Maaa.. I look at thread titles not categories in ..

Wide open as that is I guess the sky's the limit. Maybe a few gong/ spinner rack(s). Maybe a few field target critters ?

Reactions: (F)Airgunner
We tought that we need private airgun range, so here it is. Any ideas are welcome what can we build/get here to make it better.

Todays guns were FX maverick, Hatsan jet 2 and Gamo swarm magnum 10x.

Hello @(F)Airgunner

Looks like a perfect and beautiful location. In time a solid foundation with a heavy duty Benchrest and if possible a Covered Roof for weather protection. I know all of this takes time for a new setup but you have a really great start. Good luck and keep us updated on any progress along with photos.

ThomasT

Hello @(F)Airgunner

Looks like a perfect and beautiful location. In time a solid foundation with a heavy duty Benchrest and if possible a Covered Roof for weather protection. I know all of this takes time for a new setup but you have a really great start. Good luck and keep us updated on any progress along with photos.

ThomasT
Im not so much in benchrest althought I have gun capable of it. But yes, that is a good idea too!

Beautiful place.....

I would try to have targets each ten yards up to 220.

For hunting purposes is very important to know how much to compensate after knowing the distance to the animal.
I think we have a 150-160 meters there. But mayne if we make some more room with chainsaw, then we can get 200 meters.

For hunting thought... We cant hunt with airguns in Finland...

Edit: I missed that you live in Finland, maybe idea's for your local metal fabrication guy, as shipping I would imagine would be ridiculously expensive.

Last edited:
Seeing you build your own / homemade

Some smoothround or rebar bent to make up easy portable/ movable gong / spinner rack. Just stab in the ground where needed as needed

portable gong rack .png

These are easy to make up as well
th-4125180696.jpg

• Love

Edit: I missed that you live in Finland, maybe idea's for your local metal fabrication guy, as shipping I would imagine would be ridiculously expensive.
Yeah I think I can find some targets from here or somewhere else in europe too.