• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch In the eye of the beholder

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Yesterday I had lazer surgery on my shooting eye.
A few months ago I kept cleaning my glasses, until I realized it wasn’t my glasses. Went got eyes checked. Cataracts. Right eye , my shooter eye. If I waited much longer I’d be using a white cane.
Today I shot a R9 and a HW98 both .20 cal. Wow WOW Wow. What a difference. Feel like Steve Austin. What a difference.
‘This evening I took out one of my favorite plinkers. HW77 .25.
IMG_8892.jpeg
My glasses are on the table. I was awake and watched the surgery, amazing procedure. Got the whole package, can read as well. Here’s where is gets good.
For years I’ve been cutting cans in half in as few shots as possible. Mushroom size can is the official size. I was at 39, 34, 55. All over, the best for me was 27 at 30 yds.
IMG_8891.jpeg
This can I dropped 21 rounds with Hades and the 77. And 35 yds. Only wasted 2 shots. New record
‘Anyone putting this surgery off, for me, massive difference. Don’t need the glasses any more either.
Lead is going to fly. Crow

myself I was target shooting this evening with my cut down notos and hatsan velox..I was missing the 30 yard target and got frustrated so I figured if I was missing you can't get worse than that..3" spinners.. so I switched to the 50 yards one I normally use for the rifle and I started regularly hitting the 50 yards spinner.. it's all fun.. the notos is about half the volume with the moderator in the shroud.. but I like the balance and sights on the velox better.
Mark

Reactions: crowski
"Feel like Steve Austin"
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Gets better. Day 2 I can do x-rays. Crow
Bless you Crow. Be Well Brothers, Bandito.
Thanks, appreciate it, Crow
glad you got the surgery and it turned out well.. it's what we always hope for.. I'm really glad to just hear you are better, you probably don't know me, but your one of the people that I take notice of what they say..
I'm very happy for you
Mark
Thanks Mark. “I know nothing” (Manuel, Faulty Towers). Crow
myself I was target shooting this evening with my cut down notos and hatsan velox..I was missing the 30 yard target and got frustrated so I figured if I was missing you can't get worse than that..3" spinners.. so I switched to the 50 yards one I normally use for the rifle and I started regularly hitting the 50 yards spinner.. it's all fun.. the notos is about half the volume with the moderator in the shroud.. but I like the balance and sights on the velox better.
Mark
Great shooting. Not at all familiar with PCP’s. Sounds good. Crow
Crow,

Just went through it myself last year. Like being given a second chance at a new life. Was a very humbling experience for me, one day blind next day was a whole new beautiful, bright, colorful world! Protect them eyeballs - they're precious!
You’re so right. We’re so lucky. I can’t wait to try the iron sights, which were useless before.
‘My brother and son both lost an eye. So I’m aware. Thanks, Crow

Yesterday I had lazer surgery on my shooting eye.
A few months ago I kept cleaning my glasses, until I realized it wasn’t my glasses. Went got eyes checked. Cataracts. Right eye , my shooter eye. If I waited much longer I’d be using a white cane.
Today I shot a R9 and a HW98 both .20 cal. Wow WOW Wow. What a difference. Feel like Steve Austin. What a difference.
‘This evening I took out one of my favorite plinkers. HW77 .25. View attachment 474007My glasses are on the table. I was awake and watched the surgery, amazing procedure. Got the whole package, can read as well. Here’s where is gets good.
For years I’ve been cutting cans in half in as few shots as possible. Mushroom size can is the official size. I was at 39, 34, 55. All over, the best for me was 27 at 30 yds. View attachment 474008This can I dropped 21 rounds with Hades and the 77. And 35 yds. Only wasted 2 shots. New record
‘Anyone putting this surgery off, for me, massive difference. Don’t need the glasses any more either.
Lead is going to fly. Crow
Excellent,
I had eye surgery 7 weeks ago, as soon as the scar tissue heals, my cataracts get removed.
Fascinating being in the operation theatre, starship enterprise sprang to mind.

Now I have no fear of any eye surgery, looking forward to the next session.

Get those eyes checked out guys.👍

Having Cataracts surgery is a walk in the park that people wait to long from fear

I have had both eyes done 10 years ago

Now let tell you about what I just when through Fuchs’ Dystrophy requiring a full corneal transplant or an endothelial keratoplasty (EK). With a full corneal transplant, your doctor will replace your cornea with that of a donor. An EK involves transplanting endothelial cells in the cornea to replace the damaged ones

Now that is what happen to me to me in my right eye this was far from a walk in the park.

The real pain was recovery.

But 3 months down the road my sight is great once again I am back to shooting.

What is Fuchs’ dystrophy?​

Fuchs’ dystrophy is a type of eye disease that affects the cornea. Your cornea is the dome-shaped outer layer of your eye that helps you see.

Fuchs’ dystrophy can cause your vision to decrease over time. Unlike other types of dystrophy, this type affects both of your eyes. However, vision in one eye may be worse than the other.

This eye disorder may go unnoticed for years before your vision worsens. The only way to help Fuchs’ dystrophy is through treatment. In the case of vision loss, you may need surgery.

Congrat's Crow , now you can really have some fun .
Stan in KY .
Thanks Stan. The lead is already flying. Crow
That's great news. I'm very happy for you. I'll have to rethink about eye surgery
Mycapt65, thanks, and if it’s cataracts you have. Nothing to worry about. The most pain, was no food from midnight till 1;30pm. Good luck. Crow
Glad all is well Crow. You are lucky that they needed surgery. Mine aren’t to bad enough yet. Just bad enough for shooting well. Maybe I’ll get them checked again. Bless you. Good post.
Thank you. I’m blown away the difference. Just came in from shooting this morning. Shot the 300 with Diopters and a K98 with iron sights. Whole new ball game. Looking forward to getting the other side. Crow
Thanks for the post. I go for a consult on 7/2. I was almost going to cancel. Now I’m looking forward to it. Thanks, good shooting 👍😉
Your welcome. This A I technology is amazing. The light shows are outstanding. Thanks. Crow Good luck.
Excellent,
I had eye surgery 7 weeks ago, as soon as the scar tissue heals, my cataracts get removed.
Fascinating being in the operation theatre, starship enterprise sprang to mind.

Now I have no fear of any eye surgery, looking forward to the next session.

Get those eyes checked out guys.👍
Iron Butterfly’s “In A Gadda Da Vida. Comes to my mind.
‘Good luck. Crow
Having Cataracts surgery is a walk in the park that people wait to long from fear

I have had both eyes done 10 years ago

Now let tell you about what I just when through Fuchs’ Dystrophy requiring a full corneal transplant or an endothelial keratoplasty (EK). With a full corneal transplant, your doctor will replace your cornea with that of a donor. An EK involves transplanting endothelial cells in the cornea to replace the damaged ones

Now that is what happen to me to me in my right eye this was far from a walk in the park.

The real pain was recovery.

But 3 months down the road my sight is great once again I am back to shooting.

What is Fuchs’ dystrophy?​

Fuchs’ dystrophy is a type of eye disease that affects the cornea. Your cornea is the dome-shaped outer layer of your eye that helps you see.

Fuchs’ dystrophy can cause your vision to decrease over time. Unlike other types of dystrophy, this type affects both of your eyes. However, vision in one eye may be worse than the other.

This eye disorder may go unnoticed for years before your vision worsens. The only way to help Fuchs’ dystrophy is through treatment. In the case of vision loss, you may need surgery.
Wow, you’re lucky.
‘Great you regained your sight. Crow

@crowski - Glad to hear you are on the mend and the lead is flying. Best therapy ever. Those mushroom cans are evil, should be a bounty on them critters.
Thanks. If there’s a bounty on cans, I would be a millionaire. Crow
I so like recycling Crowski. You seem proficient at it! Be Well Brothers, B.
👍 Years ago, in the spring, on a specific garbage day you could throw anything out. I was one of those guys, driving around, salvaging garbage. Did my town and the next, 3 nights each. Fixed everything and had a yard sale. Made up to 5 g’s. in the 80’’s , damn good money. Most I got for 1 piece of garbage. $600. Miss those days. What didn’t sell I took to auction barn and was left with just cash. Crow
PS. I had people knock on my door and ask when my next sale was, they said they were the best and asked where I got everything. Told them it was multi family.

Mr Crow, did the surgery help keeping the red dot on red dot sights defined?
Really glad the surgery worked out for you!
Thanks. Never mind the Mr. Just came in from a few hours of shooting. I want to rub my eyes in disbelief but couldn’t.
All my scopes are Air Max and Element. Haven’t tried any red dots yet. I can see the cross hairs way better and everything. Improved shooting for sure. Crow

5 hours ago I had surgery on my left. I don’t need glasses any more. Already improving, my eye from last week can see perfect. I'm was going out to shoot them,glasses and my wife stopped me. Their silhouette‘s frame less. I called the shop where I got them. For $325. turning them into sun glasses.
I am blown away by how easy a procedure to improve your vision, and awake while doing it.
My shooting has definitely improved, big time. I haven’t been able to shoot iron sights as easily as now. 🐿️
Highly recommended, Crow