FX Impact M3 - Blast of air on cheek when firing

This must have started a couple of weeks ago and I didn't know what was happening. At first, after firing, I noticed my ear was ringing. Then two weeks later, I noticed the blast of air and less earing ringing. I had found some answers on here regarding what this could be, which explained the blast of air would be coming from the barrel port and the breech o-ring needs replacing. However, after replacing the breech o-ring (easy job) the problem persisted. I then suspected the air could actually be coming from the vavle. As you propably know already, this is a full disassembly job. When disassembling, I noticed the C1 was not protuding far out of the body, cetainly not the required 6-6.5mm. So, I replaced the Power Block o-rings and was careful enough to let the thread lock set on the C1, before fully reassembly. Problem solved, now shooting with a 3-5 fps spread and no ear ringing LOL

This must have started a couple of weeks ago and I didn't know what was happening. At first, after firing, I noticed my ear was ringing. Then two weeks later, I noticed the blast of air and less earing ringing. I had found some answers on here regarding what this could be, which explained the blast of air would be coming from the barrel port and the breech o-ring needs replacing. However, after replacing the breech o-ring (easy job) the problem persisted. I then suspected the air could actually be coming from the vavle. As you propably know already, this is a full disassembly job. When disassembling, I noticed the C1 was not protuding far out of the body, cetainly not the required 6-6.5mm. So, I replaced the Power Block o-rings and was careful enough to let the thread lock set on the C1, before fully reassembly. Problem solved, now shooting with a 3-5 fps spread and no ear ringing LOL
Nicely done and thank you for the info. These things are always good to know.

Reactions: TRIPP