I'm looking for a multi-pump air rifle from a Mfg. who has consistent Quality Control... Any suggestions?

No longer made for a reason .. they filled with water
The problem with the Independance/Indy is that there is no way to remove the moisture accumulated from pumping in the air.
This is especially a bad situation if you live in a humid area
I thought it was the answer to "never have to use a compressor again" ... but it wasn't the case.
not all parts are corrosion resistent inside your air rifle
you should have seen the coffe brown liquid that was removed from the inside of the rifle
I never got it fixed because the same thing would happen again
It's a sad situation, because when it worked...the rifle was soo much fun
I would NOT recommend as an option
My thoughts exactly.

They were cool when they worked, but they never worked.

The problem with the Independance/Indy is that there is no way to remove the moisture accumulated from pumping in the air.
I thought it was the answer to "never have to use a compressor again" ... but it wasn't the case.
you should have seen the coffe brown liquid that was removed from the inside of the rifle
I have been looking for an FX Indy . what would you think it would work like in a lower humidity area south KY is a normal 50% to 62% ?

After much searching of countless reviews today, with screws falling out, bolts that have a heavy drag, triggers that freeze, what's described as a flimsy pump system and so on from some of the Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 owners and their reviews (although their are plenty of happy 4 and 5 star reviews that state no problems right out of the box) I've come to the conclusion that there has to be a manufacturer with better overall quality control than what I'm seeing from Air Venturi. It's maybe a step down, at least in price, but does Crosman still manufacture their air rifles in the USA, I've seen a general consensus in their reviews that for the low entry level price they are pretty reliable and accurate air rifles. It maybe that with the low prices no one has high expectations but I'm not sure.
I may have to give up my search for a multi-pump and go with a break-barrel but for now I would like for my first air rifle to be an accurate and reliable multi-pump... Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated...
I own a 1967 Sheridan ,20 cal. Easy to pump and deadly to 48 yards (my home range ) 5/8 inch washer hung on a string . 4 pumps is all i ever do .
paid $150 1 year ago . beautiful looking rifle

Reactions: Stingingfork
I have been looking for an FX Indy . what would you think it would work like in a lower humidity area south KY is a normal 50% to 62% ?
I doubt it
You'd probably have to strip it down every so often just to make sure nothing is corroding and drain any fluids
I doubt anyone wants to do that much maintenance

That's really interesting. Benjamin and Sheridan both used brass or bronze in order to alleviate this and Crosman uses a brass valve mechanism. I've never experienced any significant corrosion/rust issues with multipumps myself, but apparently it is a significant enough concern for companies to have specced their rifles in order to deal with it.

I doubt it
You'd probably have to strip it down every so often just to make sure nothing is corroding and drain any fluids
I doubt anyone wants to do that much maintenance
i suspect you could clear any moisture buildup by occasionally firing the rifle upside down. Particularly if you were to leave it that way overnight so that any moisture accumulation would be concentrated at the transfer port.

I know you said "air rifle" but I'll share my experience and thats with the Crosman 13XX and 2289 carbines. They are versatile and reliable and pretty accurate. At 25 yards 5 shot groups consistent CTC .60 groups. Thats with the stock triggers which I'm getting ready to install the two stage trigger. They are so easy to work on and the aftermarket parts are easy to get. If you are someone who considers weight, they are much lighter than an air rifle. Thats my .2 cents contribution good luck with your search.

Last edited: