Interested into getting a pcp pistol

Wow, lots of nice pistols to choose from.
Like rsfrid, I think the HW44 is a great choice, hand pump filled with ease.
Extremely accurate, and hard hitting.
I have a .177 and liked it so much that I bought a used .22 on the classifieds.
The .177 is my favorite because it shoots flatter, but the .22 is every bit as accurate.
ThomasT has done well with his pistols and has good suggestions too.
I agree with him in that pistols are as much fun to shoot as rifles.
These are my favorite pistols.
The HW44 is under a custom Steyr LPS that was converted into a long and extremely quiet .177 and the other one is a Crosman Silhouette pistol. Only the HW44 would be powerful enough to hunt with in my opinion.

42CDF50A-252F-4743-9AA4-C31E02FBBD71.jpeg

CA9A3C10-3B30-4292-990B-AD37518CA1AB.jpeg

The HW44 / HW110 platform is available in left and right handed configurations. Reflex or red dot, both very capable out to fifty yards. Sparrows do not come any where near the range any more!

View attachment 313822
Hello @maxtrouble

Well if I was a Sparrow I surely would not come anywhere near your house 😁

Very nice set up you have.

ThomasT

Yes, the chamber cylinder can be oriented horizontally.

Personally, I'd violate your $1000 limit by $50-100 to get the Pro model. But the standard model lands you at least that much less than your budget. Either model meets your primary requisites of ACCURACY and shot-count in spades, and will do a good job on most pests to your range requisite of 25 yards.

Larger pests? Add an optic and take brain shots.

I have a Beeman 2027 - $118 and it outshoots my $400 Prod / Benjaman Marauder Pistol as far as group size goes for almost 75% less $$. You might consider that or as already suggested, a Bandit (Airbug or Chaser) to see if you like shooting a PCP pistol, then get something fancy if you do. If you don't, convert it to a folding stock rifle with the Buck Rail full kit for a tiny backpack gun.

I like the look and the feel of the Beeman 2027 with a Buck Rail AR style conversion on it better than the wood grip that comes with it. They are only $20 including a GI style grip. You may want to trade the grip out for something different. There are hundreds of styles out there.

1671131827613.png

Images below are with the full Buck Rail treatment. You could just add the fore end if you weren't interested in a shoulder stock, but I like it better without the fore end when set up as a pistol. The $20 shipped Buck Rail moderator despite its small size reduced the muzzle report significantly. You do lose the dayglow front sight however.

1671131871780.png

1671131892693.png

If I were to talk myself into a $1K plus PCP pistol, I would want the following options, though they might not exist in a current production gun.

Easily shootable with one hand
At least a 12 round magazine
Semi auto
8 ounce or lighter trigger
Easy scope mounting
Standard threaded moderator installation
50 shots without refilling
1/4 MOA accuracy at 25 yards
Enough energy to take small game

I think I would also enjoy owning a 10 meter ISU / Olympic match ready pistol such as what is offered by FWB, Hammerli, Morini, Gehmann, etc., to shoot in the ISU rules summer games each year.

1671132586321.png

Last edited:
I have a Beeman 2027 - $118 and it outshoots my $400 Prod / Benjaman Marauder Pistol as far as group size goes for almost 75% less $$. You might consider that or as already suggested, a Bandit (Airbug or Chaser) to see if you like shooting a PCP pistol, then get something fancy if you do. If you don't, convert it to a folding stock rifle with the Buck Rail full kit for a tiny backpack gun.

I like the look and the feel of the Beeman 2027 with a Buck Rail AR style conversion on it better than the wood grip that comes with it. They are only $20 including a GI style grip. You may want to trade the grip out for something different. There are hundreds of styles out there.

View attachment 313872

Images below are with the full Buck Rail treatment. You could just add the fore end if you weren't interested in a shoulder stock, but I like it better without the fore end when set up as a pistol.

View attachment 313873

View attachment 313874

If I were to talk myself into a $1K plus PCP pistol, I would want the following options, though they might not exist in a current production gun.

Easily shootable with one hand
At least a 12 round magazine
Semi auto
8 ounce or lighter trigger
Easy scope mounting
Standard threaded moderator installation
50 shots without refilling
1/4 MOA accuracy at 25 yards
Enough energy to take small game

I think I would also enjoy owning a 10 meter ISU / Olympic match ready pistol such as what is offered by FWB, Hammerli, Morini, Gehmann, etc., to shoot in the ISU rules summer games each year.

View attachment 313877
That first picture of the beeman with the black grip i like its look vs the bulky wood ( not that wood aint good😉)...

pistolsarefun-k.png

Own quite a few pistols of different types and uses .... for the Pistol Field target game I put together a hybrid custom using a BSA Scorpion single shot and some "Ultra" parts. Made for one mighty fine shooter and gets about 55 shots at 12 fpe.

33.jpg

Attachments

• 20220713_150919.jpg
    20220713_150919.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 17
Own quite a few pistols of different types and uses .... for the Pistol Field target game I put together a hybrid custom using a BSA Scorpion single shot and some "Ultra" parts. Made for one mighty fine shooter and gets about 55 shots at 12 fpe.

View attachment 314702
Hello @Motorhead

Far out (y)

ThomasT

I had forgotten about the Artemis PP700 mentioned above. If you don't mind single shot I've read many posts about how nice a pistol it is. It is a clone of the Kalibrgun Ocelot.
Mmm...the PP700SA and the Ocelot are "clones" ?

Hate to disagree, but then what do I have ?
They "sort of" have some of the same design points, but, the Ocelot is about 1/2 times (or more) larger than the PP700(SA) is.
The Ocelots frame/receiver is almost twice as large as the PP700's, the air cylinder is also about 1/2 times as larger than the PP700SA's.

Saying that, I suppose that they could be twins...from different fathers !

Mike

If you're handy with a drill press, you can make a nice light gun like these.

2400KT pistol tubes with discovery valves, Prod 2 stage triggers and hammers, one was 177 and the other 22. Both had the Bstaley o-ring mod also.

The 177 got around 10 fpe for 15 shots on a 3000 psi fill. The 22 was right about 10 shots and over 20 fpe.

Can always slap a carbine stock on them also to increase your accuracy.

Think i had less than $300 in each, would even be less if you source the parts from crosman.
20210331_201454.jpg
20210804_191903.jpg