Interested into getting a pcp pistol

Made this one up earlier in the year ...
Started with a 1701 air tube, P-rod breech, Small @ 7cuin bottle & Ninja reg. Internal valve work, LW hammer & SSG, 18" crosman barrel & custom shroud with a 20 FPE tune in .22 cal. Does about 30 shot on a 3k fill.

My camping and hiking around plinker.

DSCF1042.JPG

Last edited:
Had fun with this one ... rebarreled in .25 cal. gets @ 30 shots at @ 16 fpe ... fun pistol for sure !

View attachment 314759

View attachment 314764
That swing block dont give you any leak issues ? I seen a few guys say somthing leaks around it or it ? I been eyeballing the artemis 3 pistols pp,800,,700,750.

This is a timely topic. As I am shooting my old CPM1 (Diana Chaser) down in the basement this weekend, and I am creating a pile of empty CO2 cartridges, I've been thinking about a pistol in PCP. Better performance in cold weather and less waste. Y'all have some nice ones!
Ya, the co2 cartridges thing is kinda turned me off from my co2 guns. One less thing to deal with .

I have a Beeman 2027 - $118 and it outshoots my $400 Prod / Benjaman Marauder Pistol as far as group size goes for almost 75% less $$. You might consider that or as already suggested, a Bandit (Airbug or Chaser) to see if you like shooting a PCP pistol, then get something fancy if you do. If you don't, convert it to a folding stock rifle with the Buck Rail full kit for a tiny backpack gun.

I like the look and the feel of the Beeman 2027 with a Buck Rail AR style conversion on it better than the wood grip that comes with it. They are only $20 including a GI style grip. You may want to trade the grip out for something different. There are hundreds of styles out there.

View attachment 313872

Images below are with the full Buck Rail treatment. You could just add the fore end if you weren't interested in a shoulder stock, but I like it better without the fore end when set up as a pistol. The $20 shipped Buck Rail moderator despite its small size reduced the muzzle report significantly. You do lose the dayglow front sight however.

View attachment 313873

View attachment 313874

If I were to talk myself into a $1K plus PCP pistol, I would want the following options, though they might not exist in a current production gun.

Easily shootable with one hand
At least a 12 round magazine
Semi auto
8 ounce or lighter trigger
Easy scope mounting
Standard threaded moderator installation
50 shots without refilling
1/4 MOA accuracy at 25 yards
Enough energy to take small game

I think I would also enjoy owning a 10 meter ISU / Olympic match ready pistol such as what is offered by FWB, Hammerli, Morini, Gehmann, etc., to shoot in the ISU rules summer games each y
I have a Beeman 2027 - $118 and it outshoots my $400 Prod / Benjaman Marauder Pistol as far as group size goes for almost 75% less $$. You might consider that or as already suggested, a Bandit (Airbug or Chaser) to see if you like shooting a PCP pistol, then get something fancy if you do. If you don't, convert it to a folding stock rifle with the Buck Rail full kit for a tiny backpack gun.

I like the look and the feel of the Beeman 2027 with a Buck Rail AR style conversion on it better than the wood grip that comes with it. They are only $20 including a GI style grip. You may want to trade the grip out for something different. There are hundreds of styles out there.

View attachment 313872

Images below are with the full Buck Rail treatment. You could just add the fore end if you weren't interested in a shoulder stock, but I like it better without the fore end when set up as a pistol. The $20 shipped Buck Rail moderator despite its small size reduced the muzzle report significantly. You do lose the dayglow front sight however.

View attachment 313873

View attachment 313874

If I were to talk myself into a $1K plus PCP pistol, I would want the following options, though they might not exist in a current production gun.

Easily shootable with one hand
At least a 12 round magazine
Semi auto
8 ounce or lighter trigger
Easy scope mounting
Standard threaded moderator installation
50 shots without refilling
1/4 MOA accuracy at 25 yards
Enough energy to take small game

I think I would also enjoy owning a 10 meter ISU / Olympic match ready pistol such as what is offered by FWB, Hammerli, Morini, Gehmann, etc., to shoot in the ISU rules summer games each year.

View attachment 313877
I don’t know the prices of the 10m guns you mentioned but I really like my FWB Piccolo. It shoots way better than I’ll ever be able to. Gets about 80 shots to a fill. I don’t compete with it, I just wanted something that removed the gun from the accuracy equation of gun/shooter. It definitely does that.

2CA80872-627B-4043-9C10-AE808C651A0F.jpeg

I have 3 PCP pistols (all in .177): PP750, PP700, Beeman 2027.

As pisotls, I like the PP750 and PP700 the most.

Beeman 2027 is decent but it's big for a pistol, so you will need to find a way to attach a stock.
The photos show a Beeman 2027 with a Crosman 2100B stock.
The white part os made of thermoplastic.
The stock can be attached and detached and is stable enough.

20221128_130959.jpg

20221128_131005.jpg

20221128_131026.jpg

20221128_131030.jpg

Reactions: ThomasT