Impact Mk2 for a newbie?

Hi everyone, as a newbie to the sport, but not to firearms, I wanted to get your thoughts on me purchasing a used Impact M2. I was reading a thread here about them selling for $1200 - $1400.

My concern is that it'll be too "complicated" for a newbie. Should I get something "simpler"?

Aslo, what's involved in changing calibers? Magazine, barrel, anything else?

I have two Impacts, a Marauder and an Avenger. If I were buying my first gun, knowing what I know, I'd probably get the Avenger. It gets you in the game with enough $$ left over to buy a compressor and air tank. Once you learn a bit more about the guns, then get an Impact MK3.

The Avenger has a good trigger, shoots straight and has an adjustable regulator and hammer spring. It's a gun you can learn on.

My first was the Marauder and I learned and learned on it. Impacts were #2 and #3, with the Avenger being my 4th gun. Avenger is a shoot and go gun, where the Impacts can be a bit fiddly.

All depends on what you want. The Ferrari (Impact) or Subaru in my case that just goes and goes and goes and goes. . . . .

I am an FX fan. I have owned a couple other guns and they were not bad guns. Just not what I was interested in.
I am also a reloader for powder burners. My background and enjoyment of reloading to squeeze the most or at least significantly better performance is what drew me to FX. Their upper tier guns provide an experience very similar to working up loads for a rifle.
The Impact is almost infinitely variable in what you can make it do. I also have a Maverick and would not steer anyone away from that model.
I went with the Maverick first because I thought it would be less complicated than the Impact. Once I was comfortable enough with tuning I bought an M3. In reality I could have learned all the Maverick taught me with the M3 and spared myself the extra step. Just a side note, I still have a Maverick and for what I retained it to do, it is perfect. Two different guns but both very good.