FX Impact M4 - Standard or Sniper?

I'm seriously considering a new M4 and can't decide between the Standard and Sniper. Seems for an additional $100 the sniper seems like a deal with the longer 700mm barrel and larger 580cc air tank, but at the cost of more length and weight. I'm considering either .25 or .30, with the possibility of getting the other caliber at a later date. Any thought or advice that might helpmeet decide?

I have a MK2 30 cal 700mm. With the standard STX bbl, it shoots pellets well. Slugs? Nope. You will need a heavy liner and do some tuning. I don’t know what you plan to use this rifle for, but once the dust settles, it’s either pellets or slugs. If for general shooting, I would get the 600mm bbl. BTW, i use mine for 100 yd competition.

Okay, so now I'm more confused than before! LOL! I definitely want .25, but would also like to have .30, just because... Maybe my best bet is to get the standard in .25 and then later get the 700mm barrel in .30. It would only have the 480cc tank, but do I really need a 580cc tank? Not sure how many more shots that would get me.
Personal opinion, 25 cal is the best middle ground. My 700 MM started off as a 30 cal. Consumed a lot of air. Happier with the 25 cal for slugs.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Since the OP has made his decision I hope he doesn't mind if I hijack his thread. I'm also looking at the M4 but for hunting coyotes and hogs out to 120 yards. The hogs will have to be head shots and I know the M4 has the accuracy. Question is will the .25 shooting slugs do the job or should I opt for the .30 with the 700mm barrel?
In that situation I’d opt for 30 cal for addition penetration.

Just curious, how well does the 700mm barrel shoot pellets? If it's equally accurate with both pellets and slugs, then the 700mm makes more sense. I'll probably shooting more pellets than slugs. Second question, will a 600mm barrel fit the Sniper with the 580cc bottle?
On the M3 Impact and others the 600mm barrel is about flush with a 580cc bottle, so you can still use any moderator. I would assume the M4 is the same. But I would buy the 700mm version anyway for the extra barrel length. If you are trying for higher fpe performance the extra 100mm length does make a difference. And if you dont need all the fpe, the extra shot count the longer barrel/bottle allows is great too. I wouldnt worry about the extra weight, the difference is a few ounces most of which is the bottle. The extra length, not my favorite trade off but overall worth it imo. One thing to note is you will likely have to remove your moderator to fit in the case on both lengths; but some 600mm combos will fit inside a factory FX case depending on moderator length.

I agree with everyone above, the 25Cal is tough to beat for performance and versatility when compared to the 30Cal especially. I think 22Cal is my favorite overall, but I will always have at least one 25Cal in my collection. Lots of great pellet options in 25Cal, and a ton of slugs. Not to much more cost to shoot a 25Cal vs 22Cal too which is nice. The 30Cal is a big step up in cost, for a little more fpe and less bc in most ammos. But picking a caliber is mostly dependent on what your goals and targets are, Im assuming you want to do some hunting?

EDIT: Looks like I was too late, you already ordered lol. Congrats on your M4, any combo Impact is a good choice. Dont sweat the small stuff. 😎 👍

Since the OP has made his decision I hope he doesn't mind if I hijack his thread. I'm also looking at the M4 but for hunting coyotes and hogs out to 120 yards. The hogs will have to be head shots and I know the M4 has the accuracy. Question is will the .25 shooting slugs do the job or should I opt for the .30 with the 700mm barrel?
Don't people recommend pellets for head shots to pigs? I thought I have read that somewhere?