FX Impact M4 - Standard or Sniper?

Paul, I think a longer barrel is a better choice for you plus a larger tank = more shots better efficiency especially with larger calibers. As far as caliber, depending on it's use. I told myself if I ever get a larger cal I would go str8 to .30. Also check out the RTI Mora in .30, not out yet but it has loads of power + accuracy and quite efficient, quiet too.

Last edited:
Paul, I think a longer barrel is a better choice for you plus a larger tank = more shots better efficiency especially with larger calibers. As far as caliber, depending on it's use. I told myself if I ever get a larger cal I would go str8 to .30. Also check out the RTI Mora in .30, not out yet but it has loads of power + accuracy and quite efficient, quiet too.
Thanks Randall! I decided to go with the Standard in .25, I have plenty of long guns and was interested in the Impact for something shorter. I really don't need the larger bottle because I mainly shoot from my office and the compressor if right there, so refills are not an issue. I also don't have marathon shooting sessions either, so the 480cc bottle should be more than enough. I do want to eventually get a .30 cal barrel, and can always go with the longer 700mm length on it to get more power and efficiency out of the heavier ammo. Most of my airguns have 500mm or shorter barrels, so 600mm is long in my book! The only airgun I have with a 600mm barrel is the Dreamline Classic, and it's really long! The Standard Impact gives me the same barrel length while being over a foot or more shorter.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Thanks Randall! I decided to go with the Standard in .25, I have plenty of long guns and was interested in the Impact for something shorter. I really don't need the larger bottle because I mainly shoot from my office and the compressor if right there, so refills are not an issue. I also don't have marathon shooting sessions either, so the 480cc bottle should be more than enough. I do want to eventually get a .30 cal barrel, and can always go with the longer 700mm length on it to get more power and efficiency out of the heavier ammo. Most of my airguns have 500mm or shorter barrels, so 600mm is long in my book! The only airgun I have with a 600mm barrel is the Dreamline Classic, and it's really long! The Standard Impact gives me the same barrel length while being over a foot or more shorter.
Congratulations Paul! That's one of the awesome features of FX...the ability to change calibers and barrel lemgths! A close friend has an M3 Sniper in .22....fantastic gun! You'll have fun adding mods of your choice 🤗. There is a large very skittish adult female rat coming around.....have a great weekend!

Actually, yes! It’s super easy to tune and vert accurate. I ended up getting the .22 and .30 cal barrels as well. I tuned it to 900 FPS with the 25.39 grain pellets with the reg set to 110 BAR and the HST macro adjuster set to 8 and the micro to 3. To use the .22 barrel I just move the Macro adjuster to 3 and it’s shooting 18.1 grain pellets at 950 FPS. With the .30 barrel, I st the HST Macro wheel to 16 and it’s shooting 44.75 grain pellets at 850 FPS. All are small clover leaf groups at 37 yards. To change calibers, it’s just 2 grub screws, one for the barrel and one for the probe! Easiest Gun I own for caliber changes. I have an ATN scope mounted on it, so I just set up a profile for each caliber and it’s as easy as swapping the profile and it’s zeroed and ready to go!

Actually, yes! It’s super easy to tune and vert accurate. I ended up getting the .22 and .30 cal barrels as well. I tuned it to 900 FPS with the 25.39 grain pellets with the reg set to 110 BAR and the HST macro adjuster set to 8 and the micro to 3. To use the .22 barrel I just move the Macro adjuster to 3 and it’s shooting 18.1 grain pellets at 950 FPS. With the .30 barrel, I st the HST Macro wheel to 16 and it’s shooting 44.75 grain pellets at 850 FPS. All are small clover leaf groups at 37 yards. To change calibers, it’s just 2 grub screws, one for the barrel and one for the probe! Easiest Gun I own for caliber changes. I have an ATN scope mounted on it, so I just set up a profile for each caliber and it’s as easy as swapping the profile and it’s zeroed and ready to go!

Wow, sounds like a very versatile gun and easy enough to swap out the barrel and adjust the setting on the fly. Is it relatively quiet with the .25? I imagine with .22 it is even quieter?

Was looking at the .25 M4 in copper theme with theh standard 600mm barrel, seems like it's sold out everywhere. lol

Wow, sounds like a very versatile gun and easy enough to swap out the barrel and adjust the setting on the fly. Is it relatively quiet with the .25? I imagine with .22 it is even quieter?

Was looking at the .25 M4 in copper theme with theh standard 600mm barrel, seems like it's sold out everywhere. lol
The .25 is surprisingly quiet with the standard FX Can that came with it! I have a couple Huma-Air moderators attached to the .22 and .30 barrels. The can that came with the M4 .25 wil work with the .22 barrel but the opening is too small for the .30. I had the spares, and the barrels fit in the cardboard boxes they shipped in, with the Moderators attached, so I just fit each one with its own.

The Copper 600mm .25 is what I ended up getting. Have you checked HPP? I received a notification from them yesterday they had received some, but it might have been the Sniper version.

Reactions: Xcaliber
The .25 is surprisingly quiet with the standard FX Can that came with it! I have a couple Huma-Air moderators attached to the .22 and .30 barrels. The can that came with the M4 .25 wil work with the .22 barrel but the opening is too small for the .30. I had the spares, and the barrels fit in the cardboard boxes they shipped in, with the Moderators attached, so I just fit each one with its own.

The Copper 600mm .25 is what I ended up getting. Have you checked HPP? I received a notification from them yesterday they had received some, but it might have been the Sniper version.

I don't have any spare Moderators, looks like going for the bigger .30 moderator might be the way to go for broader coverage that should work with everything below it, just not sure if bigger bore moderator would affect the .25 and .22 accuracy.

The .25 without moderator is not quiet enough to be backyard friendly tho right?