Impressive? JSB Match Diabolo Hades .22 15.89

I bought Hades .22 Diabolo 15.89 because it was a recommendation for the Leshiy Classic I recently bought. Folks, so this is 'match'? Many of the pellets have mangled skirts and from the tin that was plastic wrapped sealed, I can't say its handling. I don't know, is this typical of JSB? I might just consider Crosman Premier HP 14.3 amazing when consider uniformity of the entire pellet. Trying a return/exchange and perhaps just a bad batch.
DSC_0946.JPG
DSC_0947.JPG

Is that an Amazon order?

I order most of my stuff and they arrive in great shape from Trenier. In the past the only pellets I’ve really had issue with best skirts are JSB and FX dome 15.89gr. But the AA 16gr are always great condition and my rifles like them better

Is that an Amazon order?

I order most of my stuff and they arrive in great shape from Trenier. In the past the only pellets I’ve really had issue with best skirts are JSB and FX dome 15.89gr. But the AA 16gr are always great condition and my rifles like them better

Can't really blame amazon on this one, look at the shape of the tin, it's looks perfect.
I bought Hades .22 Diabolo 15.89 because it was a recommendation for the Leshiy Classic I recently bought. Folks, so this is 'match'? Many of the pellets have mangled skirts and from the tin that was plastic wrapped sealed, I can't say its handling. I don't know, is this typical of JSB? I might just consider Crosman Premier HP 14.3 amazing when consider uniformity of the entire pellet. Trying a return/exchange and perhaps just a bad batch.View attachment 485092View attachment 485093
This has been my experience with buying jsb pellets of any kind, the tin is great shape but the pellets have severely mangled skirts.

I've stuck to buying FX, I'd buy AA over FX if they weren't several dollars more expensive, and have recently converted to shooting AEA pellets, weight and head sizes are superb when it comes to consistency. They are a tad on the larger side though, but you can push them past 900fps and they will shoot great

Last edited:
Can't really blame amazon on this one, look at the shape of the tin, it's looks perfect.

This has been my experience with buying jsb pellets of any kind, the tin is great shape but the pellets have severely mangled skirts.

I've stuck to buying FX, I'd buy AA over FX if they weren't several dollars more expensive, and have recently converted to shooting AEA pellets, weight and head sizes are superb when it comes to consistency. They are a tad on the larger side though, but you can push them past 900fps and they will shoot great
Aa and FX pellets are JSB.

Order from trenier. Quick shipping. Integrity in boatloads. Prices are right, I've yet to receive a tin where more than 2% had even mild issues. Also mild damage to skirt isn't as serious as head damage. The air blast usually straights that issue out if it's not mangled.

Hades are incredibly accurate within 60y. Low BC by ⅓ compared to exacts. FX atomic is identical to Hades. FX and jsb pellets are interchangeable. Order which is cheaper at the moment.

I also buy from Trenier, and I know they are all made by JSB, but regardless of who I buy from. JSB always have magled skirts, I never received AA pellets with damaged skirts and I have rarely found damaged skirt when buy FX pellets. Same company, different set of dies.

In .177 and .22 Hades have always been more of a miss. In my experience the head sizing is inconsistent, when chambering I'll get a bit of resistance or a lot of resistance or no resistance at all.

In .25 I have found that the hades shoot amazing regardless of speed, drom 800-1000fps aoo the way out to 70yds.

In .177 I have found that the barracuda hunter extremes and the barracuda hunters outperform the hades.

Is there a way to fix damaged skirts like this? I have several tins that have pretty badly damaged skirts that I’d like to save if at all possible. Maybe a die of some kind? I know there are pellet sizers, but haven’t had a lot of luck finding something to correct damaged skirts.
The Shooters Box Pellet Resizer/Checker .22 Cal - Hand Press Die Sizer - Stainless Steel - USA Made https://a.co/d/hUJsokr

Congratulations on the new rifle! Have you tried the Hades yet? How did they shoot? Every rifle is different. My Huntsman hates them but shoots the 16's lights out. Go figure.
No, I did not take a cookie from the Hades cookie jar on the return. Also, I'm waiting on scope rings which should be here next week. But, when I had a red dot and using those cheap 14.3s, no complaints on the L1. The prior owner of the L1 said Hades was its favorite pellet. So thought I would try a tin - so on the b-day gift ideas for family members. If the exchange works out, I'll go with the recommendations here. Yeah, I should have been a better shopper, especially being an AN member!

I also buy from Trenier, and I know they are all made by JSB, but regardless of who I buy from. JSB always have magled skirts, I never received AA pellets with damaged skirts and I have rarely found damaged skirt when buy FX pellets. Same company, different set of dies.

In .177 and .22 Hades have always been more of a miss. In my experience the head sizing is inconsistent, when chambering I'll get a bit of resistance or a lot of resistance or no resistance at all.

In .25 I have found that the hades shoot amazing regardless of speed, drom 800-1000fps aoo the way out to 70yds.

In .177 I have found that the barracuda hunter extremes and the barracuda hunters outperform the hades.
That's odd. Maybe a badly shipped batch?
I'm currently working on Hades from trenier in .22 and of the 3 tins in the last month not one pellet I've had to toss. I prefer it in .22 I usually buy the FX pellets too.. usually $2-4 less per tin. The only times I've gotten truly bad JSBs it's been Amazon. I always assume 1-6% are going to be a loss in 22.

I haven't had great results with H&N cuda... Without fail. There is ALWAYS at least 2 distinct (and unacceptably spaced) POI. Cuda 15 and 18. I have an absolutely fresh unblemished pair of bcuda tins atm. And STILL., EVERY mag results in. A split group. Sometimes inches apart. Meanwhile I run JTS, exacts, or Hades and it's a .3" beauty. Maybe it's the. STX and bcuda dont like each other.

Examples:
1000000594.jpg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Amazon and MidwayUSA are a total waste of time to order pellets from. They are clueless with how to ship them and just don't care. No matter what the price is that they're selling them at, they will arrive worthless. Trenier, PA, UA, The Pellet Shop, all know how to ship, use one of them and those Hades will show up right.

That's odd. Maybe a badly shipped batch?
I'm currently working on Hades from trenier in .22 and of the 3 tins in the last month not one pellet I've had to toss. I prefer it in .22 I usually buy the FX pellets too.. usually $2-4 less per tin. The only times I've gotten truly bad JSBs it's been Amazon. I always assume 1-6% are going to be a loss in 22.

I haven't had great results with H&N cuda... Without fail. There is ALWAYS at least 2 distinct (and unacceptably spaced) POI. Cuda 15 and 18. I have an absolutely fresh unblemished pair of bcuda tins atm. And STILL., EVERY mag results in. A split group. Sometimes inches apart. Meanwhile I run JTS, exacts, or Hades and it's a .3" beauty. Maybe it's the. STX and bcuda dont like each other.

Examples:
View attachment 485193
I hear ya, I don't use H&N in .22 unless it's slugs, and the only time I shoot H&N pellets is in .177. I love their slugs in .30 and .22 though.

I don't care much for .25 cal, nor own any at the moment, I used to own a few. I have a buddy that strickly shoots .25 and .30 so when I need to borrow a gun from him that's the cal I end up using and the hades .25 shoot extremely well.

I can't get behind the jsb exacts light pellets being so expensive.

I just received my weekly order from TA ..
both the .22 and .25 Hades are perfect. Well packed quickly received. Wisconsin to Atlanta is no chip shot , and many of the employees of the South atlanta distribution warehouse share intellectual parity with Gibbons.
View attachment 485219

View attachment 485217View attachment 485218
Nice! Those look really good.
Amazon and MidwayUSA are a total waste of time to order pellets from. They are clueless with how to ship them and just don't care. No matter what the price is that they're selling them at, they will arrive worthless. Trenier, PA, UA, The Pellet Shop, all know how to ship, use one of them and those Hades will show up right.
From what I have seen and heard midway usa is only good at packing them if you buy like 10 or more. I also like how Bullet Central and the Pellet Shop packed my tins. Super secure and extra padded.

Reactions: dgeesaman
I hear ya, I don't use H&N in .22 unless it's slugs, and the only time I shoot H&N pellets is in .177. I love their slugs in .30 and .22 though.

I don't care much for .25 cal, nor own any at the moment, I used to own a few. I have a buddy that strickly shoots .25 and .30 so when I need to borrow a gun from him that's the cal I end up using and the hades .25 shoot extremely well.

I can't get behind the jsb exacts light pellets being so expensive.

Of premium pellets whats cheaper?

H&N @ 10.00 is for 250. Same for aea and JTS.
For exacts I have recently made the switch to JTS for targets. For animals the soft lead is necessary.

Back to my point. 14.99-20.99 for 500 is on par with all the rest if not a tiny bit cheaper.

Southern precision air weapons, Trenier Airguns, ThePelletShop all seem to be extremely competitive with prices. UA has fx .22 15.9 for sale for 14.99 right now as well

Of premium pellets whats cheaper?

H&N @ 10.00 is for 250. Same for aea and JTS.
For exacts I have recently made the switch to JTS for targets. For animals the soft lead is necessary.

Back to my point. 14.99-20.99 for 500 is on par with all the rest if not a tiny bit cheaper.

Southern precision air weapons, Trenier Airguns, ThePelletShop all seem to be extremely competitive with prices. UA has fx .22 15.9 for sale for 14.99 right now as well
I forget where I had seen it but the lightweight JSB (13-14gr) were about $27, that's what I was reffering to.

I forget where I had seen it but the lightweight JSB (13-14gr) were about $27, that's what I was reffering to.
Amazon. The jumbo rs or express. Here's how you need to see it. If it WAS 10$. Now add the shipping. I know SPaW has a 15 flat rate. TPS starts at $8.90 for my zip code, UtahAir about the same. Trenier is typically 8-9.

Ammo is best ordered in multiples.. the economics of e commerce shipped products makes it the case that you can get 1-5 tins shipped at the same cost.

With amazon you get immediate processing, immediate shipping and EXTREMELY rushed shipping. You also get a HIGH likelihood of damaged pellets.

Order one tin from tps and with 1-2 day shipping you're looking at substantially more. Inflation my dude.